2023 Cadillac Escalade V Sports Aggressive Design in New Photos
Body Style: 5-door sport utility vehicle
Engine: 6.2L supercharged V8
Power: 682hp
Torque: 653 lb-ft
Weight: 2640kg
Transmission: 10-speed automatic
Drivetrain: front-engine, all-wheel drive
Additional Information: Cadillac's most expensive and powerful vehicle ever. It is also the most powerful SUV currently on the market. Has a 0-60 time of 4.3 seconds. Starting price of $149,990.
escalade-v-inline-B-1.jpg

2023_cadillac_escalade-v_group_fe_51122_1600.jpg

gjizmmgs1ke81.jpg

2023-cadillac-escalade-v-003.jpg

Absolutely insane. Insanity can be cool, and the making of insane things is always fun to behold. It's hard to call this cool, just because it's a massive and wasteful SUV, possibly one of the most massive and wasteful ever built... but then again it's a 700 horsepower beast with (I think) much better looks than the normal Escalade trims. I'll give it a low cool, I won't deny my feelings here.

This is going to become the official vehicle of "influencers" and people that are famous for the sake of being famous.

At that price I could buy a new Challlenger R/T , Mustang GT and Camaro SS trimmed how I would want them and still have a few bucks left for gas.

Seriously Uncool just because of that

This is going to become the official vehicle of "influencers" and people that are famous for the sake of being famous.
"Going to?"

I feel like we were at that point for this car in probably... 2003? 2004?

The only way this could possibly have been cool is if they put the Blackwing engine in it; but of course Cadillac wouldn't want to cut in on their probably 50% profit margin on this to do something like make an actually-premium flagship vehicle.

Last edited:
I've honestly never cared for Cadillac. Only few Cadillacs have actually piqued my interest. This one is NOT one of them. So these factors are going to tie into my call for this Escalade. I don't mind SUVs; and even though this is a true SUV (as opposed to a crossover), I still never found any intrigue or interest in the Escalade unless I want a full-size SUV from Cadillac. Instead, I'd rather the Chevrolet Suburban or the GME Yukon. Both of which MUCH better styled than this Escalade. Let me know when Escalades are actually COOL. Until then, Seriously Uncool. By the way, if I wanted a posh luxury SUV, give me a Land Rover Range Rover HSV, or without breaking the bank, a Land Rover Range Rover Evoque.

I... wow.
This is one of the times in which I can't decide if it's SZ because it's insane and I love stupid cars like this, or SU because it's obscene.
Uh... I'll go for Meh, I guess?

Can it go offroading though? And by offroading, I don't only mean driving on flat gravel surfaces like journalists do for car magz. I'm talking about rock crawling, at least. If not, then it's a 👎 from me.

Therefore, uncool.

Last edited:
Not impressed that it's not OVER 700hp.
Why not 1000hp? I mean, if these are the the last of the petrol big vehicles, go all the way out. Give it an optional removable rear canopy or Canvas top. Something.

If this vehicle had come out 15-20 years ago, I would have tipped my hat to it. There wasn't anything like it which didn't have "LM002" in its name.

In the second quartile of the twenty-first century, with more than half the vehicular landscape cluttered with these terrible lizards, this is just another pug-nosed mobile living room which happens to have a lot of power. There's no more visual wattage to stand out for that sort of exclusive price tag, because it's just a blank sheet cake, but it has to contain all the icing that comes with most of todays Cadillacs.

Those fortunate enough to slug it around are probably thinking "eat me" half the time to those merely traveling a few stitches over the speed limit in a non-passing lane, or at those mortals for graciously taking a single parking space, if they're not idling it in front of some open-air lifestyle center while fumigating the rest of us who managed to walk the short distance.

It's probably the last of a generation of big American overpowered ICE-powered vehicles but it just seems to pander, rather than surprise. It's there to impress instead of shock. It's a paradoxically expensive safe bet with even odds instead of a long shot. It goes big and goes home, but good luck fitting it into your garage.

Last edited:
Not impressed that it's not OVER 700hp.
Why not 1000hp? I mean, if these are the the last of the petrol big vehicles, go all the way out. Give it an optional removable rear canopy or Canvas top. Something.
This is pretty close.

Back