Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
jpg

GO TO POST 3 TO FIND OUR EVENTS CALENDER
Welcome Grid Autosport fans!! We will use this thread to organize Custom Cup Events in Grid Autosport.

Informal Events

If you want to host a less formal event simply throw up a couple of details with an approximate start time and that should be good enough. If you're online and just want people to join you, post up where you are and what kind of racing you are doing and we can find you on Racenet.

Formal Events
To post the details of your more organized race events, simply hit "reply" to POST 3, delete the "quotes" at the top and bottom and fill in the blanks. At the end, add an @Johnnypenso so it arrives in my inbox and I'll link it in POST 2. If it isn't linked within a day, send me a PM. My Alerts are crammed every day so I might miss it.

Ongoing Series or a Regular Race Night
You're probably better off creating a separate thread to manage your own series or recurring race night so you can have control over the OP and the gathering and distribution of information. Feel free to use anything here to facilitate that.

In Post 4 you will find some helpful suggestions for organizing races. If you have anything you want to add to the list let me know.

The more notice you give, the better your event will be attended. And don't forget, you can always fill the grid with AI and set them up to your liking, so even if only 3 or 4 people show up, you can still have a great series of races. Remember also, people will only be able to find you if they are in the same RaceNet Club or on your PSN friends list, so make arrangements as necessary before hand.

Please always remember, we are in this for fun. There are no prizes available and no glory beyond personal satisfaction of a battle well fought. If there is an incident and there's any doubt as to your guilt or innocence, your default position should always be to accede the position back to your competitor and continue on. There are no replays to watch so we are all on our honour. If one is complained about constantly, it's possible you may be unwelcome at future events and your membership in our RaceNet Club may be questioned. Let's keep this light and fun and we can all have a good time!!

Good luck and good racing!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Events Calender
2014 FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL (Dramatization)
Date and Time: Saturday, July 12th @ 5:00 P.M. Atlantic / 20:00 UTC
Host - @Nick Skyline
Theme - Touring car races on world and street circuits.
System - PS3
Date and Time: Monday, July 4th July 7th@ 1:00 P.M. Atlantic / 16:00 UTC (Convert to your own time zone)
Theme - Street (Tuner) sprint races on city
System - PS3

Last edited:
Suggestions on Being a Race Organizer

1. It is highly recommend not committing to race events unless you are certain you will be able to host, and also recruiting a backup host in case you can't make it. From previous experience it really sucks to get prepared for a race event and not have the host show up, so a backup plan would really be helpful.

2. Start on time and open your lobby at least 15 minutes before the race start. A couple of minutes delay here or there is ok. Holding up the room for much longer for stragglers or because your friend is late is aggravating and disrespectful IMO, to those that do show up on time and you'll probably have a hard time getting people to go to your events if this becomes a routine. People can always join the lobby after the first race starts I think, and participate in the subsequent races.

3. Plan and estimate how long the event will take. Include a full practice mode and an estimated race length including countdowns and the end race timer and loading. It helps with planning for those with a tight schedule.

4. I highly recommend using the GTP Online Racing Rules and Guidlines. If not, please state so in your post. They give clear guidelines for courteous behaviour on track and since there's nothing on the line here and we're all in it for fun, a common set of rules and guidelines is essential to a fun event.

5. Choose your car/track combinations wisely. Throwing an Endurance event on a little street course is going to be chaotic, and throwing a 4 speed Mini on Spa means you'll be on the rev limiter a good deal of the time. Test your combinations before you announce the event to make sure you get what you want out of it.

Last edited:
Note fellas, you can also post any informal events or races you might want to host. If you're just online and looking for someone to join you post that too. If we all get used to using this thread to find each other for racing and announce events, it should make it easier for us to get together.

Sounds like fun, too bad it's a regular workday up in the Great White North. Our Canada Day was Tuesday.

Unfortunately we don't have an Empire Shrinkage day in Britain today so I won't be there. Have fun though.

Down with King George.

Nope. PSN's not working on my end. I guess that means I'll have to postpone this until July 7th.

Same start time as usual.

Shame, i'm always up for online racing but i'm not in GTP club.

Is it open to all? or just club members?

It would be good to get some club vs club races at some point 👍

Shame, i'm always up for online racing but i'm not in GTP club.

Is it open to all? or just club members?

It would be good to get some club vs club races at some point 👍
Anyone would be welcome so long as you're clean and respectful:tup: If you're not in the club you can still find the room through a generic search by inputting the parameters or through a friend that's in the race and they can send you an invite. Or you can just join the club, there's no obligation to do anything, you could just join to make it easier for you to participate in organized races.

