GTP WRS-Online : Event 97 : Dream Machine-From The Original - July 17

Good race guys.

The grass nearly changed my pit strategy on me but I managed to save it before I passed the pitwall. After that I slowly made my way back through the field and caught Pekka as we were pitting. I jumped him in the pits but couldn't get away from him and he passed me back. Stayed pretty close through the remainder of the race and I had a few moments where I had an opening to pass him but couldn't pull it off.

Probably the toughest battle I've had just over 4th/5th place. :lol:

Another no practice one for me :(. Although next week i'll have vacation again (from my vacation job :sly: ) so i'll be able to practice more and maybe even be able to do the NA time slot cya guys soon. :)

PS: Hope I didn't hold up the faster guys to much just wanted to stay close when you guys passed me so I could spy on some lines and maybe learn something. :P

Last edited:
Good racing everybody! I made a mistake which cost me about 10s. That means I could have gained two positions (in theory, anyways...), I was catching up to mj and Patrick in the end...

Majed, it was fun battling with you for a few laps, I hope I was driving fair.

I'm glad I didn't get lapped...

I enjoyed last night Thanks guys. I knew on speed I wasn't going to catch Daniel, so I opted for a 1 stop race. I did okay on tires, losing an extra second or two on my last 3 laps, but on my stop I guessed the wrong amount of fuel and had to pit again 2 or 3 laps from the end (which means, I guessed really poorly :banghead:!). Had I not pitted I might have been able to stay on the lead lap, though Bart was catching up pretty quickly. I think when I pitted I was 15-20 seconds ahead of him, but with my wearing tires, he was catching me at about 5 seconds a lap. Still, it was nice to finish all 30+1 laps within the post race timer! (You know, small victories).

Looking forward to seeing what Al comes up with for this week.

I had a great day of racing! Only one off in both races! Thats a first! Greg (gman) I am just one spoke in the wheel that drives the WRS. I help with testing and building race threads and such. We had fun testing the combo for next week which should be released today. I can tell you that we will be using the Honda S2000 LM but on a different track.

Congrats Daniel for not getting lapped, I too enjoy that feeling! I had a different experience yesterday... Bart behind me in second place!!!! That didn't last long, but it was sure fun trying to keep him back there! I was only there because of a different pit strategy but I was still ahead of him!!! :)

Anyway, off to get next weeks thread finished

Al

Here are a few pictures from the race yesterday:

Taking the green flag. Decent sized field during GTAcademy. Speaks to the fun nature of this car and track 👍

Turn Two

The field as it snakes through the fastest two corners of the course.

Me as I get a bit of air on the rumble strip.

Through 5 iterations, Grand Valley Speedway remains one of my favorites in the series.

Great racing everyone. Look forward to seeing you next week :cheers:.

Congrats, Bart. :cheers:

Mohit was consistent. 👍

Looked like a fun one!

event97results_zps48bcddd2.png

Lucas, I think you meant to post the combined results when you said Mohit was consistent?

Here they are anyway:

event97_res_combined.png

:guilty: I totally forgot, but yes, I meant he was consistent between the 2 races. Thank you!

Ah, thank you! Different strategy in each race though, first time I think alternate strategies were equal-ish.

Back