2020- Ford Mustang Mach E

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
2020- Ford Mustang Mach E nominated by @All Your Base

Body Style: 4-door crossover
Engine: 1 or 2 AC synchronous electric motors
Power: 255 HP (75.7 kWh battery), 282 HP (rear-motor 98.8 kWh battery), 332 HP (dual-motor 98.8 kWh battery), 459 HP (GT Performance)
Torque: 312 lb-ft (75.7 kWh battery), 417 lb-ft (dual-motor 98.8 kWh battery), 612 lb-ft (GT Performance)
Weight: TBD
Transmission: 1-speed direct drive CVT
Drivetrain: Rear-engine, rear-wheel drive; dual motor, all-wheel drive

Seriously Uncool. Do I even need to explain?

Oh, and even if it wasn't called "Mustang", I'd still vote SU. It's a symbol of everything wrong with today's mainstream EVs. It's blob-ish, bloated, and painstakingly boring. I can't think of one redeeming feature about this car, I really can't. The best I can come up with is, it's a Model Y with some Mustang characteristics tacked onto it.

I feel as though that there are enough electric/hybrid sports cars where I think a hybrid or electric Mustang option would make sense if done properly.

That being said, making what has historically been a sports car, and turning it into an SUV is far from a logical progression of the model. Mitsubishi committed this same exact sin by making the Eclipse a crossover SUV. If they wanted to call this a Ford Escape, cool, that would make sense to me. If they wanted to keep the Escape as a separate thing and wanted to call this thing a Ford Bronco, I'd be game with that too, because at least both the Escape and Bronco nameplates belong to vehicles that have historically been SUVs. They can definitely take styling cues from the Mustang as long as they don't call it that. While I found it funny how the brand new Chevy Blazer looks like a Camaro SUV, I think it was a smart move on GM's part to slap on a nameplate that has been an SUV instead of just calling it the new Camaro.

I wonder if this will even sell. Part of me is wondering that if they decide to keep it, are they going to keep calling it a Mustang or call it something else, like how the 2005-2007 Ford Five Hundred/Mercury Montego becoming the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable respectively after those names didn't sell.

Of course, I think it'd be fun if they renamed this thing the Pinto and had everyone worried how an electric car was going to explode. Especially considering that an electric car catching fire is apparently nothing new.

Seriously Uncool

Cars that irritate purists are typically cool, but this is just so uninspiring and bland that it's uncool. Also trying to make it look like a Mustang was a rather poor design decision too, it just doesn't work.

A sporty, electric crossover would be fine and even probably a good idea, but this? This is awful.

I do like this car and I can see why Ford gave this the Mustang badge. However, that is such a sellout move and that cannot be considered cool in my books. (Uncool)

I don't hate it, certainly as much as quite a few people in this thread, and I think it looks pretty good for a crossover, especially in GT form.

I do however see the reason why so many people despise it. I just don't.

Still Uncool though. It making purists so mad elevates it from being Seriously so.

I am unsure if its meh or uncool. I personally dont hate it so much. I dont think it's all that bad looking. Much better looking intact, than what Tesla is offering. But the name. Make an electric mustang, make an electric escape, dont make an electric escape named mustang.... ehh, uncool.

Back