GTP V8 Supercars Round 9 (Enduro Round 1) - Trial Mountain ***RESULTS***

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stiggy
  • 21 comments
  • 2,713 views
Messages
1,587
Australia
New South Wales
Messages
thestig-13
Messages
StiggyGTP
GTP V8 Supercars Round 9 (Enduro Round 1) - Trial Mountain

Welcome to the first of two endurance races in the GTP V8 Supercars Series, held at the Trial Mountain raceway. The question is; who will be king of the (Trial) Mountain?

NOTE: If you haven't already signed up for the Enduros and would like to, the sign-ups will now be open until Monday 15th of February. You can sign up for the series here.

Race Information

V8 Supercars/Class 1, 25 laps
V8 Production/Class 2, 13 laps

Tyre Rules
- Only Hard and Medium compound tyres are to be used
- No mixing of tyre compounds is allowed
- Tyre wear is to be set on the strong setting.

Other Information
- Points scored in these races will count towards a GTP V8 Supercars Endurance Championship.
- Teams can run a maximum of two cars in each class. The same driver cannot drive both cars.
- New drivers to the series can join an existing team, or race as a privateer with no team. Privateers are ineligible to score points in the Teams Championship.
- New drivers to the series will also be able to score points in the main championship as well as the enduro championship.
-Race threads will be open for two weeks instead of the usual one week.
- Teams racing in only one class can enter the other class as well.

Car Specifications:
Class 1:
Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car: Power - 600hp (+0) Weight - 1309kg (-3)
Chevrolet Camaro Race Car: Power - 593hp (+0) Weight - 1252kg (+8)
Class 2:
FPV GT: Power - 391hp (+1) Weight - 1660kg (-9)
Holden Commodore SS: Power - 390hp (+19) Weight - 1624kg (-2)

RESULTS

attachment.php



Entrants List
V8 Supercars / Class 1

LSX Engineering
#5. LSX, Camaro
#555. InsaneRacer, Camaro
Garry Rogers Motorsport
#33. AyJay, Camaro
#
Team GTP
#38. CAMikaze, Falcon XR8
#
East Coast Motorsports
#44. LancerEvo7GSR, Falcon XR8
#
Map 'o Tassie
#54. viperin, Falcon XR8
#
Vintage Motors Inc.
#56. oldmodelt, Camaro
#57. fogbound, Camaro

Honor Tuning Motorsport
#60. Irons, Falcon XR8
#
Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
#77. C-ZETA, Falcon XR8
#
Tal-ko Performance Racing
#87. oscarhardwick, Camaro
#
Paul's Offshore Racing Team
#90. GTsail290, Falcon XR8
#
Ford Australia Racing Team
#95. TheStig13, Falcon XR8
#111.

Privateers

Guest Cars
#96
#97

V8 Production / Class 2

Swift Pits Motorsport
#1. Pitracer100, FPV GT
#
Honor Tuning Motorsport
#02. Irons, FPV GT
#
Ford Austraila Racing Team
#13. TheStig13, FPV GT
#333.
Tal-ko Performance Racing
#16. oscarhardwick, Holden Commodore SS
#
East Coast Motorsport
#23, LancerEvo7GSR, FPV GT
#
Garry Rogers Motorsport
#34, AyJay, Holden Commodore SS
#
LSX Engineering
#55, LSX, Holden Commodore SS
#555. viperin, Holden Commodore SS

Vintage Motors Inc.
#56. oldmodelt, FPV GT
#57. fogbound, FPV GT

Team GTP
#83. CAMikaze, FPV GT
#
Corsa dell'Italia-Australia
#88. C-ZETA, Holden Commodore SS
#
Paul's Offshore Racing Team
#90. GTsail290, Holden Commodore SS
#112. Taurus_SHO12, FPV GT
Map 'o Tassie
#98. viperin, FPV GT
#
Privateers

Guest Cars
#99
#100

Points: 1st: 20, 2nd: 18, 3rd: 16, 4th: 14, 5th: 12, 6th: 10, 7th: 8, 8th: 6, 9th: 5, 10th: 4, 11th: 3, 12th: 2, 13th: 1, bonus point for fastest lap

Race Rules
- Standard online rules apply
- No shortcuts and try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times
- No wall-riding
- You MUST use the specifications provided
- Forced pit entry is to be used
- TCS & ASM can be turned on
- AI - any level
- If you submit your time late you will recieve a 30 second penalty
- Tyre wear must be set to strong

NOTE: You are allowed to use the yellow painted areas on the corners before and after the back straight.

