GTP Cool Wall P.O.: The Wall and The Votes.

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 2 comments

Cool Wall and Voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Texas
Welcome to this GTPlanet Cool Wall Public Opinion Poll.

This one is the most important of the three initial P.O. polls, as it is essential to the Cool Wall's operation. Now note that at any point, I could have dictated any changes I wanted to because I am in control, but in the end it would only have served to ban me from GTP for being a massive 🤬. No, I recognize this Cool Wall for what it is, and that is an entity selected from and debated for and by the public, in this case the members of GTPlanet specifically. This means that while I can make suggestions, layout plans, and setup whatever I can, it is all moot without member input. The primary input for our Cool Wall is the individual voting, but I felt that there could be more. That's where these Public Opinion polls have come in, even if they are lacking some.

The first two P.O. polls, however, are just me trying to be courteous to GTP members who want to have a say. They were also straightforward enough, apparently, that debate isn't an issue. This, however, MUST be discussed.

The Cool Wall right now (May 15th, 2013):
The Cool Wall has four set sections, arranged top to bottom(or obvious reasons) Sub-Zero, Cool, Uncool, and Seriously Uncool. A fifth section, dubbed Lord Kelvin's Ice Box, sits above Sub-Zero and is as of now, subject. There is no set precedent for the cars in this section, nor why the Miura supercedes even this elite section. This is where the voting problem comes in.

There have been 4-5 voting options, the previous Wallmaster TheBook adding a "Meh" section for those who felt little to no feelings to either side. The first problem is that the final ruling comes from majority rule, and while cars like the Miura, Cobra 427, 300SL, etc. have no issues, a lot do. Arguments exist due to the majority only having a slim lead, sometimes one vote, over any other, and sometimes extend to the fact that the majority vote may be swamped by combining the two opposing forces(think positive vs. negative).

After thinking it over, I'm surprised that no one has said anything against the Ice Box cars or the Miura being where they are given the system. General acceptance, perhaps, but if the Wall continues this way, a car will be placed beyond Sub-Zero and hell will break loose, and with my luck it'll be the first entry I make for the wall(no spoilers yet.) As such, if the wall is kept as it is now with the majority rule in tow, Lord Kelvin will need to find somewhere else for his ice box and the Miura will be brought back to earth.

New Cool Wall Proposal
I don't wan't to throw out the ice box. I think it is an integral part of the wall. It does need balance, though. What I propose is a modified Cool Wall, one geared more toward a public sentience as opposed to two oafs and that's it.

Here is what I am proposing:
  • First, the four permanent sections will become five. The resulting main wall will consist of Sub-Zero>Cool>"Wastelands">Uncool>Seriously Uncool. Cars designated for the unofficially named "Wastelands" are those that cannot be agreed upon, being pulled equally to either side.
  • Two additional sections added to either end of the main section. One will be the Ice Box, placed above Sub-Zero as it is now. The other, for now reffered to as either the "Dungeon" or "Outhouse", will be placed below Seriously Uncool. While it has no current use, merely existing may give some pause for thought as to how truly horrid the car really is.
  • Finally, two more sections. These will represent the two polar extremes, one for the beloved and one for the detested. Again as they are new, I have referred to them as "Heaven" and "Hell". These are merely descriptive tewms in this case, and I mean no offence to anyone. "Heaven" has one occupant, the Miura, and "Hell" is empty for now.
I thought about drawing a picture, as I'm now aware of basic photoworks on the internet, but MS Paint might not be easy on the eyes. I will make one if asked, however.

Now you have seen the wall, and while some of you may like it, you may be confused why I added the extra sections to this one if I was going to remove them from the current iteration(if you choose to leave it alone). Well, after some thinking, some evaluation, trial and error, and conversing with TheBook on the subject, this wall comes in a package deal, bundled with a new placement system.

Stop trying to reach through the screen, you wouldn't reach my neck anyway. Let me explain the system.

Currently, five options register votes, and the car is placed depending on which of the four standing wall sections has the majority, effectively making the "meh" option a "No vote/no opinion" equivalent. It was fine initially, but this is 4-5 years on now and to put it bluntly, it doesn't work anymore.

The new system won't make everyone happy either, but it should at least recieve recognition, willingly or begrudgingly. It's convoluted, overplanned, and completely unnessisary, but it can work. If you want to see it, I'll edit it in later. Things have hit the fan IRL.

Personal Edit: Damn this Texas spring weather. From March to June is an insurance adjuster's wet dream. Fist sized hail, in a small storm cell, with surrounding tornados.

Last edited:
:grumpy::banghead::grumpy:

SO! 5 on 5.

If you want the wall to remain, then, give me a really good reason that I can't rebuttle. Otherwise, the wall changes.

Back