GTP WTAC Week 71 : Killer B's (Part Two)

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 25 comments
GTP WTAC Week 71 : Killer B's (Part Two)

*** The WRC's (World Rally Championship) legendary Group B - aka 'Killer B's' - were responsible for the golden age of rally racing. The nearly regulation-free class excited fans and brought much media attention, but the cars were expensive to produce and race for the factory teams. And the extreme level of power these cars packed into their engine bays made the sport quite deadly on a number of occasions. Obviously, FIA ended Group B in the later 80's and cemented those few years as a magical, and sometimes fatal, part of automotive history. ***

1. Track : Swiss Alps (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car ’86 & Lancia DELTA S4 Rally Car ’85

92089946.jpg
l
48608368.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: DRT / DRT
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday September 26th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday October 3rd 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday October 3rd 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08#######l8
2nd #-l Detroitbb#####)7
3rd #l-l vaughan#####.ll6

----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I'll give each car a couple of laps around the Swiss Alps tonight - though I fully expect to spin out in a couple of spots and even slam into a wall/barrier at some point!

Lancia: 1'42.733
Peugeot: 1'47.200 with one spin i recovered using reverse xD
This is gonna take some practice hahaha
EDIT: fml i forgot to save the replays too -.-

Last edited:
Driving on gravel land with professional simulation is even harder than icy land... crash all the time.....................

1'42.753 with Peugeot. Wish to below 1'40 in the week end.
1'40.875 with lancia. Prefer to below 1'38.

Last edited:
1'38.9xx (Peugeot 205 Turbo 16)

1'36.5xx (Lancia DELTA S4)

It goes without saying that rally events are not my forté, but I do enjoy driving in them!

I enjoy watching the heavy dust:)
Peugeot becomes violently unstable when I less throttle from full. Puzzled.

Last edited:
Got a luck to make a 1'38.9xx record with Peugeot.
Higher the rear aero-downforce to 23 helped me control the car a little better than before.

I'm realistic about my rally racing ability (or lack thereof), so I am submitting my times now. I love rally events; I just stink at them!

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car ’86: 1'38.766

38766.jpg

Lancia DELTA S4 Rally Car ’85: 1'36.185

36185.jpg

combined time: 3'14.951

:)

See you on the mountain for some sort of a trial...

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BD915607400.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BD915607401.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 6
Vehicle: Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86
Time: 1'38.331

pic.php

Vehicle: Lancia DELTA S4 Rally Car '85
Time: 1'36.881

pic.php

Combined time: 3'15.212

Attachments

• lancia.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 6
  • peugeot.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 6
My Entry...

Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86: 1`32.294
screen1xe.jpg

Lancia DELTA S4 Rally Car '85: 1`29.939
screen2rm.jpg

Total: 3´02.233.

With MVR08's mistaken submission (forgot to attach/upload his ghost replay files), vaughan and I move up a position. Congratulations for winning the silver, vaughan!

PsYk0Wo1F and nascarlemanslmp both competed with us this week, but also forgot to make a submission before the deadline. There is always next week, guys!

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - Detroitbb#$.l (3'14.951)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - vaughan### (3'15.212)###[7 pts]

*Honorable mention goes out to PsYk0Wo1F, nascarlemanslmp, and MVR08.

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Detroitbb#####)15#
small_up_arrow.gif

2nd #-l vaughan#####.ll13#
small_up_arrow.gif

3rd #l-l MVR08#######$l8#
small_down_arrow.gif