GTP V8 Supercars Round 10 (Enduro Round 2) - El Capitan ***RESULTS***

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stiggy
  • 24 comments
  • 2,792 views
Messages
1,587
Australia
New South Wales
Messages
thestig-13
Messages
StiggyGTP
GTP V8 Supercars Round 10 (Enduro Round 2) - El Capitan


Race Information

V8 Supercars/Class 1, 31 laps
V8 Production/Class 2, 16 laps

NOTE: If you haven't already signed up for the Enduros and would like to, the sign-ups will now be open until Thursday 4th of March. You can sign up for the series here.


Tyre Rules
- Only Hard and Medium compound tyres are to be used
- No mixing of tyre compounds is allowed
- Tyre wear is to be set on the strong setting.

Other Information
- Points scored in these races will count towards a GTP V8 Supercars Endurance Championship.
- Teams can run a maximum of two cars in each class. The same driver cannot drive both cars.
- New drivers to the series can join an existing team, or race as a privateer with no team. Privateers are ineligible to score points in the Teams Championship.
- New drivers to the series will also be able to score points in the main championship as well as the enduro championship.
-Race threads will be open for two weeks instead of the usual one week.
- Teams racing in only one class can enter the other class as well.

Car Specifications:
Class 1:
Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car: Power - 600hp (+0) Weight - 1309kg (-3)
Chevrolet Camaro Race Car: Power - 593hp (+0) Weight - 1252kg (+8)
Class 2:
FPV GT: Power - 391hp (+1) Weight - 1660kg (-9)
Holden Commodore SS: Power - 390hp (+19) Weight - 1624kg (-2)

Results

attachment.php


attachment.php


Entrants List
V8 Supercars / Class 1

LSX Engineering
#5. LSX, Camaro
#555. InsaneRacer, Camaro
Garry Rogers Motorsport
#33. AyJay, Camaro
#
Team GTP
#38. CAMikaze, Falcon XR8
#
East Coast / Fast & Furious Motorsports
#44. LancerEvo7GSR, Falcon XR8
#
Map 'o Tassie
#54. viperin, Falcon XR8
#
Vintage Motors Inc.
#56. oldmodelt, Camaro
#57. fogbound, Camaro

Honor Tuning Motorsport
#60. Irons, Falcon XR8
#
Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
#77. C-ZETA, Falcon XR8
#
Tal-ko Performance Racing
#87. oscarhardwick, Camaro
#
Paul's Offshore Racing Team
#90. GTsail290, Falcon XR8
#
Ford Australia Racing Team
#95. TheStig13, Falcon XR8
#111.

Privateers

Guest Cars
#96
#97

V8 Production / Class 2

Swift Pits Motorsport
#1. Pitracer100, FPV GT
#
Honor Tuning Motorsport
#02. Irons, FPV GT
#
Ford Austraila Racing Team
#13. TheStig13, FPV GT
#333.
Tal-ko Performance Racing
#16. oscarhardwick, Holden Commodore SS
#
East Coast / Fast & Furious Motorsport
#23, LancerEvo7GSR, FPV GT
#98, Snowboard_kid, FPV GT
Garry Rogers Motorsport
#34, AyJay, Holden Commodore SS
#
LSX Engineering
#55, LSX, Holden Commodore SS
#555. viperin, Holden Commodore SS

Vintage Motors Inc.
#56. oldmodelt, FPV GT
#57. fogbound, FPV GT

Team GTP
#83. CAMikaze, FPV GT
#
Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
#88. C-ZETA, Holden Commodore SS
#
Paul's Offshore Racing Team
#90. GTsail290, Holden Commodore SS
#112. Taurus_SHO12, FPV GT
Map 'o Tassie
#99. viperin, FPV GT
#
Privateers

Guest Cars
#100
#101

Points: 1st: 20, 2nd: 18, 3rd: 16, 4th: 14, 5th: 12, 6th: 10, 7th: 8, 8th: 6, 9th: 5, 10th: 4, 11th: 3, 12th: 2, 13th: 1, bonus point for fastest lap

Race Rules
- Standard online rules apply
- No shortcuts and try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times
- No wall-riding
- You MUST use the specifications provided
- Forced pit entry is to be used
- TCS & ASM can be turned on
- AI - any level
- If you submit your time late you will recieve a 30 second penalty
- Tyre wear must be set to strong


Deadline: PM me with the following details filled in before the deadline of Saturday 13th March 11:59pm GMT.

