GTP, pimp my ri...eh...pick my Le Mans 24H car!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. S
  • 9 comments
  • 1,128 views

Mr. S

Nikon Fanboy
Premium
Messages
4,978
France
Paris
Yeah well, tomorrow I'll start my first 24h race in GT5. Yet, I haven't decided which car I'm going to use yet.

I have pretty much every car suitable for the event (list available in sig) but I don't really want to use my X2010, causing me to wrestle with the wheel for 24h. Neither would I want to lose due to an underpowered car.

So: please, GTP! PICK MY CAR! :drool:
 
I haven't done any endurance races yet, but I'm going to say 908 HDI FAP, just because I really like it and it's apparently faster than the Audi R10. However, it's not as insane as the Group C cars like the 88C-V and such, so it should be an easier drive I guess.
 
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Team Total. Amazing car, and very quick.
 
Make it three votes for the 908 HDI.

But make sure you reduce the initial torque on the LSD settings. Altough the car is generally mild on acceleration coming out of the corners when you are 100% focused , once the long hours start to make you lose focus, you will regret not taking my advice.
 
Well then, seemed like the logical solution anyway.

I'm in France, participate in a race located in France - why not pick a car from France as well.

Thanks. :)
 
Mazda 787B. It is easier to handle than the 908 and a bit more powerful when tuned.
 
I used the 787B for most of the Endurance races in GT3. I do not remember doing the Endurances in GT3 though. I haven't started GT5 endurances yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be using the 787B again.
 
Go for the 908 Team Total
 
I've prepared both the 787B and 908 TT now - thanks.
 
I won't be doing this until they implement a savebutton... but I'm grinding XP to get there just in case they do :)

When the time comes, it'll be 908 HDI FAP or 787b for me. I prefer the character of the 908, but I found out its cockpit is unusable on La Sarthe, as you can't see the apexes of the corners... Well actually you can't see the corners and bends at all. 787b is much better in that respect.
 
Back