GTP Cool Wall: 2020- BMW 4 Series (G22/G82)

• Thread starter Snikle
  • 13 comments

2020- BMW 4 Series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
Poll 1375: 2020- BMW 4 Series (G22/G82) nominated by @GranTurNismo
upload_2021-4-3_20-28-36-png.1002148

Body Style:
2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Engine: 2.0L turbo I4, 2.0L turbodiesel I4, 3.0L turbo I6, 3.0L turbodiesel I6, 3.0L turbo mild-hybrid I6, 3.0L twin-turbo I6
Power: 181-503hp
Torque: 221-516 lb-ft
Weight: 1520-1890kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 8-speed automatic
Drivetrain: front-engine, rear-wheel drive, front-engine, all-wheel drive
Additional Information: M4 is included in this nomination.
bmw-m4-competition-coupe-2020-11.jpg

bmwm4_100.jpg

ogi1-2021-bmw-4-series-038.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2021-bmw-4-series-interior-03.jpg

Tbh, it doesn't look too bad in white, like the main photo. And the M versions make the grille a bit better too by virtue of the cleaner design without the little chrome bits inside. And I think the grilles have grown on me a tad, despite everyone saying they wouldn't. Other than the front the car is pretty good-looking. I guess I'll hit it with a "meh," but a high one. Maybe in a few years I'll enjoy the look more, who knows.

The front of this BMW is horrid with the center grill design. However, and in a surreal sense... it's growing on me. It isn't generic and still is a plenty capable BMW. Therefore, I am going to call Cool for this car. If this was a hot as the M8 Competition in overall appearance, maybe I'll go Sub-Zero.

This is one of the few BMW's that I dislike. In this case, it's only the front. The rear isn't that bad, and it looks great in that kind of green/yellow, with black rims. Meh.

I used to like the newer BMWs and then this one came, with this grille but kudos for trying something different i guess.
Uncool

I'm confident that it's an extremely capable vehicle, but I just cannot get past that front end. It's just too much of a distraction from the rest of the car imo, and not in a good way. Uncool for sure.

Also, is it me, or is the new 4-Series huge? I saw one in the flesh not to long ago, and while I'm not 100% certain, it looked like it had a similar overall size to some of the older 6-Series, which by no means is a small car.

Last edited:
The main point of awfulness isn't even the grille. It's the cynical stylistic reason that the grille is there for. Since they didn't bother making it look like a BMW at all, they had to make sure you knew from the front that it was the most BMW BMW that ever BMW so you don't see it at a glance and think it's a coupe version of a decade old Japanese sedan.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for BMW fanboys but this BMW is uncool maybe even seriously uncool.

• I don't like the looks of this BMW
  • Yesterday afternoon I saw a brand new BMW M4. I didn't see the driver but it probably was some kind of :ouch: driver. He or she was revving the engine even though the car was standing still. Every time (approaching a crossroad behind other cars) he or she was accelerating as fast as possible making as much noise as possible. I hate those people. :mad:
  • I just don't like BMW anymore. I used to like a few models.

Last edited:
Back