User Name:
Class:
Car:
Number:
HP:
Weight:
Total Time:
Fastest Lap:
No. of Pits + Drive Through Penalties:

Hope you enjoy the race;
TheStig13
 

Attachments

  • v8 Round 10 Results Pt 1.jpg
    v8 Round 10 Results Pt 1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 56
  • v8 round 10 results pt 2.jpg
    v8 round 10 results pt 2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
InsaneRacer, let me just say thanks for your effort and the first win for LSX-E. Viper, as always, great job netting another top 5! I'm going to try hard and make it into the next race, but I can't promise anything.
 
:lol: Good thing I have a teamate. Just got what the abbrieviated version of Stig's team name is. Was that planned? :sly:
 
Guess who decided to come back to GT4 just for this race :sly:
 
Plenty of teams need another driver. Ask around. Any offers?

Welcome back LancerEvo7 GSR.

Team Map O' Tassie would be happy to offer a seat :)
Supercar, Production or both. Take your pick !
 
Think I'll stay with my own team ;). Cougar may be coming back too.
 
I know this isn't the appropriate thread. But TGC 3.0 is going to be starting this month. Tuners put a lot of work into their rides. And we get the easy job. Driving them. It's pretty simple too. Hotlaps only, I think. I've learned a lot and had a blast. No other short series going on now. Check it out.

If this post is in violation my apologies. Mods please remove it.

On El Capitan, have my tyre figures down. Now just have to find the time (and talent) to put in some good runs. But was happy with my TM enduro. Seeing that I'm the dinosaur here using AT. A second or so behind on lap times is pretty good, I think.
 
I put a feeler on the TGC page. I am really enjoying this track/car combo for El Capitan. I think stig13 has done a fantastic job laying out these events. There really is no easy choices when it comes to tires. It's such a heartbreaker, these endurance events. Luck only lasts for certain amount of time and it seems to be something less than what is needed.
 
Last edited:
G'Day all !
My efforts so far are concentrated on the LSX Commodore.

I have found this track suits the Commodore much more than
Trial Mountain :).

Have a race in the bank ( SM two stopper ). Will try other tyre combo probably tonight then move on to the Team Map O' Tassie Fords.

Good luck all 👍
 
Have both runs done. But as always would like to repeat if possible. A great rythmn track. Sort of like a Merry-go-round. Shame we have to pit.
 
Have both runs done. But as always would like to repeat if possible. A great rythmn track. Sort of like a Merry-go-round. Shame we have to pit.

Well put, I can only agree.
I am not sure why but it just sems less like hard work driving here. I also dont feel like I am developing forearms like Popeye wrestling the Cars around as at TM.

I have completed my FPV GT run and am pretty pleased with my effort.

Now for the SuperCar !
 
I turned in my times last night. I have noticed that I seem to do my best time early in the effort. Later timed efforts are usually a few seconds slower.. is this typical with you guys?
 
I turned in my times last night. I have noticed that I seem to do my best time early in the effort. Later timed efforts are usually a few seconds slower.. is this typical with you guys?

I hear that, very often my best effort is my first,and the more I work at it the worse I get. It all depends if I am in the right frame of mind, some days you are in the zone, other days you might as well go and catch a Movie !!

Times submitted, very surprised at massive tyre wear in Supercar Class compared to Production Class.I think I went with the right strategy, we shall see :nervous:

Good luck all.
 
