GTP members please rate GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter persiano_dubai
  • 24 comments
  • 1,882 views

How much would you give GT5 out of 10 ?

  • 1

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 6

    Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 7

    Votes: 10 11.8%
  • 8

    Votes: 34 40.0%
  • 9

    Votes: 27 31.8%
  • 10

    Votes: 10 11.8%

  • Total voters
    85
Status
Not open for further replies.

persiano_dubai

(Banned)
Messages
49
Messages
persiano_dubai
I have seen countless reviews and heard good and bad from everyone ! But I have yet to see a vote created to see the GTP community thoughts on this game ! I would love to see some numbers , very general From 1 to 10 ! Please vote and rate this game .. how much total would you give it out of 10 ? Is it an amazing Simulator ? then go for 10 ... is it the worst simulator you have played ? then go for 1 !
 
This is a good question. But, I think it needs to wait. I'm withholding judgement until I get further into the game as I am only at level 12 and still racing the lowest tier races and plunking around with photo shoots, B-spec races, and Special Events. Even though there are clearly some shortfalls along with some real wins in the game, I think this question deserves more time for a proper response.

For those that choose to vote now, please specify your level and highest license acquired.
 
I'm currently at level 17. The only real complaint I have is the calssic GT AI. (I try to drive as clean as possible and not push my way through) The cars on track drive like they are following a pre programmed route and just drive through you if you get in the way......most of the time. Overall it's been over hyped but still a good game with room for improvement.
 
I'm at level 23 and I'm loving this game ,the standard cars look ok ,the premiums look amazing this is up there with the best games I've ever played.
 
I gave a 8 because it´s fanatstic driving feeling but too much bugs, which need to be fixed and some really important features missing.
 
8, nothing more.
I love the physics but I'm so disappointed with the AI, low quality shadows and graphics downgrade in general, very limited body customization.

No comment on mechanical and cosmetic damage. We need a patch.
 
I'd say an 8. When it does things well, it does things really well. It also does a few things much better than previous games in the series did (for example, the basic concept of the level system it much better than the old Licence Test system was). However, the game is saddled with too many poor design decisions (mostly related to the actual implementation of the level system, though some of the problems with Standard Cars also get some of the blame), and it does far too many things worse than previous games in the series (particularly in regards to the interface, but there are a few other niggling problems as well).
 
Last edited:
8

There's some things that really bug me and other things that I think PD could have done to make the game's interface more user friendly. But when I'm actually playing it, everything comes together and much is forgiven.

Vehicle tuning/tweaking is a PITA - but even the FF on a DFGT changes depending on the tires used...that's cool.

Cars w/a custom transmission sound like a Rolls Royce turbine is under the hood - but the game is absolutely gorgeous w/bumper cam.

To anyone on the fence about this game, it'll be money well spent. I came from FM1/2/3 and hustling a car around Laguna Seca in GT5 was damn near a 'come to Jesus' moment. The game is awesome...not perfect...but more perfect than other console racers.
 
I gave it a 6. GT4 was a great step forward. This one seems like a step back. A bit harsh, but even though the core Gran Turismo is there, I feel it's lost the direction it should have gone with this release.

I'm pleased with a few things in this game, but the disappointments outweigh them.
 
I rated 9/10. A truly amazing game!

It would be 10/10 if...

  • Stable 60fps framerate on times when there's lots of cars on the screen
  • No screen tearing
  • Improve the standard cars (some of them looks horrible!)
Performance in GT4 was better, so I'm slightly disappointed.

I also feel that wipers and flash headlights in the game is pointless... Why having these features in the game?
 
Last edited:
I gave it an 8. Fix the obvious issues and it's a 9. 👍
 
Yeah. I gave it an 8, but I am only level 12, and I'm sure there is much more to go.

But, I'm a pretty tough reviewer.
 
I gave a 8 because it´s fanatstic driving feeling but too much bugs, which need to be fixed and some really important features missing.

Sverely flawed then, surely

I'd say an 8. When it does things well, it does things really well. It also does a few things much better than previous games in the series did (for example, the basic concept of the level system it much better than the old Licence Test system was). However, the game is saddled with too many poor design decisions (mostly related to the actual implementation of the level system, though some of the problems with Standard Cars also get some of the blame), and it does far too many things worse than previous games in the series (particularly in regards to the interface, but there are a few other niggling problems as well).
Last edited by Toronado; Today at 5:12 PM.

8, then.... gotta be on the generous side, surely??

For me, 7 as it stands. Hopefully will mature to an 8 or 9. But will need some serious free DLC support to achieve that
 
7 from me. Doesn't deserve an 8 until all of the huge bugs are fixed. We all know what they are.
 
8, then.... gotta be on the generous side, surely?
Most of the things it does poorly compared to previous games are mostly just annoying. Some of them are really annoying, to be sure, but not game breaking.
Still, yes, I would say an 8 is generous on my part in the game's current state.
 
