• Thread starter Tom.
  • 15 comments

Tom.

Premium
England
Sheffield
Tom_97_COD
9M388md.png

After two seasons of IndyCar Series racing on GT5, GTP IndyCar goes back in time to the fearsome CART era of Indy Racing; these cars have in excess of 1000bhp and every single one of those will be utilized during the 200 lap marathon that is the Indianapolis 500 mile race...
iKj8IFH.jpg

Race Day Schedule
Friday 11th July

Free Practice/Shakedown
23:00BST - 23:30BST (18:00 Eastern)

Pace Lap & Race 23:30BST (18:30 Eastern)

Driving Assists/Race Info

Lotus 97T
Power
Unlimited
Rear Wing & Aero Any allowed
All tuning options Unlimited
Tyres TO BE CONFIRMED

All Assists Off
Grip Reduction Real
Draft Strength Real
Penalties OFF
Damage Heavy

Bump drafting is prohibited on all tracks & 2 wheels must be on the track at all times.

You're allowed one blocking move on a straight to defend your line into a corner, but weaving or multiple moves will be penalized.

Qualifying

Qualifying will take place in the lead up to the event; each driver has three attempts to qualify and set the fastest time. The driver attempting to qualify must be in a room with at least two other drivers observing their run; runs consist of four laps, two warm up laps, the timed lap and the cool down lap.

The driver must go to track, exit pit lane and complete their two warm up laps; the third lap is the timed lap as by this point the driver will be completely up to speed. At the end of the timed lap, the driver must pull back into pit lane at the end of their cool down lap.

After the run, at least two stewards present in the room must post/verify the lap time of the driver by posting it in the thread, after which it will be added to the time sheet.
Oval Pace Lap Rules

When the race begins, nobody moves from the grid, upon the say so of the race director, the CART grid will start rolling behind it. Form up in single file and drive around the track in qualifying order leaving plenty of car-lengths between each car. Around turn 3 or 4 you must form up in triple file, with the leader getting a choice of which side of the track he wishes to start from. At the end of the lap you should still drive at the speed limit until the first car passes the start of the pit wall after which we are under green flag conditions.

The start will be a 3 wide rolling start at 80mph.

Pit Lane Rules

On entry, you don’t have to use the long access road under green flag although you must do so when the race is under caution so that the cars staying out are aware of who’s pitting in. On exiting the pit lane and re taking control of the car, do not immediately turn right onto the track after turn 1. Instead, you should follow the inside pit road all the way round and exit after turn 2. There is no speed limit on this pit exit though as it is relatively simple and slowing down would be pointless. Check that there are no faster cars approaching from behind when you re-join on the back straight.

Cautions

Caution will be called after an incident involving 2 or more cars, pits will be closed from the call of caution and the field will bunch up at 100mph. As soon as the first car a lap down reaches the pack, they may overtake the pack and gain their lap back under the Lucky Dog rule. Once everybody is together the pits will be called open and cars will be free to enter; everybody who stays out will accelerate to a certain speed (TO BE CONFIRMED) upon cars hitting pit lane and restart the race single file next time by. The cars that have pitted will be able to go full speed upon exiting the pits and will be able to overtake once green flag is called by the cars that stayed out. This creates a small cushion between the groups, a suitable but not over the top penalty for pitting.

Lapped Traffic

Lapped cars, or cars about to be lapped must always yield to lead lap/faster traffic unless they are much faster than the lead lap car due to new tyres/low fuel etc. Any sustained blocking will be penalised.

At restarts with less than 10 laps of scheduled race distance to go, any lap down cars are obligated to drop to the back of the pack and allow the lead lap cars to fight for the win.
Mics

Microphones are very useful for communication during a race, allowing you to ask questions and call out your position on the track to other drivers, useful on ovals. Therefore I recommend having a mic for this series, it's not compulsory but it is advised. During caution periods please keep all talking/discussion to an absolute minimum! If you do not have a mic, please turn the race sound effects down and turn your TV up so you can hear the announcements being made down the mic.

Tom
Rich
Matty​

Last edited:
I always wanted to do this, the Lotus goes insanely fast around Indy on full power, and draft on real is much realistic now. If you choose to have draft weak I dont know that I'd go for it...would have to think about that as it kind of defeats the whole purpose having weak draft which is basically the old strong draft. The old strong draft was like having a tow rope attached to the car in front. :lol:

Yeah it would be real draft sorry, my mind was on autopilot from GT5 :)

This'll be a single race with the possibility of a full series but I doubt either is gonna happen with the lack of interest.

Last edited:
Yeah it would be real draft sorry, my mind was on autopilot from GT5 :)

This'll be a single race with the possibility of a full series but I doubt either is gonna happen with the lack of interest.
I think some of us are exhausted from how awful the FRL Indycar went, the time seems really late for GMT, and you didn't include everyone that you should've in the PM :P

I would be interested if it was earlier, but starting what will probably be a 2.5+ hour race at 11.30pm is too late for me :(

Hm idk I put it that time because that's when the old series used to start and it wasn't a problem; also earlier is always a struggle for me.

Sorry guys :(

I'd do it as long as it wasn't July 26/27 or August 2nd/3rd. 259 mph fastest ever top speed recorded in F1 or CART or Indy:

I'm in providing I don't have work or something else the next morning which I can't gaurentee as of yet.

Back