GTP Cool Wall: 2019- Rimac C Two

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GranTurNismo, Aug 23, 2019.

?

2019- Rimac C Two

Poll closed Sep 2, 2019.
  1. Sub Zero

9.4%
  2. Cool

34.0%
  3. Meh

18.9%
  4. Uncool

22.6%
  5. Seriously Uncool

15.1%
  1. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

2019- Rimac C Two nominated by @Obelisk

[​IMG]

Body Style:
    2-door coupe
    Engine: 4 liquid-cooled, permanent magent synchronous electric motors
    Power: 1888hp
    Torque: 1696 lb-ft
    Weight: 1950kg
    Transmission: single-speed gearbox and twin two-speed gearboxes.
    Drivetrain: Individual-wheel drive
    Curator's Comment: Despite the name C Two (Concept Two), this is a production-model car and not a true concept or one-off.

2. YoshiMaster2

YoshiMaster2

Oh look, another electric hypercar with a gazillion horsepower.

Uncool.

3. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

Looks like an anonymous supercar from GTA and lacks any real identity or design standouts. Like many modern "hypercars", it has far more power than it even knows what to do with. I bet the majority of the 150 of these Rimac plans to produce will end up in the hands of uber-wealthy Arab oil moguls.

Seriously Uncool.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  4. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Utterly deranged. Shows that electric can be extreme.

Cool.

Snikle likes this.
  5. Snikle

Snikle

Looks cool enough, and is insane. It's also from Croatia, a place with very little in the way of car companies, and I always like cars from countries without too many car companies (Sweden, Czech Republic, Spain, etc) Cool

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  6. mustafur

mustafur

This is undoubtedly the fastest accelerating Production car on the planet, I feel like it's a bit early to say whether it's cool though as a car like this needs time to build it's legacy.

As of right now I would say Meh.

7. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

It's electric with horrible looking rims and a disgusting interior colour, the body shape looks good though.

Do all these electric supercar put a lot of HP in them just to make up for the fact they are electric?

UNCOOL

8. bremics

bremics

It looks like Koenigsegg and a Tesla banged.

... Meh? I'll have to come back to this lol

9. ZGBox

ZGBox

It's a seriously impressive car, and it doesn't look that bad, but it's just another electric hypercar and I think they are a bit overdone, honestly.
    Meh.

10. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

Cooler than yet another hybrid hypercar with an automated/automatic transmission. Electric > Automatic. As an electric car, its most exceptional stat is its 400-mile range; not bad. AWD torque vectoring is cool, too. It looks great, and the fact that it's a Croatian car is interesting.

On the other hand, it's still a heavy lump of batteries with a car draped over it, requiring seven cooling systems and "a whole lot of 48V pumps and fans" according to R&T. Figuratively and literally uncool. More pertinently, it's also loaded to the brim with all the driver-override technology, sensors, and touchscreens necessary for a fashionable car in 2019. Blegh.

Similar to the Veyron, it is a remarkable technological achievement that impresses mostly with its brutal acceleration, speed, and excessive sophistication, and is Uncool for it. But at least it isn't also an ugly horseshoe crab of a car with a horseshoe-shaped fish mouth, or an automatic transmission mucking up the driving experience. Press the electron pedal and off you go.

11. Joey D

Joey D Premium

Any car that irritates purists is automatically cool because purists are some of the least cool people around.

TS050, SlipZtrEm, FT-1 and 3 others like this.
  12. NotThePrez

NotThePrez

Was getting ready to vote this as uncool until I realized how true this is.

FT-1 and Joey D like this.
  13. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

I was going to vote meh, but then I saw I voted cool already. :lol:

14. kikie

kikie Premium

Simple >>> Cool.

It's gorgeous, it's electric and it is hyper fast.

15. LivingWithGames

LivingWithGames

If it was not eletric, it would have been a Sub-Zero, but the car gets a High Cool from me. The car looks sexy.

16. Wiegert

Wiegert Premium

My brain every time I hear anyone say Rimac incorrectly/99% of the time:

[​IMG]

More generic super car styling with added running shoe attributes is also a fair downgrade from the Concept_One. Uncool.

17. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

So true - I'm pretty sure any electrified sports car or performance cars sold without a manual are cool by default for this reason. ;)

18. eran0004

eran0004

The exterior design is enough to give it “cool”. But it’s got too much power, too much weight, and a rather ugly interior.

And battery cars are not really that good for the environment. I bet ICE supercars are actually better than battery powered ones, since battery cars need a lot of mileage to compensate for increased emissions when building the car, and a supercar is probably not going to be a daily commuter.

So what’s really the point of a battery powered supercar?