I turned in my times last night. I have noticed that I seem to do my best time early in the effort. Later timed efforts are usually a few seconds slower.. is this typical with you guys?

Yes, that is often the case with me. It's often difficult to shave the few secs we all want off of a race only to push too hard or drive too conservatively and end up in the same place or worse.

Times submitted. GL to all.
 
Time submitted. Race was so-so. Still not a big fan of this track, especially the section going up the hill after T1. :nervous:
 
Time submitted. Race was so-so. Still not a big fan of this track, especially the section going up the hill after T1. :nervous:

Nah! That's where all the fun starts. Finally got the hill figured out.
 
Great job everyone!

WOW Viperin -
Once again you set the fastest laps! Mighty impressive.

El Capitan is a favorite track of mine. It ranks just behind the 'Ring of course, so I thoroughly enjoyed the race. I wished I had more time to run the races because I definitely left a bit of time on the table. I'm sure I could have knocked off another 5 seconds from my overall times.

I see that most of you stayed on the medium tires and did 5 pit stops in the V8Supercar class. I ran that way for my first attempt, but switched to hards and picked up about five seconds. I pitted on laps 7,13,19,and 25. I just hated pitting so many times when I was on the medium tires. Boy, does the Ford Falcon eat front tires!!

I see that Fogbound only pitted three times. Is the Camaro that much more gentle on its tires?

How was everyone taking turn 3 (the right-hander with all the cement just before the tunnel)? My normal racing line is to cut across the cement with both wheels, however, for this race I was only putting two tires on the cement.

I wish to thank my team-mate Taurus_SHO12 for driving such a long race on an unknown track and helping team PORT pick up some valuable points.

See you at the races,
GTsail
 
Viperin must have used the secret tunnel after the hill to knock off some time. Nice job. :)

And to answer your question Viperin. I believe there are two rounds left. Apricot Hill and then Cote d Azur.

see below post.
 
Last edited:
Congrats to GTsail290 on the double win and everyone on a great race! I had too much difficulty predicting how the tires would behave and went with hard tires and minimal pits. I got to do a lot of driving in these longer races and that was cool. Thanks to Vintage Motors and oldmodelt for the support!
 
Thanks Viper and InsaneRacer for your efforts this season, and in the Enduro cup. 👍👍

GTsail, I see you still only have one speed, fast. Nice driving!

SO anyways, I don't have time for much of anything these days. I've been missing race after race, which I keep planning on racing in, but just never find the time due to being worn out, or just spending time out doing things with my little bit of free time.

When I started racing this this series, I was unemployed, so I had more time than I knew what to do with. I just don't have that luxury anymore. If I'm off work, I'm sleeping, and if it's not that, there are a bunch of other things to be doing. So just to cut this short, I won't be racing for quite some time... So I'll be dropping out of the V8 Supercars. It's not that it's not important to me anymore, It's just that I have a very busy schedule these days, and as it stands, no time to race. Not even GT5p, I've not even played a game in a good while.

Anyhow, sorry to the guys driving on the team, sorry to everyone competing. I know it's lame...

Viper and Insane, feel free to keep driving for LSX-E if you'd like, I'll still be taking care of you guys as well. I'll keep checking in on the series to see what's going on. Hopefully in the future, come GT5 time, I'll be back racing with some, or all of you guys again.

Till I don't know when,

:guilty:LSX.
 
Great job everyone!

WOW Viperin -
Once again you set the fastest laps! Mighty impressive.

El Capitan is a favorite track of mine. It ranks just behind the 'Ring of course, so I thoroughly enjoyed the race. I wished I had more time to run the races because I definitely left a bit of time on the table. I'm sure I could have knocked off another 5 seconds from my overall times.

I see that most of you stayed on the medium tires and did 5 pit stops in the V8Supercar class. I ran that way for my first attempt, but switched to hards and picked up about five seconds. I pitted on laps 7,13,19,and 25. I just hated pitting so many times when I was on the medium tires. Boy, does the Ford Falcon eat front tires!!

