GTP WTAC Week 35 : I'm Late!

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 24 comments
GTP WTAC Week 35 : I'm Late!

I'm more than a week late in getting this post up, so in the interest of extreme time constraints, I shall be brief:
These cars go fast. They look neat. Vroom-vroom!

1. Track : Tsukuba

picture.php

2. Cars : Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) '05 & NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03

350zgt.jpg
l
ztune.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2 (Nissan 350Z GT 4 Edition) & R1/R1 (Nismo Fairlady Z Z-Tune)
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Jan. 17th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jan. 24th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Jan. 24th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Dan360#####ll.14#
small_up_arrow.gif

2nd #-l red ice#######l8#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 2nd)
2nd #-l MVR08#######.8###(tied for 2nd)
2nd #-l Spiral########l8#
small_down_arrow.gif
#(tied for 2nd)
2nd #-l Detroitbb ####l#8#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 2nd)
6th #l-l pvr77#######.ll6#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 6th)
6th #l-l Sylar########.6#
small_down_arrow.gif
#(tied for 6th)
8th #l-l easyasashii####l5#
small_down_arrow.gif

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I attempted to pick up the PSP to lay down my first laps, but grabbed nothing but air. Then I remembered that my son took his PSP back to his mother's house and won't return until this evening.

:)

I attempted to do some moderate tuning last night and actually made the performance of the cars worse. Many readjustments later, I barely managed to improve both times:

still 0'58.xxx and 1'04.xxx

Finally!, got my first laps with these cars.
57.5xx and 1'3.9xx. I love these cars but the track not so much, is too short for me. Have to say I'm not really good setting the cars so improving my times is going to be a challenge.

I've improved both times by 2/10th of a second, and I'm having trouble with camber and toe setup (I use + toe to reduce oversteer coming out of a corner).

No improvement on the GT-4 Ltd, but I got the Nismo a little faster - 0'57.5xx.

What is it about this track that makes me lean from side to side while I play, sometimes I catch myself even wanting to stick my tongue out of my mouth the way a slow kid does when he writes. LoL!

Edit - Did some tuning with the GT-4 and got a 1'03.8xx!

Last edited:
What is it about this track that makes me lean from side to side while I play, sometimes I catch myself even wanting to stick my tongue out of my mouth the way a slow kid does when he writes. LoL!

I've been doing that too! I actually leaned so far to my right a couple nights ago that I hit the lampshade with my head. It was at that point that I realized how ridiculous doing that was because my car won't turn any faster if I lean into it... but knowing all that, I still end up doing it!

:dopey:

I saw a tiny amount of improvement last night. I currently have a 0'58.0xx and a 1'04.0xx...

I didn't manage to run any more sessions since Thursday, so I might as well submit my times:

Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) '05 - 1'03.840
gt4edition.jpg

NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03 - 0'57.241
ztune.jpg

COmbined time: 2'01.081

Attachments

• GT4 Edition.zip
    53.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Z-Tune.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 5
I tried, but was unable to knock any time off my previous best(s). I know I can do better with the Nismo Z-Tune, but I feel pretty close to my wall with the GT4 Ltd.

Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) '05: 1'04.028

04028.jpg

NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03: 58.009

58009.jpg

combined time: 2'02.037

👍

See you all at Yosemite!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BA65C0F8200.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 4
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BA65C0F8201.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 4
I've also been stuck at the same times since Friday so I'm gonna post too...

NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune - 0'57'552
photo0115f.jpg

350Z GT-4 Ltd. - 1'03.843
photo0112v.jpg

Combined time - 2'01.395

Loved both these cars, the Nismo has always been one of my favorites.
👍👍👍

Seems like I cannot participate in these challenges for a while from now on, don't have a psp to play on at the moment and I'm most likely getting a job along side with my school, which means that I'll have only little free time and that I'd probably like to spend on something else. It's a shame since I've enjoyed this event quite a bit. I'll try to participate every now and then when circumstances allows me, though I won't have enough time to lap the top times :P .

Seems like I cannot participate in these challenges for a while from now on, don't have a psp to play on at the moment and I'm most likely getting a job along side with my school, which means that I'll have only little free time and that I'd probably like to spend on something else. It's a shame since I've enjoyed this event quite a bit. I'll try to participate every now and then when circumstances allows me, though I won't have enough time to lap the top times :P .

It was great to have you as part of the group, Spiral! Please feel free to stop on by any time and say 'hi' or run or few laps. It was an honor to race with you!

:)

all my files corrupted this morning as my PSP crashed while browsing GTPSP thread. I have to run quick laps just to beat today's deadline.
Very unfortunate. I just lost my 1'03.710 and '57.820.

:(

WTAC Week 35
Course: Tsukuba Circuit / Forward

Hi friends! My personal best this week was 0'57.820 and 1'03.710 but I just discovered that My files got corrupted just this morning before preparing it to be submitted. My GTsave data and all replays were corrupted together with almost 80percent of all my files. So I have to format my memstick and revert back my files as of last Friday.I did some quick laps this afternoon but failed to repeat the faster times.So unfortunate...
:(

See you guys on the next challenge.

My times this week:
Vehicle: NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03
Time: 0'58.207
Professional
R1 / R1
nismo.png

Vehicle: Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (Z33) '05
Time: 1'04.774
Professional
S2 / S2
350zp.png

Combined Time: 2'02.981

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BA65C0F8200.rar
    52.6 KB · Views: 4
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BA65C0F8201.rar
    52.5 KB · Views: 4
My times:

Fairlady Z Z-Tune: 57.265

2401110922.jpg

350Z GT4 LTD: 1'03.791

2401110924.jpg

Got no time now see you later!...:)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BA65C0F8200.rar
    52.5 KB · Views: 4
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BA65C0F8202.rar
    52.6 KB · Views: 4
This past week was about 'seconds'. It was the second week in a row that MVR08 has competed and the second week in a row in which he has won. It also marks the second week in which Dan has finished in second place! Third place was won by pvr77 for the second time in the past two weeks... he put in yet another very strong effort to reach the podium. It was also the second week in a row in which we didn't have Spiral, Sylar, or easyasashii racing with us.

Spiral has informed us that he'll be unable to join us for the foreseeable future - we were glad to have him and hope he'll stop by when ever he is able. As far as easyasashii and Sylar go, I'm sure they (just like Spiral) had real-life commitments that popped up. We all understand those and look forward to their return!

Now, onto the overall standings: Dan continues to hold on to 1st place... but MVR08 has been gaining ground these past two weeks. red ice and pvr77 are now tied for 4th place with twelve points each. If it wasn't for red ice's unfortunate corrupt files (I've dealt with that myself!), he'd be tied for 3rd place.

----------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08#### (2'01.056)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Dan360##.l. (2'01.081)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - pvr77####.l (2'01.395)###[6 pts]

4th - Detroitbb #######.###l (2'02.037)###[5 pts]

5th - red ice ############l (2'02.981)###[4 pts]

----------------------

Current session points leaders: