GTP WTAC Week 70 : Sports Car Festival

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 26 comments
GTP WTAC Week 70 : Sports Car Festival

*** Not much to say here - we're going to use two sports cars with similar specifications. The Callaway C12 uses a slightly bigger 5.7 liter engine than the Lamborghini's 5.2 liter engine. Their output and weight are relatively similar and their performance on-track should also be somewhat proportionate. Not having driven either car, I can't comment on which is likely to be faster. We'll see though... ***

1. Track : Grand Valley Speedway (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : Callaway C12 '03 & Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88

c12xp.jpg
l
lambodc.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday September 19th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday September 26th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday September 26th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

Last edited:
While I expected the Lamborghini Countach to be a bit faster (it has a little more HP and a lot more torque), I was shocked to see it be about five seconds faster than the Callaway C12. Part of that is the handling - I was losing a lot of grip to the rear tires in the C12 and sliding. And for the most part in racing, sliding is bad. The Countach is much more stable and user-friendly. This stability means that it is easier to drive aggressively.

My goal this week will be to get the Callaway C12's time to within three seconds of the Lamborghini Countach. I don't know if I can do it, but I'll try!

Three laps with each car - Lamborghini Countach: 2'09.2xx / Callaway C12: 2'13.9xx

I'm adding both ghosts if anyone wants to race against them.

Attachments

• Callaway C12.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Lamborghini Countach.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I actually havnt tried the c12 yet, ive been experiencing alot of tail slide with the lamborghini O_o my replay shows me drifting at almost every corner >< i gotta fix this before anything hahaha

I actually havnt tried the c12 yet, ive been experiencing alot of tail slide with the lamborghini O_o my replay shows me drifting at almost every corner >< i gotta fix this before anything hahaha

It's way, way worse with the Callaway C12. This is going to challenge me a lot because I have a bad habit of giving it full throttle (holding the X button) before the car is completely straight. I either have to wait until the car is straight on the track or just 'tap - pause - tap - pause - tap' until the car fully straightens out.

ahahaha well i generally drift when i race, so i usually hit the throttle entering a corner, or during the turn >< hahaha

So hard to improve the record of Callaway..
Perhaps it's possible for me to push Lamborghini down within 2'10.:) But not today, all my energy drained off.

Final times for Week 70...

Callaway C12: 2'10.790

10790y.jpg

Lamborghini Countach: 2'07.452

07452t.jpg

combined time: 4'18.242

Next week will be on a dirt rally track in Switzerland! We'll have both power and speed so please join us!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B6B9260A400.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 8
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B6B9260A401.zip
    55 KB · Views: 8
No improvement today. Download your final ghost to check.
I felt there are many points where I can be a littler more fast, but I failed when I held my psp in my hand... It seems I did very well in the last several corners in my 2'10.031 lap but could not repeat it any more...:ouch:

Your lap with Lamborghini is pretty stable !👍
I post my lap to make a contrast and eager to receive some advice~~~

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B6B9260A407.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 23
No improvement today. Download your final ghost to check.
I felt there are many points where I can be a littler more fast, but I failed when I held my psp in my hand... It seems I did very well in the last several corners in my 2'10.031 lap but could not repeat it any more...:ouch:

Let me know if any of my ghost replays were not clean (I didn't check before uploading them), ok?

👍

Pretty good lap! One thing I noticed is that you took turn 3 a bit slower than you could. If you were all the way to the right side of the track (you were closer to the middle) before starting your turn-in for turn 3, you could take it with full (or almost full) throttle. Other than that, the only things possibly slowing you down would be the slight oversteering/spinning of the tires while trying to straighten the car after turn 6 (and in a couple of other spots). But those only slow a driver down by a tenth of a second or so.

All in all, a pretty good job!

Here are my tuning setups that I used:

Callaway C12

Ride Height: front -11 / rear -10
Spring Rate: front 8 / rear 7
Damper: front 6 / rear 5
Toe: front 0 / rear 0
Camber Angle: front 2.0 / rear 1.0

Lamborghini Countach

Ride Height: front -14 / rear -13
Spring Rate: front 7 / rear 7
Damper: front 5 / rear 5
Toe: front 0 / rear 0
Camber Angle: front 2.0 / rear 1.0

My Entry...

Callaway C12: 2'08.913
screen2ao.jpg

Lamborghini Countach: 2'04.721
screen1uv.jpg

Total: 4'13.634

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    106.3 KB · Views: 8
With the conclusion of Week 70, we have finished the first challenge in the current racing session. And, of course, we have our old mainstay at the top - MVR08! Congratulations!

Achieving another podium finish this week was vaughan! He's making himself feel right at home on the podium... and that's a good thing! Nice job!

PsYk0Wo1F and nascarlemanslmp didn't submit a time for this week's event, but we hope to see them compete in Week 71's rally challenge!

----------------------------------------------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08####. (4'13.634)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Detroitbb#$.l (4'18.242)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - vaughan###. (4'24.062)###[6 pts]

*Honorable mention goes out to PsYk0Wo1F and nascarlemanslmp.

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08#######l8
2nd #-l Detroitbb#####)7
3rd #l-l vaughan#####.ll6

:gtpflag:

Back