GMA-T50.jpg

Body Style: 2dr Coupe
Engine: 4.0L Cosworth GMA V12
Power: 654 hp
Torque: 344 lb-ft
Weight: 986 kg
Transmission: 6-speed Xtrac H-pattern manual
Drivetrain: MR
Additional Info: Sucessor to the McLaren F1, also uses its seating arrangement - 40cm fan in the back of the car to increase ground effects
GMD_033-1-1280x720.jpg

gordon-murray-automotive-t-50-101-1575987695.jpg

t.50_-_embargoed_to_4_aug_1700bst_-_001.jpg

roa090120fea-gordonmurray-2-1596219971.jpg

Last edited:
So this is the real evolution of the F1?

I love it. The mechanical features are certainly wonderful, just like the original F1, but it is not as gorgeous as his "father".

Still, it's pretty enough for me.

Cool.

Sub Zero if it’s actually going to exist, Seriously Uncool if it’s just vaporware.

Gonna settle with Meh for now.

Last edited:
The aerodynamics around the front wings and doors detract a bit but nether the less an attractive car. The fact that it weighs less than a tonne and is shorter than any water cooled 911 makes it SZ in my geeky mind (not sure that translate to cool in the real world though)

The McLaren F1 is my all-time favorite car. This this car being its successor, I am certainly inclined on calling Sub-Zero on this car. It would be great seeing a racing version of this car and have it compete in a number of events. Also, it could be possible a racing variant of this car could do the one thing I think is its biggest accomplishment- winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans outright (1995).

Anyhow- I'm calling Sub-Zero.

Ask me in 2022 when the production models are actually out. Presuming the funding doesn't dry up before then, that is (hopefully enough billionaire collectors bit at the "one make racing model" carrot they've been dangling).

I keep reading it as Gordon Ramsay automotive, LOL. Bloody hell!

I say it's cool, one of the few modern supercars to not be uncool or SU. Largely because not only is it stylish and not overly fussy looking, but it is a proper, driver-oriented car that will be mostly bought by enthusiasts rather than overpaid athletes, celebs, and rappers.

Last edited:
That's the prototype being polled so I don't really want to give it a rating right now. We'll see how it goes once the production model is out on the streets (or gets put into some rich dude's garage never to be touched again).

I wish in a little bit of alternate history that Gordon Murray went to McLaren with this design instead of making an entirely new manufacturer just for one car. I can totally see them being down to build something like this seeing as they like making a new model seemingly every month. Then we could have had a second-generation F1 instead of this T.50 nameplate. I don't know about you but I think ol' Gord could have come up with a better name than T.50.

Aside from that, I actually am kind of mixed on the styling of the prototype. It doesn't work for me from all angles and the F1 is just the all-around better looking car.

That's the prototype being polled so I don't really want to give it a rating right now. We'll see how it goes once the production model is out on the streets (or gets put into some rich dude's garage never to be touched again).

👍

I wish in a little bit of alternate history that Gordon Murray went to McLaren with this design instead of making an entirely new manufacturer just for one car. I can totally see them being down to build something like this seeing as they like making a new model seemingly every month. Then we could have had a second-generation F1 instead of this T.50 nameplate. I don't know about you but I think ol' Gord could have come up with a better name than T.50.

He has already done other stuff as GMA, mostly the T.25 city car and the innovative production process behind it. I never thought 'F1' was an especially great name for a road car that shared nothing in particular with an F1 car.

Aside from that, I actually am kind of mixed on the styling of the prototype. It doesn't work for me from all angles and the F1 is just the all-around better looking car.

Like with the F1, function over form. I'm okay with that.

Back