GTP Cool Wall : Aston Martin DB9 VOTE!

DB9

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sub-zero because Top Gear keep it in a special fridge. :P Because they think it is too cool. And trust me on this, IT IS.

Oh I hope that's irony being displayed there.

Whilst it is gorgeous, and makes a beautiful noise, it's not cool any more. And it's not cool for the same reason that the Mini isn't cool. People buy them because they think that since the DB9 is perceived as being cool, then if they have one, they will be too. Thus completely devaluing the whole car. In short, I suspect that more than half of DB9 buyers are buying them because of what they think it says about them rather than because they really love it for itself.

Plus, there are too many of them about. I see at least three a week. I see them more than I see 911s.

Uncool.

Plus, there are too many of them about. I see at least three a week. I see them more than I see 911s.

Seriously? I'm coming up to where you live then. I haven't seen a DB9 round me for over 2 years. And that includes the holiday when I went to just outside Aston HQ and I still didn't see one. Only times I've seen DB9's are at motoring shows, and even still last time a DB9 was at a motoring show I went to was in 2006.

More Veyrons than Continental GTs?

No. :) Continental GTs not as prevalent as they used to be. Never seen a Veyron.

Edinburgh's wealth is often underestimated. There are a lot of expensive cars around here.

I'm voting cool as apposed to Sub Zero (which interestingly evened the vote) it's a great looking car but it just isn't as outstanding in my eyes as alot of people think.

Whilst it is gorgeous, and makes a beautiful noise, it's not cool any more. And it's not cool for the same reason that the Mini isn't cool. People buy them because they think that since the DB9 is perceived as being cool, then if they have one, they will be too. Thus completely devaluing the whole car. In short, I suspect that more than half of DB9 buyers are buying them because of what they think it says about them rather than because they really love it for itself.

My thoughts summed up exactly 👍

Back