GTP WTAC Week 45 : Non-American Muscle (sort of)

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 25 comments
GTP WTAC Week 45 : Non-American Muscle (sort of)

*** For Week 45, I chose two muscle cars that aren't American. Well, that is only sort of true - the FPV is actually a Ford product and the Jensen uses a Chrysler engine, but one is produced for the Australian/New Zealand market and the other was an English product. But both are big, heavy, V8 muscle cars with gobs of torque and horsepower. The FPV GT has slightly more HP and a better modern suspension system, but the Jensen Interceptor MkIII has a much more torque and weighs slightly less. It'll be interesting to see which automobile is faster and able to effectively transfer all that power (via the S2 tires) to the tarmac! ***

1. Track : Tokyo Route 246 (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : FPV GT '04 & Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74

fpvx.jpg
l
jensen.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday March 28th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday April 4th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday April 4th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Dan360######ll32
2nd #-l pvr77#######lll26
2nd #-l MVR08#######l26#
small_up_arrow.gif

2nd #-l Detroitbb#####ll26#
small_up_arrow.gif

5th #l-l easyasashii###&l23#
small_down_arrow.gif

6th #l-l red ice######llll14#
small_down_arrow.gif

7th #l-l sausages####..ll11
8th #l-l Donfuy#######..6
9th #l-l bigllama93#####.l2#
small_down_arrow.gif

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I must say that the Jensen Interceptor is a bitch to handle with S2 tires. Specially on the tight zones of this track. In another bitchin' news, the Shuto-ko corner has been the hardest corner for me.

I still don't have the FPV, though. Am waiting for it to show up. Does anyone know how much it costs? (just for prevention)

I still don't have the FPV, though. Am waiting for it to show up. Does anyone know how much it costs? (just for prevention)

In my North American/US version of the game, the FPV GT '04 costs 48,640 credits. Hopefully it's the same for you.

:)

Managed to do a lap or two today, don't think I'll have much time for this week's challenge, not even over the weekend...

FPV GT - 1'58.high
Jensen - 2'02.high

Everyone's so quiet this week....

After some tuning, I was able to drop my FPV GT's time down to 1'57.3xx. With a similar tuning setup, I got my Jensen Interceptor's time down to 2'00.9xx. I didn't check the replays, but they felt clean at the time (so I'll keep my fingers crossed for good luck when I check them tonight).

My first times are:

Jensen - 2'00.1xx
FPV - 1'58.3xx

I need to work on the FPV since I only ran a quick session with it. I was too busy trying to get a clean 1'59.xxx lap from the Interceptor.

I managed to get the Jensen into the 1'59 zone. My lap is a bit scruffy but still clean. The FPV is very calm considering it as a muscle car.

FPV GT - 1'56.493
FPV.jpg

Jensen Interceptor MkIII - 1'59.962
Jensen.jpg

Combined time: 3'56.555

Attachments

• FPV.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Jensen.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 5
As usual, I am leaving a bit of time out on the track (1 or 2 tenths). I wasn't sure that I was going to like driving these cars, but both turned out to be fun. So, all in all, I think it was a fairly good week for me.

FPV GT: 1'57.107

fpvj.jpg

Jensen Interceptor MkIII: 2'00.666

jensenn.jpg

combined time: 3'57.773

I'll see you all back in California!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B5C4C909600.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B5C4C909601.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 6
Here's my ''entry'', this one is just not to get a DNQ, I really just drove around the track without hitting the sides.👎

FVP GT '04 - 2'04.220
frmbuf008u.png

Jensen Interceptor - 2'07.070
frmbuf007.png

Total time - 4'11.290 :ouch:

Attachments

• FVP-GT.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Jensen.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 5
High speed track.. Heavy muscle cars...:ill: and the frustration begins..:scared::lol:

Now seriously, the FPV is kind of easy to tame (although it show his wildness if you push it hard) but the Interceptor is simple impossible to drive on this track without stiffening the suspension so I wasted most of the time finding the correct setting for this car, and still think I let things to do..

FPV GT '04: 1'56.147
0304112303.jpg

Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74: 1'59.808
0304112304.jpg

Total Time: 3'55.955

👍

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B5C4C909604.rar
    52.9 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B5C4C909602.rar
    56.2 KB · Views: 5
Here's my ''entry'', this one is just not to get a DNQ, I really just drove around the track without hitting the sides.

Me too, only done 2x 1 hour session (1 per car) with L-F Stock Tuning...

Here it is :

Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74 : 2'02.924

FPV GT '04 : 1'58.670

Total : 4'01.594

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B963F590D01.rar
    53.1 KB · Views: 5
  • UCES01245RPLY-B963F590D03.rar
    53.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
^ Sorry guys I can't upload my pictures nor open the .rar files to see my times ... I'm not sure but I remember :

- 2'02.924 for the Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74 :scared:
- 1'58.670 for the FPV GT '04 :scared:

total : 4'01.594

My apologies guys for this unprofessional submission :ouch:, I just moved out, don't have internet at home yet :grumpy:...

See you next week...

My apologies guys for this unprofessional submission :ouch:, I just moved out, don't have internet at home yet :grumpy:...

Go to a local library, an internet cafe or even McDonalds! (there's a free wi-fi spot in most stores in the UK but I'm not sure about France). I hope that you can get home internet soon!

Don't worry about it, easyasashii. I got your PM earlier and will still accept your submission after I verify everything tonight. I should then be able to post the final standings for this week (and the overall leaderboards) tomorrow morning.

Week 45 at Tokyo. A big win for MVR08 (by slightly over half a second) and a much needed 8 points added to his total. Dan360 nets another second place finish and retains his hold on 1st overall.

Speaking of the overall standings, MVR08 has now moved solely into 2nd place, bumping pvr77 and myself down to 3rd & 4th places.

Congratulations!

----------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08###.l (3'55.955)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Dan360##.lll (3'56.555)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - Detroitbb#..l (3'57.773)###[6 pts]
###____________________________________

### 4th - easyasashii# (4'01.594)###[5 pts]

### 5th - pvr77####.l (4'11.290)###[4 pts]

----------------------

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Dan360######.l39
2nd #-l MVR08######l..34#
small_up_arrow.gif

3rd #l-l Detroitbb#####ll32#
small_down_arrow.gif

4th #l-l pvr77########30#
small_down_arrow.gif

5th #l-l easyasashii###&l28
6th #l-l red ice######llll14
7th #l-l sausages####..ll11
8th #l-l Donfuy#######..6
9th #l-l bigllama93#####.l2

----------------------

Go to a local library, an internet cafe or even McDonalds! (there's a free wi-fi spot in most stores in the UK but I'm not sure about France). I hope that you can get home internet soon!

Thanks 👍

My laptop's screen is dead so I'm using it like a desktop one -but no internet-, I was in a internet cafe but I just found out that the problem was that my two pictures are corrupted files ! I'll try again tomorrow !

Back