GTP WRC Eiger Mini Rally Review

Which impressions do you get of the GTP WRC by reading this?

• Sounds like it's fun. Where do I sign up?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • It sounds pretty cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That serie might have a future

• You won't survive on this planet

• *yawn* I'll go drive around in circles with a confused AI. Now THAT'S RACING!

• Total voters
Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
EigerNordwandKTrail_5.jpg

On August 18, the Eiger Mini Rally was hosted as a test rally for drivers in the GTP World Rally Championship. With 5 WRC and a single JWRC car competing for every thousandth of a second, every moment would count!

The rally got a late start due to personal issues for the host and uninvited drivers constantly joining the room, but eventually the rally was ready to start!

The first stage was the short Eiger tarmac stage. After the recce lap, Peugeot driver Rallymorten was the first to really push for the seconds. And he managed an acceptable time of 1:12:550.
The next driver on the road was Aesys a.k.a. Metalgear696 in the Mitsubishi Super Rally car. Starting as the second car meant he would get the split time from Rallymorten in the car. That and a good setup resulted in a time of 1:11:943.
The Citroën C4 with Xstylez behind the wheel was next. He coped well with the challenging stage and was noted for 1:12:424.
While the first 3 cars had a great start to the rally, the Subaru team, represented by james6653, had the worst start of all. A traffic collision on the way to the stage meant heavy damage to the Impreza, and a time of 1:21:095.
But the third japanese car on the stage was more lucky. The Suzuki SX4 piloted by Geeky30 managed an awesome run, and ended in 1:12:015.
The closing car was the one and only JWRC car, a Peugeot 207 driven by wolfdragon98. With no competition in the JWRC class, she could take a relaxing drive. But the plans were different, and she was noted for 1:23:169.

The second and final stage of the Eiger Mini Rally was the monstrous K trial. With the top drivers being only 0.6 seconds apart, this was the stage to win!

Once again it was the Peugeot of Rallymorten that would start first. Having a look on the rally win he was not slowing down for even a second, and was noted for the longest jump on the jump in the forest. But even the Peugeot had problems. On the final 3rd of the stage it hit a rock on the road, thus damaging the front suspension. He makes it home in 4:16:257.
Next car on the track was the C4, another candidate for the win. However, a tour in the forest cost Xstylez 10 seconds. His final time was 4:23:760
The Suzuki was next, but not for long. On top of the mountain, Geeky had a spin which cost him a minute. He would end the stage in 5:48:253.
The leader of the rally, Metalgear696 was next on the track. However, a problem on the start line cost him 7 seconds, further putting the pressure on him. But he coped extremely well with it, and including overtaking the damage Suzuki towards the end of the stage, his skill resulted in a time of 4:03:500.
The usual suspect, the Subaru, was once again having a bad start. And a wild ride down the hill and a penalty for jump starting was not making it any better. He cleared the stage in 5:36:400.
Believe it or not, the Peugeot of wolfdragon98 was one of only three cars to make a clean run. A combination of good reactions and some luck resulted in amazing 5:13:330.

So the final results would be these:

Driver; SS1 time; SS2 time; Total time; Final Position

Rally; 1:12:550; 4:16:257; 5:28:807; 2nd
Aesys; 1:11:943; 4:03:500; 5:15:443; 1st
Xstylez; 1:12:424; 4:23:760; 5:36:184; 3rd
James; 1:21:095; 5:36:400; 6:57:495; 5th
Geeky; 1:12:015; 5:48:235; 7:00:267; 6th
Wolf (JWRC); 1:23:169; 5:13:330; 6:36:499; 4th (1st JWRC)

In finishing order:

Aesys
Rally
Xstylez
Wolf
James
Geeky

Setting the standard on both stages, Aesys/Metalgear and the Mitsubishi team took a dominant victory, with Peugeot and Citroën just happy to be on the podium. The pace shown by Wolfdragon leaves hope for a future WRC seat.

For more information, take a look at the thread. Until next time, remember that consistency is faster than pure speed.

Last edited:
Nice race review 👍 You're totally right about consistency, especially on a track as long as K trail. I just cant believe there were cars with damage before the race even started. :lol: I think this was the point of the test rally though. Make mistakes, learn from them, move on.

Also, I wasnt aware the test rally was worth points, thats pretty cool.

It doesn't give points like that, it's just for fun I give points for test rallies. Even preseason is a season :lol:

Hey I was wondering what your plans are for starting the official season. Are we still going to wait for a while or do you think we should get it going sooner? I bet the field will be much more full when its going to count for official points.

metalgear696
Hey I was wondering what your plans are for starting the official season. Are we still going to wait for a while or do you think we should get it going sooner? I bet the field will be much more full when its going to count for official points.

Well, I am hoping the Peugeot National Rally (check series thread) will be the last test rally so we can get going with this :)

Back