GTP WTAC Week 63 : Another 'Go Fast' Challenge

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 28 comments
GTP WTAC Week 63 : Another 'Go Fast' Challenge

*** 'Cien', in Spanish, means '100' - this name was chosen for this 2002 concept because it was to celebrate Cadillac's 100th anniversary. The real workable car actually produced 950 HP and 950 ft lbs of torque from it's 7.2 liter V12 engine. But, for some odd reason, the Gran Turismo version only has 750 HP and 450 ft lbs of torque. That will actually work in our favor as an extra 200 HP and 500 ft lbs of torque would make the car very difficult to handle (especially considering that this is a rear-wheel drive vehicle). By the way, Cadillac was named after the famed 17th century Frenchman who founded Fort Pontchartrain in present-day Detroit in 1701. The Tommy Kaira ZZII is one of my favorite cars from GT4. This light weight, 4WD automobile never made it beyond the prototype stage... and that's a shame. Only one exists in the real world, so we should take advantage of this special piece of automotive history being a part of our virtual world. It is actually a close relative of the ASL Garaiya as Tommy Kaira was bought by Autobacs and the design of the ZZII was used as a template for the Garaiya. The ZZII, being 4WD, will be the easy car to drive in this event... the Cien, an FR monster, will be the one that challenges our driving skills. I hope you all will enjoy this special WTAC week! ***

1. Track : Fuji Speedway '90

picture.php

2. Cars : Cadillac CIEN Concept '02 & Tommykaira ZZII '00

cienq.jpg
l
zzii.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday August 1st 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday August 8th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday August 8th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

Last edited:
My 1st Year Anniversary in GTPlanet! Wow! Time flies really fast!
Good luck all for this week's challenge. :)

lol 1'35"xx with Audi R8 LMS s2 tire,it was a preparation for the CIEN :P,both MR supercars,but I found it was already tough to handle a 500hp MR one :indiff:

lol 1'35"xx with Audi R8 LMS s2 tire,it was a preparation for the CIEN :P,both MR supercars,but I found it was already tough to handle a 500hp MR one :indiff:

You can try using some Traction Control (TCS). It'll help keep the car a bit more stable, but that stability comes at the cost of slight bit of speed. Give the TCS a try!

By the way, I nudged my Cien time down to 1'30.9xx and got my ZZII time down to 1'30.4xx.

If I can properly harness all of the Cien's power, I think that will be the faster car in this challenge.

I got an used ps2 and want to pratice it on the GT4,but it seemed that it need to do some efforts to unlock this two one in the arcade mode :P And I found that the tires in GT4 are like bricks.

I got an used ps2 and want to pratice it on the GT4,but it seemed that it need to do some efforts to unlock this two one in the arcade mode :P And I found that the tires in GT4 are like bricks.

I don't think you can unlock any cars for GT4's arcade mode. I believe (though I'm not 100% certain) that the cars that are unlocked in the arcade mode at the beginning are all you get in that particular mode.

The physics model for GT4 is different than GT PSP, so they will feel different even when you use the same cars on the same tracks.

But I still use my PS2 for photo mode. In fact, I just got done taking some pictures that I'll post in a few minutes!

:)

Wat a amazing time you got,friend!I‘m now get addicted to the DS2 controller in GT4's licence center,I should spare some time to run on psp :P

Bad news guys. My PSP's memory stick doesn't work any more :(. I tried formatting it from the PSP and from the PC but neither worked. I'm considering buying another memory card if I can't fix my current one. So sadly I can't compete this week. :grumpy:

But.... Before my memory stick went kaput I backed-up my save data and ran one session with both cars. My times were 1'30.3xx with the Cien and 1'30.2xx with the ZZII.

In arcade mode you start with around 180 cars (I think), the rest will have to be unlocked by owning it in GT Mode. The Tommykaira can be bought and the Cien must be won from the Special Conditions event (Citta di Aria on easy I believe).

As for the cars' handling in GT4, yes they handle like bricks because of the ASM. Turn it off in the settings menu, before you are about to start a race, and the problem should be solved. 👍

1'34.xxx with the ZZII
I can't seem to get the proper lines in this track. Its just to wide, i get confused easily of braking points.

