* GTP TAC Leaderboards Attack : Nürburgring & La Sarthe ! *

easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
GTP TAC Leaderboards Attack : Nürburgring & La Sarthe !

Hi guys ! This is a thread that is exclusively reserved to (W)TACers that already submitted at least three clean laptimes in any GTP Time Attack Challenge you can find here !

What is a "Nürburgring & La Sarthe" ? Simple : it is an opportunity given to you to have your name in the Nürburgring, La Sarthe '05 or La Sarthe old leaderboards... with the cars you want !

How to do it ? Easy : you must have already competed in three of the TAC events we have and then you can choose one car/track combo and knock yourself out :D !

Again, you'll have to follow the TAC Rules ! Just to remind you :

1. Clean or Dirty lap :

- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

Special Rules :
If it is an Urban Track, don't worry about the Rumble/ripple strips, just make sure that times submitted are 100% wall free !

2. Laptimes submission :

- you must post a picture of your Ghost Replay Save Data information screen from the main PSP menu (accessed by choosing Saved Data, then press Triangle on your Ghost Data and choosing Information) showing the Date, Course, Vehicle, Lap Time, Physics used, Tires used, and your GTPlanet username written on a slip of paper. Please see the Season 3 thread for several examples.
- must support your final submitted lap times by uploading the Ghost Replay Save Data of your fastest time for everyone to see. Your time will not count if you fail to upload your replay before the deadline of each challenge. Please refer to this post for instructions (thanks Glubags / BTW, EUR version will have "UCES*****RPLY" prefix instead of "UCUS*****RPLY") on how to locate your Ghost Replay Save Data.” compress it in .zip or .rar format.

IMPORTANT : This is a serious community, please respect the AUP and the TAC Rules we have, host and competitors. Before enterring a duel, be sure you'll be in till the end. If one of you missed the deadline without further notice to the other first, he will be reported. Thanks for being gentlemen ;) !

So, you've got a time you want to add in the leaderboards ? Please copy-paste and complete this message :

Track : ------ (Nürburgring / La Sarthe '05 / La Sarthe -old-)
Laptime : -----
GTP ID : -----
Vehicule : -----
HP : -----
Tires : -----
Phy : Pro

and don't forget to add Picture & Ghost Replay Save Data

You'll have to post in this thread, please don't open your own thread, just send a message here ;) ! Thanks !

Any missing details, and your time won't be in...

Any question ? Ask here or shoot me a PM !

Have an excellent day and have fun !

---------------

IMPORTANT :​

Please note that all La Sarthe Laptimes submitted must be 200% clean ! I'm referring to the previous lap : you are not allowed to cut the Ford Chicanes in order to get a faster run onto your clean lap. That is to say : clean Ford Chicanes, start, clean Ford Chicanes = 200% clean ;) !

And Purple tarmac is a no-go zone.

As the replays start on the start/finish line, we can't see what happened on the previous chicanes so we'll just trust you guys ;) !

---------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Thanks Easy!! Now I can officially enter my times for the Ring using my favorite cars. I'm so gonna like this thread! 👍👍👍

I wonder how long it would take a Subaru 360 to run Nurburgring?

It would probably never go up the hills! :lol:
I've tried the Citroen 2CV and that took well over 15 minutes. My competitors, Fiat 500s, won by about 2 minutes.

Oh, and just to clarify the run-off areas at La Sarthe. Is it OK to use the "purple tarmac"?

It would probably never go up the hills! :lol:

I heard about someone doing the 'Ring with one of the 1886 Mercedes-Benz cars - they talked about the need to perfect 'switchbacking' up any moderately graded hill. I'd imagine that patience is the most needed skill...

Oh, and just to clarify the run-off areas at La Sarthe. Is it OK to use the "purple tarmac"?

No, purple tarmac is considered as grass... (If you're talking about the "Tertre Rouge corner + Both Mulsanne Chicanes)

----------

I just tried out the Clio Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00 (R1 tires) at the 'Ring and hit a clean 7'24.661 and an unclean 7'23.942.

I'm wondering if this 298 HP / 1150 kg Race Car can go under the 7'20 at the 'Ring...

Well, I found my combo, I'll try my best to be as near as possible to the 7'20 and see if I can break the Barrier ;) !

Have fun !

I ran the Clio Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00 and I can see a 7'22.xxx for me (I kept her default setting except for the rear toe and aero -maxed out-), I currently have a 7'23.836, so here is my submission -for now-

Track : Nürburgring
Laptime : 7'23.836
GTP ID : easyasashii
Vehicule : Clio Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00
HP : 298
Tires : R1 / R1

--------------------------------------------------

As I was tired of my faster but unclean laps with this lady, I had a look at my leaderboards and saw the Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00 time form January 2010 with R3 tires... I thought I might give it a shot with R1 -WTAC poison : feeling guilty when using R3... ;)- and try out L-F tuning as well ! The Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00 amazed me before, she was my favorite before I tried the Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 ! But I have to admit, she's still magic to me !!!

So I'm very happy to announce that I'll have to update my 6'58.023 ran with R3 to a 6'48.416 ran with R1 !!!

