GTP Cool Wall: 2019- Porsche Taycan

2019- Porsche Taycan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted SZ, you can all come kill me now.

On a somewhat related note, apparently no generations of Cayenne or Macan have ever been polled on the wall, and only the first-gen Panamera has.

It moves the world forward, looks better then the Panamera and is a Geniune competitor to Tesla although it does things a little different(more quality and more cost).

Cool.

Its presence alone is enough to rub Tesla fans up the wrong way, and that alone makes it cool.

Add to that it is a genuinely desirable EV, and it is a high cool.

This is a hard cool. Almost SZ. It's actually got a finished front fascia, and not the "wiped mouth Mr. Anderson" look that Tesla's have. In fact, I find it quite attractive. That said, I hold off on the SZ vote as I'd like to see how it holds up in the long run. Battery life will make or break it.

I don't like it, sorry.
The styling isn't doing it for me at all, but I can see it being a cool car for most people and it has great tech so it saves it from uncool.
Meh it is I guess

The headlights spoil what is a decent looking 4-door saloon/coupe. It's a 996-like mistake that i imagine Porsche will improve at mid-life refresh stage.

I've not seen one been tested independently as yet, so it's a bit hard to tell quite how good it is in the real world for now. If it lives up to expectations then i guess it's a low cool. If only for having a proper stab at doing a Model S properly.

I'm personally of the opinion that a car needs to be "received" by the public for some time in order for the public to develop a lasting impression of the car. That lasting impression determines whether or not it is ultimately cool.
Ahh, fair enough. I suppose that speaks to my longevity caveat.

The Taycan represents a paradigm shift in EV's. It's one of the hottest cars to hit the streets in recent memory, and one of the most significant Porsches in recent memory. I can't wait to drive it in GT Sport. Cool.

Not the best looks, but the fact it is fast AND Eletric at same time, it's not a combo you see everyday. Porsche has been doing really good lately, High cool on this. If the design or looks were better, would have sat a sub-zero there.

Back