At the moment I gave it a 10 but I´m in love with it and know, when I look realistic on it its a 8. Fix some things give us qualifying and such and its a big 9.
 
The content in GT4 seemed more in depth, but really how much will Sim Mode do I need? Not much as I spend 99% of my time here at GTP racing with friends and GT5 will enhance that. My main complaint has been the limited tracks. Sure there are variations and weather, but I'd rather have these tracks plus all the ones from GT4 (I for one don't need day to night transitions, just an option for day or night).

Also, the sound of my engine is really quiet compared to others since I use the roof cam. Some of the standard cars do leave things to be desired, but I'll let it slide as long as they handle well.

Someone mentioned that the first GT's released on a new console seem less up to par and I'd agree with that. I think GT6 might have all Premium cars and more tracks...or I'd hope :) But I'm happy with GT5 thus far; 9/10.

Jerome
 
Gave it a 8 because of the limited number of premium cars vs. standard and because of the sometimes long loading times.

Other than that it's pretty amazing for me! :)
 
I rented GT5 and I am way beyond disappointed with this game. 5-6 years of development and it is only 20% finished. The standard cars truly just ruin this game. There is so much you CANT do with the standard cars. And the graphics on some of the standard cars is easily a step backward from GT3/GT4. So now that the rental is up, I am not even sure if I want this game as a free christmas present. :ouch:

My negative and positive feedback.

Negative
-Standard cars are TERRIBLE. Should be removed from the game.
-Standard car graphics are a step backward from GT4/GT3
-No inside view with standard cars
-Shadows in the game create a lot of graphic problems on both standard and premium cars. Really really bad on standard cars
-Cant take standard cars to the photo travel
-Cant zoom in on the standard cars with the on track photomode
-Audio is a bit strange and does not sound that good on the interior view. Sounds best on roof cam view (I hate that view)
-No spin around cinematic view after unlocking cars for completing events. Now you have the stupid Car Delivery. Which is terrible.
-Cant change wheels on standard cars
-No inside view on standard cars
-If you purchase wheels and change them, you have to re-purchase the wheels again.
-Some of the load screens are very long
-Online play is a bit rough right now with disconnect issues or freezing
-Piano pounding intro music is terrible. GT4 opening cinema was better
-Damage is just a complete joke even with premium. Takes a good 10-15 minutes of crashing to get results
-Used car dealership only carries standard cars
-No mechanical damage. You can drop from 6th gear to 1st gear with no mechanical damage at all.
-Almost impossible to get flames out of the exhaust
-Cars are dry when its raining
-No huge rewards for completing an entire event. Beginner events for example did not reward with any extra cash even with all gold
-During replays we cant fast forward or rewind.
-Buying parts does not increase the value of a car. So if you put $100,000 in parts into your car, you dont get any credit for it.
-Much of this game feels like a step backward from GT4.
-cant buy brakes
-cant fine tune the transmission. In fact there is almost no tuning at all for the transmission.

Positive
-AI is a huge improvement
-Graphics are incredible in the photo travel
-Tire audio is a huge improvement
-Tire marks
-Physics are also a huge improvement
-16 cars on track can be a lot of fun
-Interior view is really enjoyable (only with premium cars)
-Weather effects even though they are only on a couple tracks
-Day/night racing even though its only on a couple tracks.

I give GT5 a solid 8. The "standard" vehicles destroyed this game. If all the cars were premium then I might have been able to give it a 9.
 
Realistically, I would give it an 8. There's too many ridiculous issues overlooked, chiefly Standard cars and being forced to "unlock" realistic damage. It's a real shame, because this had the potential to be one of the finest games of all time.
 
I gave it 8. Graphics and engine sounds are very important aspects, but neglected in this game. Playing nfs Shift with the fullest amounts of details, remains a driving nirvana. You can see leather textures and beautiful stitches in murcielago's dashboard, for example. Even the lamborghini insignia has a distinct threaded pattern! And look at the dials and needels, very crisp and detailed, easy to read. Turning HUD off really gives you the best immersion possible. Not to mention the sound that thing makes!

http://ll.needforspeed.com/u/f/eaga...IFT/CaRs/Murcielago/HIGHREZ_murcielago_08.jpg

GT5 doesn't come near this feel, which should be the essence of every racing game. Excellent driving physics can't overcome bad engine sounds and low-res cockpits. Now i just play all cars with roof cam.

But GT5 is very adictive, lots of missions and challenges provides plenty of hours of gameplay. I also like HUGE list of cars and tracks, photomode is great, course maker and other details tend to raise the final score.
 
To me, not being able to properly customize cars in a game like Gran Turimo is just a sad thing.
 
A solid 8. The core game is intact and IMO better than ever but there are some very questionable omissions and a general sense of incompleteness. Overall there is more game here than many other games but as an overall package I feel this game is not the strongest in the series.
 
We have one of these already
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back