2022- GMC Hummer EV

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
Poll 1310: 2022- GMC Hummer EV nominated by @ThrasherDBS
2020-hummer-ev-reveal-infinityroof-013-GMC-Hummer-BT1XX-FN-RoofOFF-v1-0.jpg

Body Style: 4dr pickup
Engine: 2-motor EV (EV2), 3-motor EV (EV2X, EV3X, First ed.)
Power: 625 hp (EV2), 800 hp (EV2X), 1000 hp (EV3X, First ed.)
Torque: 1000-1100 lb-ft (estimated), 11,500 lb-ft (claimed by GM, but multiplied by gear ratios)
weight: N/A, but obviously large
Drivetrain: RWD (EV2), AWD (all others)
2022-gmc-hummer-ev.jpg

2020-hummer-ev-reveal-extractmode-posterframe.jpg

(watch those wheel arches rise!)
2020-hummer-ev-reveal-social-share.jpg

2020-hummer-ev-reveal-interior1-my23-bt1-hummer-sut-a2a-drv-001-jpg-v1-0.jpg

Last edited:
I surprisingly don't hate it. Still not higher than a Meh, but that's more due to the cost and such. I actually find the looks to be good.

I think there is a definite cool factor. Any real Hummer can conquer the off-road and couldn't care less doing so. We know only so much about this new-age Hummer. It is an awesome machine for what we know, but I don't think it's Sub-Zero. So I'm giving a very strong Cool to this Hummer.

On the plus side, I quite like the looks, doesn't look weird like a lot of EV's do. Plus it should be pretty good off road.

On the minus side, it's still an EV.

Balances out to Meh

Normally I'd say "ask me when it's actually in production", but it's pretty much a sure thing that this will exist and will be almost identical what we've seen so far.

That said, I'm going to go with low Cool (but very low, as in a micrometer over Meh). I appreciate the concept, the technology and the fact that it has actual off-road utility, but... let's be honest. This is aimed squarely at the type of person who thinks "do you know how much I make" is a valid argument for why they're a more important human being than you, and it'll probably be the exclusive domain of Karen and the Bro-dozers*. The three former points only barely outweigh my scorn for the latter.

*I hereby claim "Karen and the Bro-dozers" as my early 2000's alt-rock band name.

I’m giving it SU because this was most likely the thought process behind creating it:

“Hey guys, it’s GM! We know the Hummer brand was a colossal waste and the vehicles were terrible for the environment, so it’s an EV now! Isn’t that swell? Now please come buy our $100,000 electric truck.”

Last edited:
Hummer should be a Diesel-powered middle-finger to the Eco-industry.

Not this.

This is a marketing nut-job.

Should be lower than SU.

2020-hummer-ev-reveal-interior1-my23-bt1-hummer-sut-a2a-drv-001-jpg-v1-0.jpg

[/SPOILER]​
Ah so that's where my computer monitor went :lol:

This looks like it has good offroad potential, but we'll see how it does in the general market.

Low cool

Last edited:
I really can't make up my mind whether it is so ridiculous its cool or so ridiculous its uncool. I don't think it deserves a Meh.

Last edited:
Having trouble deciding exactly what branch of douche-bag would be seen driving this. SU.

Back