GTP Registry migration? Racing with an online only Acct?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheDabbinDave
  • 7 comments
  • 839 views

TheDabbinDave

Vinyl Addict
Premium
Messages
6,354
United States
Michigan
Messages
DaveTheStalker
Can we expect the GTP Registry and new qualifier to be coming over here where it belongs? Shouldn't gave to venture anywhere else for something directly tied to GT5. Kinda like going to an auto parts store that doesn't sell oil, but the one across the street does.

Also, concerning game save issue, I think there's a solution? As far as online racing goes, couldn't you just share your cars with yourself from your primary non-GTP account? Either by gifting or with the Online Share function?

Does your GT Life level have anything to do with online abilities? Or are there resrictions if you are at level zero or something low? What I'm getting at is, about just using a GTP account ONLY for online racing. Is that possible or does your GT career effect online racing?
 
Dave,

I just got here (passed on GT5P), so I don't have much say. I'm a good example of your point, though; because I was unaware of all of the GT5P stuff you guys already had established. If total migration is a hassle, a sticky for each with a link the the original post would work as well.
 
I know from being an admin on other forums, that threads can be uprooted and moved painlessly ;). It just seems like an obvious no-brainer that more and more featured forums are populating, we are missing the GTP Registry here. Honestly I think it should just start from scratch, like everything else for this game.
 
About the progress of your PSNID: I was gonna do the same thing. Just trade cars I wanted to run online to the other account. As far as I know, there is no relation between level and any efect on online play. I know at very early levels you can't buy certain cars, but I don't know if that applies to cars given to you, and racing them online. The unlock levels are pretty low, though. I guess I'll have to to test it.

Thats not to say that PD won't implement something further on down the road, like a room level filter or something. The current damage a car takes online seems to be minor as well, so if they implement an option to enable full damage effect online, but only the people who have unlocked it can race in that room, then that is another possible snag. These are both bad ideas; I'm just playing devil's advocate.

The best tactic might be to adopt your new self now, before you get too far along.
 
So, I am confused on what the best move would be for me as I just really got my PS3 but do have trophies etc.... from F1 and Modern WarFare and others, should I open a sub-account as GTP_mponsig or should I just start a brand new account? Either way it seems PSN requires me to put a new email address for either a sub or a new account. Will a sub transfer user info easier or at all and same question for a new account?????

I'd really like a GTP PSN ID for future racing groups here but like everyone the easiest route the better.

Thanks
 
This is all new to me as well. Does the GTP tag serve some vital purpose to the GTP sanctioned competition, or is it just a badge? I guess it really helps other GTP players network together for stuff.
 
Just start carrying motor oil will 'ya? You send me elsewhere I might not come back. It's called disorganization. We may as well put the videos and photos somewhere else too.

Why does it matter? Grizzled GTPlanet veterans are used to it not being in the forum dedicated to the game. But newcomers aren't and won't even think about exploring for something related to why there are a bunch of people racing in GT5 with GTP as a tag.

I can't stand it when my someone doesn't put all of the plastic containers in their cabinet and then in their proper stack. Or when someone puts table spoons where the salad forks go. Or when the pizza girl delivers and I can't find a pen that's supposed to be on the computer desk. Or when I can't find the lid that goes to a particular pot because someone puts the lid in a cabinet where it had no reason being there.
 
Back