GTP Video Game Cool Wall: Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 6 comments

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

• Total voters

Cowboy

Lariat Member
Premium
United States
North Dakota
RacingCowboy570
RacingCowboy570
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, nominated by @GranTurismo916

14b815.jpg

Release date:
Nov 7, 2003 (Japan), Nov 14, 2003 (Europe), Nov 17, 2003 (North America), Nov 19, 2003 (Australasia)
Platform: Nintendo GameCube
Game developer: Nintendo
Genre: Kart racing

the other uses items. Players can switch at any time. Double Dash!! is the only game in the Mario Kart series to allow cooperative gameplay so far. Double Dash!! supports LAN play using the Nintendo GameCube Broadband Adapter, allowing up to 16 players to compete simultaneously. There are 20 characters to select from in total, each of which with a special item, and with eleven characters being new to the series. It was commercially successful, with more than 3.8 million copies sold in the United States, and more than 802,000 copies sold in Japan. It is currently the second best-selling Nintendo Gamecube game of all-time, selling around 7 million copies worldwide.

large.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Mario-Kart-Double-Dash-2.png

DK_Mountain_-_Bridge_-_Mario_Kart_Double_Dash!!.png

For the Mario Kart series I've always considered this one of the best ones if not the best one in the series. The N64 one was great and all, but this one added an extra game-play element that made it very fun to play with friends, swapping characters on the kart and "storing" items. Plus it had way more kart variations and characters. Definitely one of the great Gamecube games.

Did someone say the best Mario Kart game ever made?

It's fun being in the same kart with a friend for a change, alternating between items and driving. Try taking on all the 150cc events like that for some social fun.

One of my friends had a Gamecube with this Mario Kart, and we had a blast racing in this game.

I'd always pick Wario and Waluigi and drive Wario's purple car. I remember having a good time.

A it is.

"Mario Kart 64" was a classic. My cousin and I had quite the rivalry. At times "Mario Kart: Double Dash!!" was a lot more challenging than MK64. One thing you can praise Nintendo for is trying something different with a classic franchise. To that end, MKDD deserves some love. I didn't like this game as much as MK64, but it's still worth playing. I'd give this whatever equates to above average for this game.

Back