GTP Cool Wall: 9ff GT9-R. Voting Closed

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 59 comments

9ff GT9-R

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cool, numbers, sound and looks (not this one with the wing and decals) give it a cool. Only minuses for me are wing, decals and lag. Make it like the normal 9ff GT9 and add anti lag then it would be sub zero.

It would look a lot better if it was one solid color and didn't have all those graphics on it.

Seriously uncool.
I abhor Porsches to begin with, and this lump of horrifyingly ugly wasted metal and carbon fiber should be melted down and turned into a normal 911 turbo, and the rest be installed on some ricer's car. Seriously. I think I'd prefer to drive it as well.

I can't believe it... I voted seriously uncool.

Hmmm... why?

They improved the 911...

They moved the engine to the middle, where it belongs... removing the vestigial rear seats.

They improved the suspension.

They increased the power.

They chopped it, giving it better aerodynamics.

They gave it the ability to hit ludicrous speed in a single bound.

But...

I really don't like it.

Oh, well...

NO NO NO NO!!! This is sooo uncool!!!

I don't like the design, the mod is like a... race car for everyday driving??? No it's just not my choice and so as everyone elses choice...

No thing to say left, just uncool...

I knew we'd get some votes based on purely performance, go pick up a girl throwing off torque and power figures, she'll think you're a complete tool and only go with you to gold dig if you have a car like this. More reason for seriously uncool. I sense this is another car which power corrupts the rest of the experience anyway, they had a 9ff on Top Gears Germany V UK thing on the latest series, and the 9ff got absolutely pasted in a 1/4 mile drag race by an Atom.

Not only by the Atom... the Murcie and the Vette beat it by a good margin too... even the Evo wasn't that far behind.

1,000bhp my arse.

Seriously uncool, just like any of these other modified Porsches, the standard car is uncool enough as it is without going and sticking a load of extra bits onto it...

The Atom is uncool and a very unfair comparison for the type of car that the GT9 is. Its unfair for any track comparison, especially more acceleration based (0-100mph) ones, because its hardly a car. Technicalities define the Atom as a car, that's how lame it is. Why Top Gear keeps bringing it up is beyond me... Also that entire drag race was obviously BS, as is much of Top Gear's coverage, IMO.

The GT9 is still very uncool. It is a complete cheap shot to the Bugatti Veyron and I hate it. :mad:🤬👎👎

Technicalities define the Atom as a car, that's how lame it is.

What technicalities would these be?

It conforms to every single regulation regarding private cars used on public roads. Where it differs from most other cars is that it barely does anything more than that.

Check the Trading Post here - my brother is selling his 3 year old example and has covered twenty one thousand miles in it. It's a car. Deal with it.

Oh, this is the part where everything I say gets quoted and flamed! ha! not going for it... digest my POV however, ducking out of this one :-/

Oh, this is the part where everything I say gets quoted and flamed! ha! not going for it... digest my POV however, ducking out of this one :-/

OK so you are happy to state a position, but not able to actually argue it.

Well done.

:dunce:

Scaff

Answer the question posed then.

You state that the Atom is only a car because of some "technicalities". I'd like to know what those technicalities are. You ignored my post completely and answered Jondot's instead. I have to wonder why that is.

Not only by the Atom... the Murcie and the Vette beat it by a good margin too... even the Evo wasn't that far behind.

1,000bhp my arse.

Channelling 1,000 horses through a pair of street tires is much like trying to light a birthday candle with a blowtorch. Technically, it can be done, but in reality, it's difficult, messy and bound to land someone in the hospital.

That's why the rest of us use lighters.

Ouch, I looked at the front and voted Cool

...then I looked at the back

:banghead:

you will photoshop a piano falling on it accidentally? :lol:

I hadn't thought of that but that very well could be the case now :lol:.

I think this is the first car we've had that doesn't follow a bell shaped curve, interesting.

Rather a big vary of votes, but I fail to see this thing's uncoolness. Sub-Zero for me. I still prefer something like the Audi V8 though...

Back