GTP WTAC Week 109: Eternal Rivals (Part 1)

Japan
Osaka
CWM_NoirAntares
GTP WTAC Week 109: Eternal Rivals (Part 1)

*** The Toyota Supra and the Nissan Skyline GTR have been rivals ever since both were introduced to the market. Sharing the same Inline-6 engine layout, the heated debate over which car performed better was taken to the track, in JGTC. Both performed equally, each winning their own races and championship. We relive this classic rivalry in this challenge week. In part 2 of this challenge, we take a look at another classic production car rivalry. ***

1. Track :Tokyo Route 246 (Forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec (R33) '97 & Toyota SUPRA RZ '97

snap040.jpg
l
snap037.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday June 25th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday July 2nd 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday July 2nd 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your entry won't be counted as valid and will not be considered into the challenge week and overall standings.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards for the current WTAC session will be on the WTAC statistics thread

--------------------

Last edited:
Hey Antares, sorry I couldn't make a submission last week. Busy with pre-holiday preparations, which meant I didn't have time to submit

Hey Antares, sorry I couldn't make a submission last week. Busy with pre-holiday preparations, which meant I didn't have time to submit

It's alright, hope you can join this week though ;)

Oh, and could you edit the Week 108 thread title? I think it was you who made the thread, right?

Not sure if I can make it to this week's challenge, busy week and I only have today to do laps and I haven't even done any. :sly:

With such little time I decided to do only 3 laps with each car and submit the fastest time.

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec (R33) '97 ~ 1'58.600
snap048.jpg

Toyota SUPRA RZ '97 ~ 1'56.129
snap049.jpg

Overall Combined Time: 3'54.729

Next week we'll be pitting two generations of the Civic Type R against each other in Paris! Join us! 👍

Attachments

• Ghost109_Antares.rar
    109.6 KB · Views: 37
Whats the easiest way to post up the pics and replay? I'd like to compete but with the way I do it, its to much of a hassle.

I'm not sure if there's really a short method but here's how I do it.

For the pics I just upload them to my photobucket account and get the IMG tags and post them up here.

For the replay, I just manually find the save folders and make a .rar or .zip file of them and attach it to my submissions.

----------------------------------------------

Just like last week, there is only one entry that made it within the deadline, and that entry would be made winner by default.

Weekly Challenge Results:

goldh.png
1st - Antares26##(3'54.729)

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Antares26###l8

Last edited:
Back