GTP keeps trying to infest me with spyware...

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by CFM, Jul 10, 2004.

1. CFM

CFM

For the last week or so every time I navigate around GTP I keep getting spyware warnings from my Spybot program. Is this something that has been added to GTP intentionally? Everytime the spyware warning comes up, navigation automatically stops and I have to reload the page, sometimes up to 6 or more times to get it to download without the spyware. Even with broadband it is highly frustrating to reload the same pages over and over just so I can look around the GTP. For the record, the warning I am getting is for "Avenue A" spyware. Anyone else having this problem?

2. Terrible Tigers

Terrible Tigers

Hi CFM
    FYI I'm on GTP Lite so I'm not getting the adverts... which is no doubt where the warnings are coming from. Does the program say it's a Cookie? If so you may wish to review your browser cookie settings. Personally I block any and all cookies unless they are from the website I'm visiting.

Cheers

[post edit]
    I've just dropped by the forums at spywareinfo.com and done a search for "Avenue A" - Indeed it is a cookie. One of the suggestions over there is to set SB's "Immunize" setting to block silently. Hope this makes sense.

3. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

The cookie isn't really "spyware" in the sense that most people consider it. Needless to say, I didn't know it was being served through our ads here on GTP. You can learn more about Avenue A's privacy policy, and even opt-out of it's cookies, right here. :)

4. Omero

Omero

Hot stuff, thanks Jordan.

5. CFM

CFM

Thanks for the link Jordan, I din't know you could "opt out' of certain cookies like that. Sweet.:tup: Everything's loading fine now:)