GTP WTAC Week 64 : Hello, My Name Is... CIVIC (Race Edition)

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 22 comments
GTP WTAC Week 64 : Hello, My Name Is... CIVIC (Race Edition)

*** I really have no further information than you can find on your PSP in the 'details' section (blue button on the bottom right side of the screen) for each car. But I can say that both are lightweight versions of the Civic specifically tuned to attack race circuits. These are two more examples of cars that I haven't yet used in GT PSP, but I did test the 1987 version (the boxy one) in GT4 sometime after that game came out... and it was surprisingly peppy and responsive. I assume that the late-90s version (Gathers Drider) is also quick and handles well too. I guess I'll find out soon enough! ***

1. Track : Suzuka Circuit

picture.php

2. Cars : Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Race Car ’87 & Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car ’98

motul.jpg
l
gathers.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday August 8th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday August 15th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday August 15th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08#######l8
2nd #-l Detroitbb#####)7
3rd #l-l fazamu0079###.l6

----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
oh WOW! I love these 2 cars! Been using them alot in GT5 online races. These are my FEELGOOD race cars!

uhh...The Suzuka,a circuit of much difficulty.It would be tough for me. In fact I prefer to hold a light match such as driving the civic typeR in some interesting circuit like autumn ring or motorland II. That would be fun to see that kind of match :D

By the way,I remember Keiichi Tsuchiya had said that Civic was the most balanced FF.It must be a wonderful car ; )

Suzuka is very difficult! But driving well on it is quite rewarding!

I got my '87 Civic time down to 1'19.4xx and the '98 Civic down to 1'24.0xx.

I think I've been mis-quoting my times as 1 minute and XX.XXX seconds instead of 2 minutes and XX.XXX seconds... oops!

Anyway, I did see some further improvement: 2'19.1xx with the Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Race Car ’87 ---&--- 2'23.7xx with the Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car ’98

sorry i haven't been around lately, i've been on holiday. Also, i don't have these two cars, so i'll be back doing this on monday.

Course: Suzuka Circuit / Forward
Vehicle: Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car '87
Time: 2'21.344
Professional
R1 / R1

screenshot1181514823412.jpg

Vehicle: Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98
Time: 2'26.192
Professional
R1 / R1

screenshot1181514630184.jpg

Combined Time: 4'47.536.

Enjoy the consecutive S curves and the 90' degree turns. I seems Mugen is more understeer than Gathers Driver, which made me change the back Toe to -0.5. However, these records are achieved with guideline enable...I would like to turn it off if I have more time to practice.
See you guys next week.

Attachments

• MUGEN_MOTUL_87.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Gathers_Drider_98.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 6
Nice times, vaughan!

I'm going to put another night into trying to reduce my laptimes and just post my ghost replays/photos tomorrow morning.

Vehicle: Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car '87
Time: 2'21.344
Professional
R1 / R1

screenshot1181514823412.jpg

Vehicle: Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98
Time: 2'26.192
Professional
R1 / R1

screenshot1181514630184.jpg

how do you get those pics from the PSP onto the net

it's all very well me competing in these challenges, but first i need to know

how to capture the pic

how to get it onto the web

it's all very well me competing in these challenges, but first i need to know

how to capture the pic

how to get it onto the web

Oh, sorry... I though you were talking about my other pictures!

You'll need to be saving your ghost replays for each car in a given week (make sure you save the 'ghost replay' and not the normal replay). The screen you see us taking a picture of is from the PSP's XMB - it's the first part you go to when turning on your PSP. Go to 'saved data' and find you GT PSP ghost replay... then hit the triangle button. Select 'info' or 'information' and you'll be taken to the screen that we need to validate your submission. The photo is either taken with a regular camera/or a phone's camera (some people have even used a web cam or laptop camera). It's important to make sure the car, track, tire choice, and physics choice are all on the screen before taking the photo. I should mention that some people have custom firmware that allows them to take screenshots from within their PSP... but I can't elaborate on that since I can't do it on the PSP that I use. It looks like vaughan's photos are true screenshots (you can tell because they look just like they would on your PSP).