I see that Fogbound only pitted three times. Is the Camaro that much more gentle on its tires?

How was everyone taking turn 3 (the right-hander with all the cement just before the tunnel)? My normal racing line is to cut across the cement with both wheels, however, for this race I was only putting two tires on the cement.

I wish to thank my team-mate Taurus_SHO12 for driving such a long race on an unknown track and helping team PORT pick up some valuable points.

See you at the races,
GTsail

Well done everyone, nice close Racing and special congrats to GTsail :) Very nice work indeed and a good strategic choice with tyres.
I did do half a Race with RH, but decided ( probably prematurely :dopey: ) that RM would be marginally faster.
That strategy nearly worked for me in the Production Class ( fantastic close times there, what great racing, would love to be all on the track together sometime !! ).
The Falcon does eat front tyres rapidly but that is okay if you do not try to eke out just one more lap than you should :crazy:
I tested the Camaro for a laff and found it is easier on tyres but just not as quick as Falcon.
I enjoyed the Commodore race as well, drives really well and excellent quickest lap time on a two stopper, just does not quite have the overall race pace to match the FPV ( in my humble opinion ).

Oh, by the way my strategy for turn 3 involved treating those corners as a double apex right hander, clipping both apex and hugging the wall for the left hand kink before the tunnel.

I have recently upgraded to a new notebook pc and have some new video capture and editing software I am getting familiar with. I will try and produce some lap videos and advise when completed.


Regards.

ps - how many rounds left ?
 
LSX
SO anyways, I don't have time for much of anything these days. I've been missing race after race, which I keep planning on racing in, but just never find the time due to being worn out, or just spending time out doing things with my little bit of free time.

When I started racing this this series, I was unemployed, so I had more time than I knew what to do with. I just don't have that luxury anymore. If I'm off work, I'm sleeping, and if it's not that, there are a bunch of other things to be doing. So just to cut this short, I won't be racing for quite some time... So I'll be dropping out of the V8 Supercars. It's not that it's not important to me anymore, It's just that I have a very busy schedule these days, and as it stands, no time to race. Not even GT5p, I've not even played a game in a good while.

Anyhow, sorry to the guys driving on the team, sorry to everyone competing. I know it's lame...

I understand completely, I'm starting to run into the same problem myself. Still, best of luck to you in your job, and hope to see you on the track sometime in the future :)👍
 
Re-arranging priorities LSX?

Does this mean that you won't be going to Sebring this weekend and taking hundred's of pictures for us?

Anyway, good luck with your new position.

GTsail
 
LSX
Thanks Viper and InsaneRacer for your efforts this season, and in the Enduro cup. 👍👍

GTsail, I see you still only have one speed, fast. Nice driving!

SO anyways, I don't have time for much of anything these days. I've been missing race after race, which I keep planning on racing in, but just never find the time due to being worn out, or just spending time out doing things with my little bit of free time.

When I started racing this this series, I was unemployed, so I had more time than I knew what to do with. I just don't have that luxury anymore. If I'm off work, I'm sleeping, and if it's not that, there are a bunch of other things to be doing. So just to cut this short, I won't be racing for quite some time... So I'll be dropping out of the V8 Supercars. It's not that it's not important to me anymore, It's just that I have a very busy schedule these days, and as it stands, no time to race. Not even GT5p, I've not even played a game in a good while.

Anyhow, sorry to the guys driving on the team, sorry to everyone competing. I know it's lame...

Viper and Insane, feel free to keep driving for LSX-E if you'd like, I'll still be taking care of you guys as well. I'll keep checking in on the series to see what's going on. Hopefully in the future, come GT5 time, I'll be back racing with some, or all of you guys again.

Till I don't know when,

:guilty:LSX.


I am happy to hear about anyone getting back to work. I am busy but many are not these days..
 
Back