GTP WTAC Week 67 : Trevcar Motors -> TVR Engineering -> TVR

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 15 comments
GTP WTAC Week 67 : Trevcar Motors -> TVR Engineering -> TVR

*** In 1946, Trevor Wilkinson bought a local wheel repair business and renamed in Trevcar Motors in 1947. Later in 1947, Mr. Wilkinson built his first car and started TVR Engineering. The company went through one more name change in 1954 to the present-day TVR. And in 1962, the founder left the company and retired to Minorca, Spain (he died there in 2008). The ownership then finally was transferred in 1965 to a gentleman by the name of Martin Lilley and remained under his control until being sold to a TVR enthusiast in 1981 by the name of Peter Wheeler. It is in this era that all the TVR cars in this game are from. He was key in helping to shape all the bodies of the TVR cars while under his ownership and, judging from the world reaction, he did a great job. His passion for these cars and the brand could never be called into question. In 2004, Mr. Wheeler sold the company to a 24 year old Russian and TVR has ever since been in turmoil. The company was split up into multiple companies and sold off. Most of the car's production was moved to Turin, Italy with only the engine factory remaining in the United Kingdom. While TVR isn't officially dead, it is certainly on life-support and car enthusiasts are left with the hope the company can climb back to the day in which TVR inspired the automotive world. ***

1. Track : Nurburgring Nordschleife

picture.php

2. Cars : TVR V8S ’91 & TVR Tuscan Speed 6 ’00

v8sy.jpg
l
speedsix.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday August 29th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday September 5th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday September 5th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08#######l32
2nd #-l Detroitbb#####)28
3rd #l-l vaughan#####.ll12
4th #l-l fazamu0079####(6

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I got a clean 8'15.8xx with the V8S last night.

After that, I attempted to use the Tuscan Speed 6 and was well on my way to a lap that was about 4 or 5 seconds faster than my previous time, but I ended up going off-track into the grass. I didn't attempt a second lap and just shut the PSP off for the evening. I'll try it again tonight!

I did some laps yesterday with the Tuscan Speed 6 (with a 5 speed transmission) and my initial time was 7´40.740. I think with tuning I can get a 7´35. or even slower than that.

Here are some pics of the Ring and others not related..

This pic I call it "Welcome to The Green Hell"
nrburgringnordschleife1p.jpg

Can you see a pattern here?
screen88j.jpg

nrburgring24h23.jpg

nrburgring24h3n.jpg

nrburgring24h25.jpg

nrburgring24h18e.jpg

nrburgring24h27.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife2jj.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife2fr.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1nji.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1od.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife9.jpg

nrburgring24h15.jpg

nrburgringtypev8.jpg

This is a recreation by me of an IGN's old pic that I really liked.
tokyor246f.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20092h.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20093gs.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20096u.jpg

tsukubacircuitu.jpg

..The END.

Such beautiful shots!

I especially loved seeing the Falken Skyline! That's another car that we need to try out in the WTAC...

I only ran the Tuscan Speed 6 last night and did get about four seconds faster than my previous best lap. I'm now at 7'48.xxx with that car and my 8'15.xxx time with the TVR V8S still stands.

I did try to improve my TVR V8S laptime, but I went off-track in each attempt (tried about seven or eight times). Eventually, I got frustrated and just went to bed. I'm still debating whether I should just post my laps now or try one last time this evening (and post in the morning).

TVR V8S: 8'15.886

15886.jpg

TVR Tuscan Speed 6: 7'48.309

48309.jpg

combined time: 16'04.195

See you all in France!

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B63E8276D00.zip
    60.6 KB · Views: 8
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B63E8276D01.zip
    60.4 KB · Views: 6
Vehicle: TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 -- 8'37.221(unclean)

pic.php

Vehicle: TVR V8S '91 -- 9'14.032

pic.php

Combined time: 17'51.253 (unqualified...)
No time to attain an clean lap with TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00. And it's much more slippery than the other...:grumpy:
See you next week.

Attachments

• TVR V8S.zip
    56.6 KB · Views: 6
  • TVR Tuscan Speed 6.zip
    56.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I could not make it, sorry guys.

I had my times ready but could not post them I was pretty content with what I got, a 7'59.xxx with the V8S (fun to watch:tup:) and a 7'33.xxx with the Tuscan. BTW my favorite TVR is the Cerbera Speed 6.

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B63E8276D06.rar
    117.5 KB · Views: 7

Latest Posts

Back