Anyone would be welcome so long as you're clean and respectful:tup: If you're not in the club you can still find the room through a generic search by inputting the parameters or through a friend that's in the race and they can send you an invite. Or you can just join the club, there's no obligation to do anything, you could just join to make it easier for you to participate in organized races.

Cool, yes i always race clean and respectful, its the only way. 👍

Some minor changes to the OP.

1. Race events now in POST 2. Note also, the title of the race event is a link to the post with the full description.
2. The template for organizing race events is now in POST 3

Anything to report?

GTP BELATED INDEPENDENCE DAY INVITATIONAL

RESULTS:
1st: @STEVE182rs (117 points)
2nd: @Nick Skyline (113 points)
3rd: A random, who I'll assume, Steve, is a friend of yours? (90 points)

Great event, which just goes to show that even non-Americans can celebrate Independence Day just as well as Jordan can. I do only wish that more people were present, though...

Now I can't wait to see how the dramatization of the FIFA World Cup Finals play out.

GTP BELATED INDEPENDENCE DAY INVITATIONAL

RESULTS:
1st: @STEVE182rs (117 points)
2nd: @Nick Skyline (113 points)
3rd: A random, who I'll assume, Steve, is a friend of yours? (90 points)

Great event, which just goes to show that even non-Americans can celebrate Independence Day just as well as Jordan can. I do only wish that more people were present, though...

Now I can't wait to see how the dramatization of the FIFA World Cup Finals play out.
A three horse race? :eek:

We should do a classic mini cup. I use it all the time now for circuit reconnaissance and they are great fun. Imagine ten of us battling it out in Bathurst for example that would be something with the old mini :D

Maybe it would be better if we put down some concepts together like this, discuss who's in and only afterwards decide on the time/place that suits all? Ups the chance that we can have more young bloods together.

Good event Nick, some good close clean racing 👍

Shame numbers was low, but still good fun. Yes matt was my friend, he cool..

For reasons beyond my control I wasn't able to join, I told you why in a PM. Hopefully next week I can play again, unless Codemasters make up another excuse.

I've had an idea for setting up a BTCC style race weekend in Custom Cup online. To start with there would be a time attack session to simulate qualifying, then the first race would be set up with the starting order set to "Previous Race Results". Second race would be set up the same way, with the third race set to "Previous Race Results Reversed".

Might try and set up a session on the weekend to test this out, if it does go ahead it will be at Brands Hatch GP.

I've had an idea for setting up a BTCC style race weekend in Custom Cup online. To start with there would be a time attack session to simulate qualifying, then the first race would be set up with the starting order set to "Previous Race Results". Second race would be set up the same way, with the third race set to "Previous Race Results Reversed".

Might try and set up a session on the weekend to test this out, if it does go ahead it will be at Brands Hatch GP.

I'd like to be the first to sign up for this...this isn't a bad idea, actually. I've wanted to try this in GRID 2 but never got the opportunity.

EDIT: FIFA room's up now! I'm going to start at around 5:10, approximately.

Last edited:
My sincere apologies for the doublepost, but two new events!

GAS GTPLANET RACING XP BOOSTER

This is something I've been thinking of doing for a while.

Theme: A party, just without the Party Mode. Come, and go as you please. If you would like to change disciplines or car classes, all you need to do is PM me the discipline you want and I'll get on that ASAP.

Room Host: @Nick Skyline

Date and Time: Whenever possible.
Event Duration: As long as you want.
Vehicle Discipline: Anything Goes
Vehicle Class: Anything Goes
Number of Events: 1 (at a time, really as many as I can put in)
AI Drivers: Medium
Racing Rules: GTP Online Racing Rules and Guidelines.
Gaming System: PS3
Additional Requirements: If you can, use our Racenet Club's Livery as it helps contribute some XP to the club.

Events
You're free to pick any layout of any track you wish. The distance of each race should be somewhere between 5 and 10 miles.

Online Options
Session Visibility: Open
Pre-Race Timer: 30 seconds
End Race Timer: 1 minute
Allow Upgrades: On
Allow Tuning: On
Allow Assists: On
Collisions: Off
Impact Ratings: Enabled
Force Manual Gear: Off
Force Interior View: Off

Advanced Options
Grid Order (Race 1): Previous Race Reversed
Damage: Full
Flashbacks: 3

-------------------------------

GA-GTP TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP

Theme: Straight-up Touring Car racing.

Room Host (Cat C Touring Cars): @Nick Skyline
Room Host (Cat B Touring Cars): I need someone to host the Category B races.

