GTP Formula Gran Turismo Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter VRracingfan
  • 24 comments
  • 1,825 views
Messages
1,351
United Kingdom
Sheffield
Messages
Dan-F1Fan
I was really suprised that there currently isn't a Formula GT championship on GTPlanet so I decided to make one myself. I wanted to make it a mix of F1 and IRL so I put an oval course in the calendar although I don't know how much that makes it like IRL though :).

Rules:
Follow ORL guidelines of racing rules on GTPlanet
Tyres: Unlimited
All assists off with the exception of TCS and ABS.
Grip Reduction set to real
False start is enabled
Race finish delay is approximately the length of 1 lap
Damage set to limited

Points are awarded in the same style as the F1 format down to tenth position.
Calendar:
Suzuka 26 laps Friday 6th May
Fuji Speedway F 32 laps Friday 20th May
Nurburgring GP/F 30 laps Friday 10th June
Cote D'Azur 39 laps Friday 24th June
Grand Valley Speedway 30 laps July 8th
Circuit De La Sarthe 10 laps July 22nd
Laguna Seca 40 laps Friday 5th
Superspeedway-Indy 60 laps Friday 19th

Lobby open at 7:30pm and qualifying begins at 7:50 with the race start at 8.

All races are around 150km but some are ofcourse shorter than that.

Please copy and paste the following if you are interested;

GTP name/PSN name/FGT colour
1. VRracingfan/CALM_DAN/Red
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
 
Last edited:
I've tried to get a Formula GT championship going with a few threads.

No one seems to give a ****.

There seems to be very little interest on GTPlanet for open wheel racing.
 
I've tried to get a Formula GT championship going with a few threads.

No one seems to give a ****.

There seems to be very little interest on GTPlanet for open wheel racing.

Shame really because with formula gt cars they are easy to make mistakes with which can mean good racing. Oh well, i'll see how this pans out over the next few weeks and if there is a lack of interest like you say then i'll call it a day.
 
I'd like to sign up provided this is more than a two horse race. I have a white FGT with purple highlights. You can count on me being there provided its good races but like Mike said, no one gives a **** about online racing which is a shame
 
The monaco race is being included in the online triple crown just to let you know.
 
I'd love to participate in this but the time doesn't work for me. :(
 
I'm Eastern Daylight Time, and weekends are usually better for me, early to mid-afternoons.
 
Thanks for mentioning the online triple crown. :) Was just about to do it myself.
 
When PSN comes back online, I'd be interested in a FGT series. Honestly I hadn't touched the open wheel cars until PSN went down and I was forced to finish out A-spec. I'm not sure how skilled I am with the car because the A.I. drivers slow to a crawl when you get close to them.

I can see why they aren't very popular though. It is extremely difficult to drive and you cannot break concentration at all. One glance at your lap times on Cote d'Azur and you'll be in the wall. Considering the pileups that can occur with slower vehicles, I imagine most online racers won't have the restraint to keep things clean in these cars.

Anyway, perhaps it would be best to just pick a night for some impromptu racing to see how things go.
 
That's a good point, when PSN comes back i'll open a lobby and see how the racing is. The lobby number will be posted here too.
 
With the Indy500 and Le Mans races being organised as we speak, this could be a good place to try to setup a Monaco GP for the triple crown. I would do a one off race but not a whole series.
 
Monaco with full damage on...now that would be intense.
 
That's sounds cool. Formula GT around Monaco for 78/39 laps with full damage on? I'll set up a seperate thread as this is could be great.
I'll post the link in a bit.
 
I find i get less damage at Cote d'Azur because the speeds are less and so i dont spin off at corners much. 78 Laps, full damage 👍
Intense yes, easy no. But then achieving the triple crown isn't supposed to be easy...
 
If anyone is interested I racing these cars, please check out my thread "race for free car". I consider myself good at driving these cars and would really like to be tested.
 
If anyone is interested I racing these cars, please check out my thread "race for free car". I consider myself good at driving these cars and would really like to be tested.

Sorry but stopping advertising your thread here unless it is relevan to this chqmpionship.
 
VRracingfan
Sorry but stopping advertising your thread here unless it is relevan to this chqmpionship.

Sure, I think your asking me to stop advertising, which I'm not. And considering only 1 team is signed up for your championship and another post wants a test race in these cars, I thought someone may be interested. Enjoy your championship then.
 
Sure, I think your asking me to stop advertising, which I'm not. And considering only 1 team is signed up for your championship and another post wants a test race in these cars, I thought someone may be interested. Enjoy your championship then.

Sorry, it's just you came across as though you were advertising. I will enjoy the race we are doing.
 
Back