GTP D1GP S3 : Round 1 (Results Up)

United Kingdom
West Sussex
TheKoukiMonster
d1gppkh0.png

Welcome to the first round of the Gran Turismo Plant D1 Grand Prix, this week we are visiting Midfield Raceway.

d1gp2le9.png

competitiorshl8.png

d1gp3pn7.png

• Everyone picks a car to use through out the competition.
• Tuning CAN be changed per different course section.
• Season will last 5 weeks, 5 different sections.
• Entrants will have one week to enter an uploaded video to
http://www.youtube.com, sent to me *SammiTougeGirl* by PM.
• The videos will then be posted up, so 3 indipendant judges can score each one.
• Cars will be locked after the first event YOU participate in.
• You can get a max of 20 points per week.
• First place will earn you 20 points, second will earn you 16, third will
get 12, fourth will get 8, fifth will get 4 and 6th and beyond will get a single point.
• At the end of the comp the person with the most points will be
crowned The GTPD1GP Champion.
• Track/section will be stated each Monday
• You have 1 week to do your run.
• Don't be a thread Nazi with spam, or YOUR video.
• Video editing etc. is allowed, but you need to show your tires and
power, and then your run. Your run needs to be on the FIRST lap, so we get
the same angles for EVERY car. NO chase cam, the other one.
• Not following the rules can get you removed from the competition
for that week, with a minus 1 point per violation, this will be for constant
complaining, "put downs", double posting/posting your entry video in this
thread ETC...

CAR RESTRICTIONS
• Road cars only, no race or D1GP cars allowed
• No changing your actual car, only rims, wing and setup
(Power/modifications/settings) may be changed
• Tires : Radials only(N)
• Power: NO RESTRICTIONS​

d1gp4bj2.png

midfield2rl5.png

d1gp5km6.png

Entries must be in by 11:59pm on Sunday 5th.

Have fun.:)

I know, it's just that I figured my little hatchback didn't have the power to get around that first corner consistenly.

i still don't have better than a backup run : hope i ' ll be able to get something for sunday :nervous:

i have this made a few weeks back for a comp we tried to create on GTchallenge.net : it' s not much but it's been nice to do ( i love playing with myself :dunce: :lol: )

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-668462609104863334

The idea was simply to send each other' s replays by maxdrive but the competition stayed unborn because of not enough people with maxdrive around...

Man, that first turn is a speed killer... Man, i'm getting raped. The second one isent to bad, but I cant get the whole first... hah

Really , really hard . I did it (actually it was my brother) ,and I thought it will be bad for this round ,so I didn't post the video,
in my opinion the supra dude was the best one.

its not that hard, throttle consistancy is all it takes... for example, that was only my second or third pass, i felt it was a clean Line so i went with it... theres a couple decent runs up there.

Wow, I have to rethink my lines, or maybe its because I forgot to link up the first and second corners, anyway I think GeeTown takes this round with that bada$$ Mustang.

lol my miata was sliding the whole time though the smoke line disappeared. i should've recorded the audio :indiff: but gj guys! i didn't think this spot was hard :nervous: sorry guys:crazy:

and GEETOWN, you sly dog, you never cease to amaze me 👍

Scores are in.

Observation: Just about everyone went wide and missed the first sweeper apex... A clipping point is a terrible thing to waste ;)

I agree with you on that one Ske. But it's understandable considering the following corner. :)

I still think there should be a clipping point, where you choose to apex would be based on how you want to exit. For this section, there are a number of good options in my opinion.

Just trying to give constructive criticism here ;)

And I think as the judges for this comp we should do MORE of that. To help the contestants and other understand what we'd like to see and above that, how to get better. :)

I always add a short commentary to my scores when sending them, if the contestants would be interested I'd post them here... or I could make some general comments. Both this round and round 2 had the same issues in just about every entry, so I think a general post might be the thing to do.

Something I suggested earlier as well, is to describe the preferred line(s) when launching the competition... this would give the contestants something specific to aim for, and hopefully lead to a bit more understanding and appreciation for lines in the process. For me, the essence of good drifting is hitting the right clipping points while maintaing a drift all the way... angle comes second to that.

Most sections have a few desired "checkpoints"... so for this section, here's what it could look like:

6gxld14.jpg

1: Enter early, fast and wide. You could for example start a feint around the "Start" marker.
2: Touch the inside somewhere around A (I like to apex a bit late here)
3: Get as close as you can to outside at B
4: Hit apex C
5: Touch rumble strip D (suggested)
6: Hit apex E
7: Exit as close as possible to the outside rumble strip. Extend the drift as far as you can.

Added comment: Of course people are allowed to choose different lines, but the point of it is to understand how to make the run "come together" with more impact. For this section, you can really get some angle from start to A, from B through D, and near the exit (in powerful cars). The bits between A-B and D-E require a bit less angle, from experience.

Did everyone get that? Seriously, that's an excellent breakdown of that section and should be used by anyone trying to master it.

Except he left out two things. Between B and C there should be another point, but on the opposite side, also another point should be at the entry before corner one. Somewhere on the left side between where the red starts and where the corner starts. Where ever the rumble strips are would be a indicator, but not always.

Well, I wanted to keep it as short as possible... by the way, I'm not quite sure I agree that the point between B and C is desirable? I guess it's one of the "extras" so to speak... It would work if you choose a wide line at C, or use it as an alternative to C. For a tight line I actually prefer kicking the tail out between B and C, and clipping D a bit early, because of the stretch in the tunnel you'll get pretty close to the outside anyway when following the line from B to C.

As far as the entry and exit goes, I chose not to put markers there but describe them instead. It felt better to just add some waypoints along the way. The optimal entry should always be from the outside, as early and as fast as possible. Same goes for the exit, which should always be on the outside, and as stretched as possible without compromising the line.

It's a way of keeping the map from overcrowding, I guess...

Back