GTP Qualyfication for GTP Race

United Kingdom
Bristol UK
GTP_Chris
Hey guys,

i just thought of something.
Instead of just setting up an international time when the GTP Events start, how about you take 5 laps in free run, mark your best time and that counts as qualifying.
Then in the race we all wait after the start 1 minute and arrange the correct grid position and at the 1 minute mark our GTP race starts.

What do you guys think?

Chris

Hey guys,

i just thought of something.
Instead of just setting up an international time when the GTP Events start, how about you take 5 laps in free run, mark your best time and that counts as qualifying.
Then in the race we all wait after the start 1 minute and arrange the correct grid position and at the 1 minute mark our GTP race starts.

What do you guys think?

Chris
👍 I've had the same thought myself, but instead of just arranging yourself on the grid, use the games race start for a warmup lap, where you have to get around the track to the correct grid position for the two minute marker. This gives the added advantage of warming up the tyres too.

👍 I've had the same thought myself, but instead of just arranging yourself on the grid, use the games race start for a warmup lap, where you have to get around the track to the correct grid position for the two minute marker. This gives the added advantage of warming up the tyres too.

yea that sounds good, flying start or rolling?

Chris

This IS an highly interesting idea, indeed! But how is the communication about who's achieved what quali-lap-time prior race start going to happen, and sorting the grid order out quickly?
Or is it one qualifying session e.g. per racing evening you had in mind? Then things could be organized over the corresponding race thread or chat maybe. Will take a few trial rounds, though, I guess.

This IS an highly interesting idea, indeed! But how is the communication about who's achieved what quali-lap-time prior race start going to happen, and sorting the grid order out quickly?
Or is it one qualifying session e.g. per racing evening you had in mind? Then things could be organized over the corresponding race thread or chat maybe. Will take a few trial rounds, though, I guess.

Hey Ren!,

how you doing?

Yea we should do it like you said. Have a quali, and then depending on the drivers, an hour later or whenever we have time.

BTW, we still need to race once in the integrale together :cheers:

Chris

Hey Ren!,

how you doing?

Yea we should do it like you said. Have a quali, and then depending on the drivers, an hour later or whenever we have time.

BTW, we still need to race once in the integrale together :cheers:

Chris

Good mate! You?
You're spot on, that Inte-Battle has been open for like what, 6 month!? It's about time....
The Fuji 600PP would be perfect.... but hence I'm more committed to my project lately I do not want to get too involved with 2 events... and the 512 is just too good to not have it, too (drat). I flipped the coin and decided for 512 at Suzi, also cause I'm SICK AND TYRED of Fuji (no need to say why). How about you hosting an Inte event? I'll happily support you with a real life photo for the thread :lol:

Edit: oh yeah, forgot something: the qualifying. I am worried about real chaos breaking loose with this, but it's worth a try. I also wonder, though, if a four lap race to follow isn't a bit short (given it is a 5 lap event)

Last edited:
Back