Deadline: PM me with the following details filled in before the deadline of Saturday 20th February 11:59pm GMT.

User Name:
Class:
Car:
Number:
HP:
Weight:
Total Time:
Fastest Lap:
No. of Pits + Drive Through Penalties:

Hope you enjoy the race;
TheStig13
 

Attachments

  • V8 Round 9.jpg
    V8 Round 9.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Just noted a slight error in the races entered by Team Map O' Tassie for the upcoming enduros at Trial Mountain.
I will be entering a XR8 Falcon (Car 54) in Class 1 as usual and will enter a FPVGT in Class 2 for Team Map O'Tassie as well ( guest Car # 98 ? )

The Class 2 (# 555) entry mentioned for Team LSX would be a Commodore.
I will not have enough time for a Class 1 entry for team LSX as well, sorry !

Hope this makes sense and is allowed under the entry rules.Please advise.
 
Ran my tyre setups already and then reread the rules and noticed that hard and medium were only allowed. :ouch: Too much time on hand this week now that I'm down to one long race series. Wife hates that I'm under foot too much. :lol:
 
Last edited:
Ran my tyre setups already and then reread the rules and noticed that hard and medium were only allowed. :ouch: Darn. Was hoping to run pitless in the Prod. class. :irked: Too much time on hand this week now that I'm down to one long race series. Wife hates that I'm under foot too much. :lol:
Speaking of pitless, is there a mandatory pit stop in the Production Class race?
 
Speaking of pitless, is there a mandatory pit stop in the Production Class race?

My reading of the rules for the V8Production class would be that a pit stop is not required. TheStig13 previously eliminated this requirement, and since I haven't seen a note that he added it back, I would say that pit stops are up to our own discretion.

Respectfully,
GTsail
 
G'Day all,

I have completed my class 2 drive for team LSX in the mighty Commodore SS.
I managed a pretty respectable Race, all things considered, and can report that I did it with SM tyres and only one pit stop, AI set @ +10 but with crappy tyres ( heh heh ).

I will complete the Team Map O' Tassie efforts over the next couple of days.

Later.
 
Times submitted. Ran a lot of different tyre scenarios. But they were all suprisingly similar. Good thing I have a teamate. Because I don't expect much of a showing with my performance alone. I will pray that you all have a lot of DTP's. :trouble:
 
I will pray that you all have a lot of DTP's. :trouble:
I've so far landed a race in Production Class that I'm happy with, but I don't know how many times I've had to restart My V8 Supercar race due to excessive or unnecessary DTPs :yuck: You may have this round yet, Oldmodelt!
 
I've so far landed a race in Production Class that I'm happy with, but I don't know how many times I've had to restart My V8 Supercar race due to excessive or unnecessary DTPs :yuck: You may have this round yet, Oldmodelt!

Just a few would be fine with me. :sly:

No, really, GL to all.
 
ah, that was a fun event! Thanks to Oldmodelt for good advice. TM is a really amazing track running at ones best speed. Super technical with lots of optional lines.
 
G'Day all !
Times submitted, last minute rush to get everything done as usual but got there in the end.

Gave up on trying for clean race in the Supercar race, just sucked it up and took a DTP after numerous restarts.
At least Trial Mountain has a relatively short pit road.
Very intense racing in all thre races for me, especially when tyres going off and all those hard rocks just waiting, eeek !
Probably ran a tad too cautiously but probably the best tactic all things considered.

Good luck all.
 
