GTP WTAC Week 75 : Obscure Sports Cars

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 18 comments
GTP WTAC Week 75 : Obscure Sports Cars

*** Real simple description: We're going to use two obscure sports cars. One is Belgian and the other is Korean. The European Spyker C8 will be the fastest in this event, but it will also be the hardest to control on the track. The Asian Protomotors Spirra will be a bit easier to control and drive, but won't be as fast as it's counterpart from Belgium. Come join us and see which automobile you like best! ***

1. Track : New York (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : Spyker C8 Laviolette ’01 & Protomotors SPIRRA 4.6 V8 ’04

c8laviolette3.jpg
l
spirra.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday October 24th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday October 31st 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday October 31st 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Detroitbb####)36
2nd #-l MVR08######l32
3rd #l-l vaughan####.ll25
4th #l-l red ice######lll6
5th #l-l kaori########l5

----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I made improvements last night, 1'47.700 time only playing with ride height and spring settings so toe and camber is what comes next. I'm looking for a time of 1'46.xxx, its a lot of time to shave but you need to put the bar high to really challenge yourself.

Yeah!
Spyker: 1'46.800 with both ride height set to -20, Spring 7/6, Damper 8/7 and toe 0.

Spirra: 1'51.340.
No idea about how to control a MR. Cannot understand that the more throttle, the more stable a MR would be.

Last edited:
Spyker C8 Laviolette: 1'45.572

spykerx.jpg

Protomotors Spirra: 1'49.020

spirra.jpg

combined time: 3'34.592

I hope we can all enjoy the Mazda Furai together for the next challenge!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BDB54400800.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BDB54400801.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 8
Vehicle: Spyker C8 Laviolette '01
Time: 1'46.800

screenshot1110310282525.jpg

Vehicle: Protomotors SPIRRA 4.6 V8 '04
Time: 1'50.319

screenshot1110310281377.jpg

Combined time: 3'37.119.

See you guys.

Attachments

• Spyker.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Protomotors.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
A little bit busy this past weekend celebrating a close-friend's birthday, and I could not run again with the Spirra so my time didn't change. I could only run one session with the Spyker so that lap is a little bit rushed. I even bought the DLC packs for GT5 a couple of days ago and have not used them yet, so I have something to do for next week!!

Protomotors SPIRRA 4.6 V8 '04: 1'47.700
screen2du.jpg

Spyker C8 Laviolette '01: 1'44.318
screen1wox.jpg

Total Time: 3'33.018

👍

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    105.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I just realized that the 'Sound Of The Wind' challenge (with the Mazda Furai) will the the last one of the current racing session!

MVR08, with limited racing time, takes 1st place again - congratulations!

Earning the bronze this week was vaughan with a very respectable time of 3'37. Good job, vaughan!

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08####. (3'33.018)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Detroitbb#$.l (3'34.592)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - vaughan###. (3'37.119)###[6 pts]

Current session points leaders: