Body Style:
2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Engine: 3.0L twin-turbocharged I6
Power: 380-444hp
Torque: 332-391 lb-ft
Weight: 1505-1635kg
Transmission: 8-speed dual-clutch
Drivetrain: rear-engine, rear-wheel drive, rear-engine, all-wheel drive
Curator's Comments: Poll includes Carrera, Carrera 4, Carrera S, and Carrera 4S models as these are the only 992 trims that have been released yet.

In an age where cars are increasingly becoming more angular and controversially styled, especially performance cars, kudos to Porsche for keeping the 911 civilized looking, and evolutionary as to revolutionary. Like the 991, it's certainly a good looking (though not perfect) design that will prove to be timeless. Cool.

Starting to see some come out betting they’ll be more common later next year hopefully the GT3/2 and Turbo will be cooler
84C22091-A128-451F-A7DB-65DA5FE724CC.jpeg
6AD67E92-9E0D-4889-BC2A-F5C43049D7B5.jpeg

Not really a fan of the newer ones, but it is good looking and you will get the looks with one of these.
Cool

In this spec it's a dentist's car.

On a more technical level, it looks indistinguishable from a 991 to a non-car person. The 992 is kind of safe in terms of the design direction. Sure the headlights aren't omelets but it looks like a mild facelift of the outgoing generation.

Meh.

These bread and butter-spec 911s are cooler than the speculator-spec Turbo/GTx versions that will come later, but i feel like they are becoming too accomplished and efficient to actually be cool. As nice as the baser models look these days, the effect of having wide arches and the car just generally getting bigger all round just means that on narrower roads, like the ones we have in Europe, the ones you'd want to throw a car like this down, the 911 is just getting too wide for. The wider platform also increases grip so you have to push it harder to get the same enjoyment. As much as i hate to give it a 'meh'. Meh.

I don't know how it is for other countries but I feel like the 911 is the balance between Everyday sports car and ostentatious, for that I would say cool.

The current one is an improvement in looks as well even though its very minor.

Back