GTP Race Event 04??????

• Thread starter LinPark
  • 17 comments

LinPark

Premium
United States
Delaware, OH
GTP_LinPark
I think its time for the OLR Admin Team to throw Jack in the pond and see if he can swim. :lol:

Given that we have no formal dates for GT5, how about a new race event for those GTPlanet faithful that are still in and about?

Who's with me? :gtpflag:

I think its time for the OLR Admin Team to throw Jack in the pond and see if he can swim. :lol:

Given that we have no formal dates for GT5, how about a new race event for those GTPlanet faithful that are still in and about?

+1 👍 :gtpflag:

I've always said I would be more than happy to run Event 4... but when GT5 comes round. My reasons are:

• Although Event 3 was a sucess, the game was already dying out then. People were just starting to lose interest when Event 3 was still running and Kev did very well to keep everything moving and going 👍
  • The online track combos have been done to death. I don't think there is an combo we havent done 100's of laps in.
  • Matching issues. Its a nightmare to try and match. It was bad enough trying to get in the same race as your rival last time, now it would be hell.
  • Nearly everyone from the 5:P days have packed up and moved on. We didnt see many 'regular' faces in the GT:A TT, so I doubt they will come back from this.

When GT5 is launched, I will be more than happy to setup an event. Right now, I don't want to lose the feel of these events and create one for the sake of it.

In fairness to Jack, he's in the pond, processing all of the registry applications.

His thoughts for Event 04 are spot on. With GT5 and proper private rooms, combo selection, etc., we'll be able to do the event some justice from a standpoint of planning and organizing. 👍

EDK
In fairness to Jack, he's in the pond, processing all of the registry applications.

His thoughts for Event 04 are spot on. With GT5 and proper private rooms, combo selection, etc., we'll be able to do the event some justice from a standpoint of planning and organizing. 👍

Fair enough.

Just seems odd that so many have joined the registry and WRS is moving well - kind of a mixed message to say things are dying off. On top of that, I'm guessing a new registry will be required for GT5 so I'm estimating we won't be getting anymore online events until 2011 at the earliest. :(

Is a "new registry" for GT5 being considered? And with a "wipe-out" of the current one?

I ask this because last night I was talking to a SCC online regular and he said he was going to run the current qualifier because he wanted to be in the registry before the "madness" (read: the millions of submissions :D ) that will result of GT5's release.

If there's going to be a registry start-over there's no point in submitting entries now.

Is a "new registry" for GT5 being considered? And with a "wipe-out" of the current one?

I ask this because last night I was talking to a SCC online regular and he said he was going to run the current qualifier because he wanted to be in the registry before the "madness" (read: the millions of submissions :D ) that will result of GT5's release.

If there's going to be a registry start-over there's no point in submitting entries now.

There hasn't been to much talk about it but it's inevitable that a new reg and quali will be run for GT5. With a new game and brand new physics there is no other choice. Also alot of members signed up now haven't run in a very long time, so time for a clear out. :cheers:

There hasn't been to much talk about it but it's inevitable that a new reg and quali will be run for GT5. With a new game and brand new physics there is no other choice. Also alot of members signed up now haven't run in a very long time, so time for a clear out. :cheers:

It's going to be a couple of fun filled days (weeks, months, years) for you to sort that out. :D

I can say right away that should you need help to validate replays I will be more than happy to assist.

Thanks for your reply Jack ... considering this is a registry-members-only forum, this subject is not for all to know. But I have a difficult situation here. Should I tell my friend that wants to register now because he wants to avoid the post-GT5-release confusion ... that there's no point in doing it at this stage? (no new events until GT5 arrives, new registry after that) ?

We don't even have a release date for GT5 yet. It might not come out this year. Tell your friends to register and then come here and put pressure on the stewards for a race event 04, or just take part in EDKs madness in WRS.

It's up to you. The new reg has been talked about in the WRS forum and also the chat, so it's not a private matter. It depends on what your friend is hoping to use it for. No doubt alot of members that have signed up lately are hoping to beat the rush, but some use it for WRS aswell.

Unless things pick up alot (another update for GT5:P - which we are 99% sure will not happen) there won't be an Event 4 and many members won't run events now. So unless he wants to run WRS, I don't see much point in him signing up other than to save his tag.

Looks like we have at least 4 interested in Event 4 - what's the minimum required Jack? :lol: Ok, I'll drop it now.

Concerning the re-qualifying, I agree you have no choice, the change in the physics warrants it alone - just look at how I did the GT5 TT - I was horrible and expect to see myself back in a lower Div on the new game - that's why I'm hoping it doesn't come out until 2012. :)

Think we can get that new Registry complete and verified by say Nov 16th for a Turkey Day GTPlanet GT5 Race Event 1? :lol:

Think we can get that new Registry complete and verified by say Nov 16th for a Turkey Day GTPlanet GT5 Race Event 1? :lol:

I'm going to call that target......................Aggressive.

;)

Not leaving room for any slippage in the date then Lin :lol: Besides, there will be hardly anyone left to play, from what I've read in the GT5 forum, no one is buying GT5 now as only 200 cars have a cockpit view :rolleyes:

so am i right in thinking ive qualified for an event that isnt happening? or are there TT's going on somewhere that i missed?

if the latter, please where are they? thanks

edit- nevermind think i found the other one?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back