G'Day all !
Times submitted, last minute rush to get everything done as usual but got there in the end.

Gave up on trying for clean race in the Supercar race, just sucked it up and took a DTP after numerous restarts.
At least Trial Mountain has a relatively short pit road.
Very intense racing in all the races for me, especially when tyres going off and all those hard rocks just waiting, eeek !
Probably ran a tad too cautiously but probably the best tactic all things considered.

Good luck all.

Agreed on all counts!
Submitting times now...
 
Greetings racers -
I've finally been able to run some races in the V8Supercar class and had great fun.:) My best lap so far is in the low 1.22's. Trying to go lower.

I've enlisted my son as a team mate in the V8Production class, and he's run one race in a FPV GT (he likes Fords). His best lap was a 1.48.xxx, and he had two or three drive-thru-penalties. He may be able to try one more full race before the deadline, but I'm not sure. He has no GT4 experience, but he did play GT2 and GT3, so he has some driving experience. I hope this is ok with everyone (I sent a PM to TheStig13 earlier in the week). He just signed up as a GTPlanet member (Taurus_SHO12), so he will be able to post his times tonite.

Respectfully,
GTsail
 
Last edited:
Great. Now I'll get beat by the whole family. :grumpy: There is an upside to him driving. If you only have 1 PS2 you'll have to share the machine and get in less practice time. 💡 Give him all the time he needs. :sly:

BTW welcome to the zoo Taurus_SHO12. I used to drive a Taurus GL until last summer. Elderly lady ran the red and now it's history.
 
Last edited:
Greetings again -
You are correct Oldmodelt, there is only one PS2, so seat time is a premium.

I have dropped into the 1.21's in the V8Supercar class, so I have submitted my times for my Ford Falcon to TheStig13. Nothing so far in the V8Production class in my Commodore, however, I gave the FPV GT a spin to warm up the tires for my team mate.:)

Good luck all,
GTsail
 
Thanks for the warm welcome:tup:

This is my first post on GTPlanet.:)

I'm running a Black FPV GT at Trial Mountain.

I finished my second race in the V8Production class and I will try to send my time to TheStig13

Taurus_SHO12
 
Thanks for the warm welcome:tup:

This is my first post on GTPlanet.:)

I'm running a Black FPV GT at Trial Mountain.

I finished my second race in the V8Production class and I will try to send my time to TheStig13

Taurus_SHO12

Welcome aboard, I chose the FPV also, great car. I love the sound of that motor.
 
Thanks for the warm welcome:tup:

This is my first post on GTPlanet.:)

I'm running a Black FPV GT at Trial Mountain.

I finished my second race in the V8Production class and I will try to send my time to TheStig13

Taurus_SHO12

Welcome aboard !
Very glad to have you join our little family.
It is a great little comp, although with the new series starting in Abu Dhabi at the weekend I am very confused as to where my loyalties should lie now!

I think I will have to stick with Ford no matter who is driving them.
 
Congrats to InsaneRacer and GTsail290 for big class wins! and all the racers for great drives. I really enjoyed this event!
Thanks to TheStig13 for promoting a great event!
 
oldmodelt sighs, sits back and :). He realizes that he was lucky to sign fogbound. He fills in the holes where oldmodelt is lacking. Talent.

But is curious that proper introductions haven't been made public about PORT's newest driver over in the
GTP V8 Supercars Series: News & Race Reviews. 💡
 
Congrats to everyone that made it to the end! 👍 Thanks to LSX Engineering for the ride. Unfortunately, my teammate was not able to race. Trial mountain is a nice
track to drive, but I'm not looking forward to el capitan. :sick:
 
G'Day all! once again I thank thee for the warm welcome! I have been working hard at GT4 once again (bought a PS2 *note originally was going to do PS3 but was told that wasn't the way to go :) Achieved A and B license and just going to IB. about 5% into the game with a million cash to buckle myself in with haha.
Looking ahead to the many challenges that await from the veterans here. Hope I can keep up ;)
 
Back