Now make sure you take one photo for each car in the challenge. Then find a free photo-hosting site and upload each photo. You'll be given a code to your photos and you can either use the code as it is or press the 'insert image' icon when typing a message here at GTPlanet (make sure you choose 'Go Advanced' instead of doing a 'Quick Reply').

To upload your actual ghost replay, you'll need to connect your PSP to a computer and transfer the ghost replay files to a computer's desktop. Once you have both, you need to put them each into their own ZIP file (on a PC, you can right click on your mouse and their should be an option to save an archive as a ZIP file). Once both are Zipped, you upload them to your post with the photos here at GTPlanet (again, make sure you are still in the 'Go Advanced' message area when replying to a thread) by choosing the 'Manage Attachments' button just below the box in which you type your messages. A pop-up box will appear and you click on 'Browse...' and select one of your zipped ghost replay files. Then go to the next 'Browse...' button and select the other ghost replay. After that, click 'Upload' and it should ready them to both be put in your post.

Finish typing your message (take note on how we do it: add you times for each car and calculate your combined times) and then click 'Submit Reply' or hit 'Preview Post' if you'd like to see it first before posting. And that should do it!

I hope you explains it for you! If not, I'm sure someone else will chime in to give you a hand (I'll be running out for the evening and won't be back online until tomorrow morning).

:)

My GT4 progress,slow but quite enjoy it :P Can you guys see my photos?:rolleyes:

62520257201108151101302663385983460_000.jpg
62520257201108151110093331168448381_000.jpg

62520257201108151110093331168448381_002.jpg
62520257201108151110093331168448381_001.jpg

62520257201108151101302663385983460_003.jpg

I will post my lap later,I found I forgot to buy the 87' one :ill:

Last edited:
Oh, sorry... I though you were talking about my other pictures!:)
Your other pictures are also pretty:)
Custom Firmware is handy for ones who has no cameras of any kinds like me:nervous:. I use CFW 500M33-6 + ISOTOOL + FreeCheater(which actually makes screenshots)
http://imageshack.us/ is a website where you can upload your screenshots.
To locate the right GhostReplay folder is always a frustrating job. Here is a link for you to refer, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3614313&postcount=408.

Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Race Car ’87: 2'19.162

19162.jpg

Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car ’98: 2'23.722

23722.jpg

combined time: 4'42.884

I hope to see everyone in Italy!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E700.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E701.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 6
Or these cars are as well balanced as people says or my tuning just sucks!
I could not improve my initial times by much really haha!

Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Race Car ’87: 2´17.334
1508110225.jpg

Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car ’98: 2´22.472
1508110224.jpg

Total Time: 4´39.806

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E701.rar
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E702.rar
    52.8 KB · Views: 8
For our Honda Civic challenge (the 'Race Edition'), MVR08 showed why he's one of the WTAC Hall Of Fame racers! His combined time was under the 4'40 mark and I'm sure he did so with only a minimum of effort! I know I say this a lot but... congratulations on your win, MVR!

Taking home 3rd place this week was vaughan (welcome back!). It was great to see him back on the track - and on the podium! Congratulations, vaughan!

Honorable mention this week goes out to fazamu0079, who didn't have a final submission for this week's challenge, but was still here with us!

We're still missing a bunch of regular racers, but it is the summer months in the Northern Hemisphere (where most of us WTAC'ers live). That coupled with work/school/families means that our competitors have been fewer than we'd like to see. Hopefully this is just a temporary situation.

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08####. (4'39.806)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Detroitbb#$.l (4'42.884)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - vaughan###. (4'47.536)###[6 pts]
###

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08#######l16
2nd #-l Detroitbb#####)14
3rd #l-l fazamu0079####(6###(tied for 3rd)
3rd #l-l vaughan######lll6###(tied for 3rd)

:gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back