Premium
United States
North Dakota
RacingCowboy570
RacingCowboy570
Borderlands 2, nominated by @The Stig Farmer

Borderlands2boxart3.jpg

Release date: September 8th, 2012
Platform(s) released on: PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, OS X, Linux, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Game developer: Gearbox Software
Genre: First-person shooter, action role-playing

As with the first game, Borderlands 2 allows players to complete a campaign consisting of central quests and optional side-missions as one of four treasure seekers, "Vault Hunters", on the planet Pandora. Key gameplay features from the original game, such as online collaborative campaign gameplay; randomly generated loot, such as weapons and shields; and character-building elements commonly found in role-playing video games are in Borderlands 2.

Badasses. Psychos. Badass Psychos. Loot. Annoying robuts. EXPLOSIONS? Wub wub. 87 bazillion marketing slogans etc.

Borderlands 2 follows the events of the first game, and tasks the player with stopping the tyrannical Hyperion corporation and its leader Handsome Jack from opening an ancient alien vault and unleashing a biological superweapon.

The game was expanded with a veritable mountain of post-launch story DLC and support, and it was re-released as part of the "Borderlands: The Handsome Collection" compilation on current console systems (and as a backwards-compatible title on Xbox One).

ss_game_bl2_7.jpg

ss_game_bl2_2.jpg

Borderlands_2_gameplay_screenshot.jpg

Cay1uAQUUAA8p4Z.jpg

Cool doesn't mean good, right? Because I played like 800 hours of this, so while I liked it I'm giving it a D for Pitchford, Claptrap, memes and the fact you couldn't easily play with friends - I had to start like four new games just to be at the same level as people I wanted to play with.

I'm mixed on this, I enjoy most if it not all of the characters and the story but I find that i don't enjoy the gameplay unless I'm playing with friends.

The humorous dialogue was great. Co-op was pretty fun too, but ultimately it was a little repetitive. I give it a B for the memories of playing with friends.

Back