GTP Cool Wall - Leyat Helica

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 50 comments

Leyat Helica

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh c'mon. Imagine picking up a date in this thing. Her hair would be all messed up, she'd be pissed...it wouldn't be a good night.

Cool. Given that you'll never see one on the road it transcends simply being completely daft and turns into the sort of awesome oddity that you spend ages pouring over at a car show. And when there's so much to look at at car shows, something genuinely different that sticks in your mind afterwards is definitely cool.

Only avoids being Sub-Z because it can't actually fly...

but then it'd just be an aeroplane.

However, you've given me a damn good idea for the next nomination...Something that popped up in "sport Avation" during the '90s. I forget what it was...

EDIT: the Taylor "Aerocar." *must keep that in mind...*

Pure insanity and awesomeness. Quite fast for the time as well, its top speed as tested in 1927 was 106mph. Needless to say, I voted it Sub-Zero, :lol:, but I WAS surprised how many other sub-zero votes it got as well.

Or an idea so stupid it deserves locking up in a padded room.

And that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler than any sleeper :lol:.

Oh c'mon. Imagine picking up a date in this thing. Her hair would be all messed up, she'd be pissed...it wouldn't be a good night.

No, she'd say you almost made her "fly", quite literally :lol:. And she would like all that extra atention.

Sub zero. Give one to Jay Leno and he'll fit a 1710ci RR Merlin into it. then it WILL fly.

That should be "Beyond the solar system cool" :drool:.

Sub-Zero just isn't enough. The fun one could would have with such a thing, without ever moving! 👍

I've never seen such a monstrocity in my life and...IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!. You get run over by that and you are done!

It's amazing to see what people were coming up with even though the car was created almost 50 years earlier. SUB-ZERO

Face it guys, that machine would be so fun to drive. It's very different and it looks like a good concept. Not regular car type of concept but by the tinkering type of concept.

SUB-ZERO

I'd never get bored of throwing carrots at it.

If you're reading this Mrs Famine, I've got a few ideas about christmas presents for the hubbie.

Apart from looking like an extra from a Georges Méliès film, it's a vintage car so automatically seriously uncool. You just can't drive a vintage car without looking a pillock.

I'd like to agree with the above man. Particularly when said vintage car has a Carlton desk fan stuck on the front.

Apart from looking like an extra from a Georges Méliès film, it's a vintage car so automatically seriously uncool. You just can't drive a vintage car without looking a pillock.
Agreed. Vintage cars are for vintage people, and the only people who think it's cool is other vintage people. The car is wild and different, but not a good wild and different. Seriously uncool.

Just the insanity of it means subzero

And just think, it's got a trunk to store the dead bodies, AND a propeller to properly dispose of said bodies!

What.
The.
Hell.

That has to be one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Sub-Zero.

Sub-Zero.

It's a car that has airplane propulsion. A sort of precursor to modern jet and rocket cars.

Useless on road but so unique it can't not be sub-zero.

Back