GTP Cool Wall: Renault Espace F1

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 64 comments

Renault Espace F1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe the grilles/gills under the door handles on the front doors are air intakes for the engine. There is also a tunnel under the front end behind the front grille opening. The air box is sealed when driving, it's opened for the photo's.

This is from memory of a article I read years ago so, I may be all backwards here. I'm sure someone will correct me.:dopey:

Hard to tell from the picture, but the air intakes on the roof might been for the engine. As for the back seat passengers lungs exploding by the engine, not a bad way to go out with the sound you hear.

Mr. Panoz lives really close to me haha... Do you like his company?

But what would be the point of having a car which is used to ferry usually children around to school with an engine which is going to rendered useless. Why would you put an 800hp V10 in a Renault Espace?

Think of it like this. When you're a kid, you look up to supercars; Ferrari, Lamborghini etc. Yes. Who has ever looked up to that when they were a kid?

The same reason Ford made the Supervans in the '70's,'80's and '90's - Promotion. It's why Nissan got RML to make the mid-engined 350z engined Micra and the Juke GT-R. It's just a bit of fun with no practical application.

It's basically saying 'The Renault Espace, brought to you by the same people who make world championship winning engines'

It's not done to impress kids. Kids don't buy cars.

Roo
It needs the wings, otherwise it's got F1 power without any downforce. The wings aren't just for show.

I recognize the wings aren't just for show, but it's not like the Espace could use all the power anyways in it's current configuration. I think a smaller, more discrete wing and using other more subtle aero devices elsewhere would have compensated for a majority of the wing's effects without making the van look like some knob that only shops at Walmart got their hands on it and tried to make it "cool"

Roo
In terms of seats:

renaultespacef12.jpg

I want the full 7 bottoms experience.

But what would be the point of having a car which is used to ferry usually children around to school with an engine which is going to rendered useless. Why would you put an 800hp V10 in a Renault Espace?

Think of it like this. When you're a kid, you look up to supercars; Ferrari, Lamborghini etc. Yes. Who has ever looked up to that when they were a kid?

I would have had loved something like a Espace F1. I was never a big fan of modern Ferraris and Lamborghinis anyways.

Ooooh boy. This may not go well....

Results time: In the case of the Renault Espace F1, the voting members of GTPlanet have voted in majority of Sub Zero. However, I may go find a hole to hide in as by the numbers, the final placement is merely Cool.

Back