GTP WRS Round 14/results(13s results)

• Thread starter Thatman
  • 21 comments
GTP_Thatman/Thatmanthere
A Man Hamster

Okay...So What can we do with some American sports cars...Oh I know make them go down a very windy course! Perfect!!!:dopey:

Free Race/Hot Laps
Circuit:Fujimi Kaido Old Downhill
Cars:Chevrolet C5 Z06,C6 Z06,C6 Grand Sport(if you have)/Dodge Viper GTS,SRT10/Ford GT,GT40 ALL STOCK
Assists: Anything goes personal preference.
Transmission: Anything
Rules: Anything which invalidates your lap (exclamation mark next to time) is not allowed.
Tuning is allowed where the cars allow, discuss and share setups and setup tips.

PM me your best time:
Name - Time - Car
Thatman - x:xx:xxx - Dodge Viper

You have until 11:59 central Standard time on the 30th(ish) of March to pm me the time this. I will accept only one laptime to save my inbox from confusion of having more than one time from people.

P.S. Frizbe found out that if you go into Multiplayer>Private Race and then set the AI cars to 7 you can run your own personalized Endurance race. Perfect for getting to know the track and it also fattens that wallet a bit.

Round 13 Results
chromatic9 - 1:25:995 - Lotus Exige
kjelliken - 01.27.553 - lotus exige
icelt - 1:28.780 - '64 Aston Martin DB5
Thatman - 1:30:461-Bently GT

I gots killed.:lol: Though I ponder where everybody went....:guilty:

Last edited:
So base PI of the car?

Indeed. They all have about the same handling so this should be fun....👍

I didn't have time to try the Esprit. Might give it a run later.

Exige lap

You REALLY make me want a steering wheel again...maybe If I sell my two old logitechs I can get something a little newer....

Last edited:
I must say that the gt40 has quite the looooong first gear but that doesnt quite work on the downhill. Speaking of which, for this week only(probably) If you want, take a stab a drifting ill do it if anyone else does. :)

I gots killed.:lol: Though I ponder where everybody went....:guilty:

Sorry chap, I totally forgot to send in my time. Work had been stupidly busy all week, and as I recall, I hadn't gotten home until after the deadline that night. As I recall, my stocker time with the DB9 was a 1.29.677. So, I actually would have done alright.

Umm, sorry, I might not make it this time, my great grandmother's in the hospital, and I doubt I'll have time to do this race. Sorry. :(

Count me in. I missed the last round because I...well, I just plain forgot about it. :lol:

Hope everything turns out well for your grandmother, Stig. 👍

Well just an update, im taking a week off for the WRS, I had some personal things to deal with but all should be done by next week!.

14's RESULTS
1.Thatman - 3:40:091 - Dodge Viper SRT10
2.chromatic9 3:41:321 - FordGT
3.Kjelliken - 1.52.229 - Dodge SRT10
4.Terronium 12 - 3:56.955 - Corvette C6 GS

Well I unfortunately did my time after the due date.:guilty:(today actually)
However, I will say that the time i did before the vipers was with a Ford GT and i believe was about 3:40:9xx somewhere there. The reason I went and did it again was because i wanted to get a video...which I still can in case anyone would like to see it....Either way chroma what a run for my money. 👍 I didnt think it was going to be that close. Oh, if anyone wants to put suggestions here, Ill certainly take them under consideration.:)

In fact here it is.

Last edited:
I will start getting involved in these competitions now. Going to do this run tonight and post my time up.

It would be really cool if the next challenge was a D-class Sprinter Trueno with RWD.

You don't have to do it, and it's simple enough to ignore me, but it would be REALLY cool if you gave a challenge involving a 350pp Sprinter Trueno.

Disappointing to see a low turn out again.

Good lap there Thatman. Seems I was lulled into a false sense of security.:)

I only tried the GT on the last day and did a low 40 but clipped a barrier and thought a 41 would be enough.

With Thatman was 26 seconds off the pace on the 8 minute Nurb, others 23 seconds off and I thought a 4 minute down hill minus those Nurb long straights would be 10-16 seconds which turned out correct otherwise.

If you can do a 40.9 in the GT then you really shouldn't be 26 seconds off and 2-4 seconds off in the straight forward 8 corner 1-2 minute tracks. With full PI thats Top 20-30 Leaderboard pace. Could've been more interesting over the past weeks.

Im going to go with the fact that its the track I have raced numerous times over on FM1 and then more times again with it in FM3. Likely next week ill be in the back of the pack again... tuning is what gets me. But hey its an integrated part of the game and what would be the fun of ALWAYS having a stock car? Oh and keep the suggestions guys I think I have a decent plan. :)

Last week I ran a few laps in the Z06 but only managed a middling 3:48+, and a dirty 3:48 at that, so this explains my lack of time submission. Nice times by chromatic and Thatman, although we should probably give chromatic the nod as he actually submitted prior to the deadline ;).

Track wise I'm good for anything, well anything meaning 2nd place and below. Ha.

Fraaak... I keep forgetting these "due dates." I ran the same 3:40.xx time that everyone else did with the Z06. As I recall, I was ranked #340 something globally.

I'm terrible with turning things in on time.

Back