Here is my update -I'm sure not finished with her at the 'Ring !-

Track : Nürburgring
Laptime : 6'48.416
GTP ID : easyasashii
Vehicule : Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00
HP : 461
Tires : R1 / R1

And only 461 hp !!! What an amazing car !!! I'll focus on the Week 55 but sure will try again to beat this time -and then the WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 ;)

:cheers:

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B63E8276D01.rar
    63 KB · Views: 38
  • UCES01245RPLY-B63E8276D02.rar
    62.5 KB · Views: 40
Thanks ! I think I can hit 6'46 hope for a 6'45 with the Opel Astra, but I assure you they both have even more potential : under 7'20 and under 6'45 is 100% sure possible ! I ran o n basic tuning so...

I just ran one lap at Nurburgring with a 1970 Honda Z ACT (rolling on N1 tires). My blazingly fast time? 12'52.403

I actually thought it would be much slower, but it's light weight (500-something kg) combined with it's modest 30 HP made for an entertaining lap. I had a few moments where I wasn't sure if the car would make it up a hill before slowing down to a near stop (it never did get that slow), but all in all, it was a pleasant ride. I'm going to do it once again tonight and submit my fastest lap.

I had to choose between the Citroen 2CV, a Fiat 500, and a Daihatsu Midget... but then I remembered about the Honda Life Step van. When I went to view it, my eyes caught sight of the Z ACT and it was love at first sight!

frontgx.jpg
[COLOR=N3N3N3]l[/COLOR]
backse.jpg

Last edited:
I did one more lap last night and improved my time down to 12'40.193 (still on N1 tires). It was a really pleasant cruise around Nurburgring... one that I plan to do again some time.

Honda Z ACT '70: 12'40.193

hondazact.jpg

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B63E8276D00.zip
    62.2 KB · Views: 38
It was a really pleasant cruise around Nurburgring... one that I plan to do again some time.

Actually I experienced the same thing with the BMW 2002 Turbo '73 ! I chose her to make a 10' lap and it was a really pleasant ride, pretty fun too !

Are they your photos ???

Nope... I just grabbed them after doing a Google Images search.

easyasashii
Actually I experienced the same thing with the BMW 2002 Turbo '73 ! I chose her to make a 10' lap and it was a really pleasant ride, pretty fun too !

That is another car that I wish to use someday in a future WTAC!

:)

Got 8'45.xxx for the DeLorean as starting times using S2s. Gunning for 8'30.xxx!!!
nice run there Detroitbb. I'm also planning to run the Mini Cooper, hopefully by next week.

IMPORTANT :​

Please note that all La Sarthe Laptimes submitted must be 200% clean ! I'm referring to the previous lap : you are not allowed to cut the Ford Chicanes in order to get a faster run onto your clean lap. That is to say : clean Ford Chicanes, start, clean Ford Chicanes = 200% clean ;) !

As the replays start on the start/finish line, we can't see what happened on the previous chicanes so we'll just trust you guys ;) !

^ How about the purple tarmac entering Mulsanne Straight??? Do you still have to keep two wheels on the tarmac or is it okay to place all wheels on the purple tarmac?

^ Thanks for the reminder 👍 ! To be as clear as possible, I'll use what was already said ;) :

Is it OK to get all four wheels on the kerb? I have done this on the first chicane, and no wheels hit the sand.

As a general rule, no.

But the rules do stipulate that you can in certain cases (outside rumble strips):

"Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean."

Question: Can you go on the purple tarmac on the chicanes? This is between the kerbs, as well as next to the grass or sand.

No, this will be considered 'out of bounds'. Also, there is a similar section just before the Mulsanne Straight has also has the different colored pavement - don't go there either.

^ How about the purple tarmac entering Mulsanne Straight??? Do you still have to keep two wheels on the tarmac or is it okay to place all wheels on the purple tarmac?

Still no :D :

Purple tarmac there, which is a no-go zone.

;)

Last edited:
WTAC Week 56.5
My first submission for this thread:
Definitely, One of my favorite cars in the game and in cinema history! I wish I had one which I can use for time travelling. LOL!!

Track : Nurburgring Nordschleife / Forward
Laptime : 8'41.673
GTP ID : red ice
Vehicle : DMC DeLorean S2 '04
HP : 197
Tires : S2 / S2
snap005bt.png

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B63E8276D00.rar
    67 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
That's a pretty good time for a DeLorean... at least one without a Flux Capacitor.

;)

Thanks! I had an unclean 8'38.xxx 2 days ago but can't repeat it anymore.

I think I'm gonna limit myself to 1 week runs of the Ring and La Sarthe challenges. I would like to run more cars as possible and race them with whatever skill I got. :)

I'm currently doing La Sarthe laps with the mini cooper and so far I'm under 7minutes. I'm trying to attain a best lap of 6'30.xxx

Also, I'm gonna try some WTAC affair of honor challenges. I misunderstood before that I have to beat the top lap times in order for me to qualify. But it seems attaining a slower time compared to the best times were still qualified.
:)

WTAC Week 58.5
The best That I can do in Sarthe using the Mini Cooper '98!
I just love this car!

Track : Sarthe Circuit 2005 / Forward
Laptime : 6'36.953
GTP ID : red ice
Vehicle : Mini Cooper 1.3i '98
HP : 61
Tires : N3 / N3

snap000hr.png

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BB4E9A06C04.rar
    60.2 KB · Views: 39