Date and Time: Saturday, August 2nd @ 12:00 PM Atlantic / 15:00 UTC
Event Duration: About 75 minutes a day, as I'll allow a 10 minute break between races.
Vehicle Discipline: Touring
Vehicle Class: Cat C Touring Cars / Cat B Touring Cars
Number of Events: 8
AI Drivers: None
Racing Rules: GTP Online Racing Rules and Guidelines. These must be followed at all times.
Gaming System: PS3
Additional Requirements
* I'll allow 24 people to sign up; 12 per vehicle class.
* Everyone in the lobby must have your voice option set to "Everyone".
* You cannot purchase a car for use in this event; you must use a loan vehicle.
* When signing up, use this format:
PSN ID / Team you plan on racing with. This is limited to the following:
  • K&N Motorsport
  • Team Kicker
  • Monster Energy Racing
  • Liqui Moly Racing Team
  • Razer Motorsport
  • Intel Motorsport
  • Forge Motorsport
  • Cusco Racing

Online Options
Session Visibility: Open until everyone arrives, (any and all randoms will be kicked immediately) closed once everyone is present.
Pre-Race Timer: 1 minute
End Race Timer: 1 minute
Allow Upgrades: Off
Allow Tuning: Off
Allow Assists: On
Collisions: Off for the Qualifier, On for the Races
Impact Ratings: Disabled
Force Manual Gears: Off
Force Interior View: Off

Advanced Options
Grid Order (Race 1): Previous Race Result
Damage: Full
Flashbacks: 0

Sign-Ups
K&N Motorsport (Cat C): ??? & ???
K&N Motorsport (Cat B): ??? & ???
Team Kicker (Cat C): ??? & ???
Team Kicker (Cat B): ??? & ???
Monster Energy Racing (Cat C): ??? & ???
Monster Energy Racing (Cat B): ??? & ???
Liqui Moly Racing Team (Cat C): ??? & ???
Liqui Moly Racing Team (Cat B): ??? & ???
Razer Motorsport (Cat C): ??? & ???
Razer Motorsport (Cat B): ??? & ???
Intel Motorsport (Cat C): @Nick Skyline & ???
Intel Motorsport (Cat B): ??? & ???
Forge Motorsport (Cat C): ??? & ???
Forge Motorsport (Cat B): ??? & ???
Cusco Racing (Cat C): ??? & ???
Cusco Racing (Cat B): ??? & ???

Event #1: Autosport Raceway (August 2)
#1: Time Attack (Infield Circuit, 3 laps) - This will serve as a qualifier.
#2: Race 1/2 (Infield Circuit, 13 laps)
#3: Race 2/2 (GP Circuit, 9 laps)

Event #2: Circuit of the Americas (August 16)
#1: Time Attack (National Circuit Reversed @ Day, 3 laps)
#2: Race 1/2 (National Circuit Reversed @ Day, 13 laps)
#3: Race 2/2 (GP Circuit @ Day, 10 laps)

Event #3: Intercity Istanbul Park (August 30)
#1: Time Attack (Intermediate Circuit, 3 laps)
#2: Race 1/2 (Intermediate Circuit, 13 laps)
#3: Race 2/2 (Grand Prix Circuit, 11 laps)

Event #4: Mount Panorama (September 13)
#1: Time Attack (Motor Racing Circuit, 3 laps)
#2: Race 1/2 (Motor Racing Circuit, 8 laps)
#3: Race 2/2 (Motor Racing Circuit Reversed, 9 laps)

Event #5: Circuit Mont-Tremblant (September 27)
#1: Time Attack (Grand Prix Circuit @ Night, 3 laps)
#2: Race 1/2 (Grand Prix Circuit @ Night, 12 laps)
#3: Race 2/2 (Grand Prix Circuit Reversed @ Day, 14 laps)

Event #6: Washington (October 11)
#1: Time Attack (Grand Prix Circuit, 3 laps)
#2: Race 1/2 (Grand Prix Circuit, 10 laps)
#3: Race 2/2 (Street Circuit, 10 laps)

Event #7: Yas Marina (October 25)
#1: Time Attack (Championship Circuit @ Day, 3 laps)
#2: Race 1/2 (Championship Circuit @ Day, 10 laps)
#3: Race 2/2 (GP Circuit @ Night, 9 laps)

Event #8: Spa-Francorchamps (November 8)
#1: Time Attack (Sportscar @ Day, 3 laps)
#2: Race 1/2 (Sportscar @ Day, 7 laps)
#3: Race 2/2 (GP Circuit Reversed @ Night, 8 laps)

Last edited:
Back