Dan360
In arcade mode you start with around 180 cars (I think), the rest will have to be unlocked by owning it in GT Mode. The Tommykaira can be bought and the Cien must be won from the Special Conditions event (Citta di Aria on easy I believe).

As for the cars' handling in GT4, yes they handle like bricks because of the ASM. Turn it off in the settings menu, before you are about to start a race, and the problem should be solved. 👍

Thx for your suggest I will take it. About the physics,I usually off any driving assist when playing,it really has some differences between Gt4 and the portable one,especially the tire does.

Last edited:
1'34.xxx with the ZZII
I can't seem to get the proper lines in this track. Its just to wide, i get confused easily of braking points.

Yeah,feel the same,espeicially for the cien,it's hard to controll the braking at the 1st conner.Before that the cien gets over 180mph and if press the brake too hard will cause the wheels lock and rush out of track.It's really a tough challenge to my thumb :boggled:

This was a close battle between the two cars (at least for me it was close). One day the Cien would be faster - the next would see the ZZII be faster... and the day after that, the Cien would again be faster. I certainly was able to drive the ZZII much more aggressively due to it's 4WD setup. But the Cien just had so much more power. The hard part was keeping the back end from sliding out and transferring all that power to the tarmac.

Cadillac Cien: 1'30.239

30239.jpg

Tommy Kaira ZZII: 1'30.380

30380.jpg

combined time: 3'00.619

:gtpflag:

Week 64 will take place again in Japan on yet another famous circuit...

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BFC7E3FA800.zip
    54.2 KB · Views: 8
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BFC7E3FA801.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 7
Tough,tough,tough,really tough challenge,cien with s3 is quite unbalanced to handle,hope Detroitbb can check my ghost and help me improve my technique.I watch your ghost,It seems that you can contribute the power to the tarmac well and drive really fast!👍

CIEN 1'33.466

62520257201108082004252241542509118_000.jpg

Tommykaira ZII 1'33.056

62520257201108082004252241542509118_001.jpg

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BFC7E3FA802.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BFC7E3FA803.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Very good challenge this week. Both cars are pretty even on this track it could be fun to see a battle from this cars there you know with the Cien being faster on the straights and the ZZII caching up on the corners so because of that and the good pics I´ll give you "Cien" calification points! this week Detroit.

Cadillac Cien: 1´29.560
0708112356.jpg

Tommykaira ZII: 1´29.469
0708112354.jpg

Total Time: 2´59.029

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BFC7E3FA800.rar
    52.6 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BFC7E3FA804.rar
    52.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Tough,tough,tough,really tough challenge,cien with s3 is quite unbalanced to handle,hope Detroitbb can check my ghost and help me improve my technique.I watch your ghost,It seems that you can contribute the power to the tarmac well and drive really fast!👍

If you think I was fast, you should check out MVR08's ghost replays! He's truly fast!

A great win for MVR08 this week! He was able to get a sub-3 minute combined time for this challenge - pretty impressive! But we've come to expect 'impressive' racing from MVR08!

I also want to congratulate fazamu0079 for getting third place in this challenge. Good job and enjoy your bronze medal!

We missed a few regulars this week, but we are sure to see them for the next challenge.

----------------------------------------------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08####. (2'59.029)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Detroitbb#$.l (3'00.619)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - fazamu0079&l (3'06.522)###[6 pts]
###

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08#######l8
2nd #-l Detroitbb#####)7
3rd #l-l fazamu0079###.l6

:gtpflag:

Have watched MVR08's ghost,he shift well to gain a good speed,I should not down shift to the 2nd gear,it's hard to regain grip in that gear :indiff:

MVR08 he likes to loose throttle to conner,diferent from me,I'd like to do"tap tap tap" to maitan the speed while connering,maybe because I only drive those low or middle power sportscars like NSX and those ways don't suit for supercars :dunce:

Sorry guys. Forgot about the deadline. I was so caught up at work this week and didn't even had the chance to run ng Cadillac. :(

Back