GTP WRS-Online Event 12 : 500W Sprints - April 16, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 38 comments
I guess I was the token "new guy" in NA which reminds me....where the "H" were the rest of you DIV 3 and DIV 4 guys tonight. I mean really...I need to have someone to race...or at least see... during an event filled with ONES and TWOs it tends to get a bit lonely...LOL . I failed to get any practice due to computer glitches but my times dropped from 14XX to 12XX in the process of thrashing around. And try to imagine the reverse grid race with me as the rabbit in the Greyhound race....except these Greyhounds caught the rabbit. ;)
No contact no bumps...(oh yeah I smashed Grav into the hairpin while he was tutoring me...but that was in a non counting race after we finished the event). And...yes Virginia you can turn the wheel while braking and holding the gas wide open....and still get around the corner, contrary to what they told you at driving school. Looking forward to pavement and squealing tires. Thanks to PASM for running a great show and to those fast guys for continuing my education.:bowdown:
Can someone give me the link/ thread for wrs standing and current driver list

Can someone give me the link/ thread for wrs standing and current driver list
The current WRS Registry members are here.

We don't have a "standings" published for online races, is that what you're asking about?

The current WRS Registry members are here.

We don't have a "standings" published for online races, is that what you're asking about?

I thought points were used to determine divisions or something. I guess I'm asking what data is kept and what it is used for. Never thought about it before as it wasn't important ( still isn't ) just curious.

Later....I just followed your link and it explained why some of my fellow DIV 4 compatriots are now DIV 3. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but a driver gets ranked based upon his initial time trial and they gets re-ranked in/after his weekly WRS time trials, but racing performance is NOT considered. If that is the case....why are their points for finishing position in WRS races?

Totally confused...I think :dunce:

Yep, handicap is not affected by races. Handicap is the default basis for placing a driver in a room, though.

The points were just due to the fact that we were doing sprints this week. Correct, online races do not contribute to any kind of advancement. Trust me it's a cool idea to have the online races contribute, but much more complicated to manage than we have time for.

As far as tracking the online race results we have it all in a spreadsheet and used to have a way of presenting that publicly, but it's acting up at the moment

Yep, handicap is not affected by races. Handicap is the default basis for placing a driver in a room, though.
I guess the real question (like the elephant in the room) ...is...tell me again why we do not have a Race Drivers Championship that does have (if necessary) its own ranking. I HATE TIME TRIALING almost as much as I hate TUNING . I do solo on line for practice if I can't find someone to drive with...and yes I know solo driving will make me faster...but it does absolutely nothing for my race craft....which at this point is more important to me than finishing order. And yes I know that the best drivers in the world are also blindingly fast in qualifying but if you ever saw Ayrton Senna slicing through back markers you understand that BOTH are necessary.

Back