GTP Cool Wall - Subaru Legacy RS type-RA BC5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tornado
  • 19 comments
  • 9,401 views

Subaru Legacy RS type-RA

  • Sub-Zero

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Cool

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Uncool

    Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Seriously Uncool

    Votes: 9 15.3%

  • Total voters
    59
  • Poll closed .
Messages
41,187
** 1989-1993 Subaru Legacy RS type-RA (BC5) suggested by slidesquad#1 **
ext31.jpg


Specs:
Engines - 1994cc DOHC 16-valve turbocharged and intercooled Boxer4.
Layout - 4WD
Transmission - 5-speed manual
Power - 217 HP @ 6400 RPM
Torque - 199 lb-ft @ 4000 RPM
Curb weight - 2838 lb
Zero to 60 mph - ?
Standing 1/4-mile - ?
Price - The 1989 yen equivalent of $18,800
​
 
This car doesn't really catch my interest because I see them pretty much all the time. It's just another face in the crowd of automobiles.

UNCOOL
 
Cool. The original Colin McRae Subaru homologation spec car.
 
The Impreza WRX's daddy. The car that took Possum Bourne to runner-up in the WRC aswell as multiple ARC titles. The car that started the boxer rumble craze.

SUB-ZERO!! Almost ABSOLUTE ZERO!!! :cool:
 
Has a name made of more than 50% alphabet soup, not sold in the states, looks like a brick, Pales in comparison to later WRX models...

attracts the same crowd as later WRX models, probably...

and, ultimately, I don't care a whit about it.

Uncool.
 
This is the standard WRX car, however what it can be isn't what we are voting on.

This car is plain and boring, I seriously wouldn't even want to be seen in one.

-Seriously Uncool.
 
This car is plain and boring, I seriously wouldn't even want to be seen in one.

Uncool.

Exactly my thoughts but just uncool, it doesn't get a seriously uncool from me.
 
Has a name made of more than 50% alphabet soup, not sold in the states, looks like a brick, Pales in comparison to later WRX models...

attracts the same crowd as later WRX models, probably...

and, ultimately, I don't care a whit about it.

Uncool.

This after knowing. Before knowing:

"What the hell is this car?"

Seriously Uncool.
 
Its cool cuz it once was a great rallycar + colin mcrae drove the rothmans legacy.
Colin_McRae_Manx_91.jpg
 
Well that would be great, if that was the exact car we were voting on...

...we're talking about the civilian version here. The rally car itself is actually cool. The other one, isn't
 
I'm sorry. I am so, so sorry.

Seriously Uncool.

To give a sense of how stupid unstylish this fabulous car is, have a look at that Accord estate back there. Looks like a spaceship in comparison.
 
If it was one from the last 5 years it'd be cool but not this one.
 
It's a Subaru, one that spawned a great rally car I might add. To me, immediately Cool. 'Nuff said.
 
Uncool

Just a plain Jane Subie to me with a little kick in the engine compartment,nothing to get excited about.
 
It's the original Subaru Rally Car.

Cool. End of argument.
 
By my books: Cool (5 pros, 2 cons = 5 out of 7 = 71.5% = Cool).

But it's...let's say an "Odd Beauty"...nevermind it's ugly.
 
Subaru = 👍
Boxer 4 = 👍
T-Charged/ AWD = 👍

Cool car, not by looking at it though, just speaking mechanically.
Tear down a dirt road, see why :lol: I've reciently gained SERIOUS respect for Subaru street cars in the dirt, I almost don't want a truck anymore... I could probably kill myself with a Subaru off road. Cool e-nuff!

80Mph+ on a gravel road in a awd turbo boxer 4 = as good as it gets!
 
Back