GTP WTAC Week 76 : Sound Of The Wind

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 16 comments
GTP WTAC Week 76 : Sound Of The Wind

*** The Mazda Furai is the fifth and final Nagare concept car. Nagare roughly translates to 'flow' in English and these cars were envisioned to be organic-like concepts with a special emphasis in being aerodynamic and visually appealing. 'Furai' itself means 'sound of the wind'... and this car certainly appears to create some wind noise on any road surface! You might have noticed that we only have one car for this week's challenge. I'm doing something a bit different for this event. We'll be using only one car, but we'll be racing on two different tracks. So we will still have two ghost replay files and two photos to take and upload. I also made an executive decision to go with R1 tires instead of the default S3. I only really did this because this car looks more like a race car than a sports car. And, because it is so very light with high HP, I don't want competitors sliding all around the track and not having any fun just driving. ***

1. Tracks : Grand Valley East (reverse) & Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

picture.php
l
picture.php

2. Car : Mazda Furai Concept ’08

furai.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both tracks; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday October 31st 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday November 7th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday November 7th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Detroitbb####)43
2nd #-l MVR08######l40
3rd #l-l vaughan####.ll31
4th #l-l red ice######lll6
5th #l-l kaori########l5

----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
1'21.0xx at Laguna Seca.

The car is very good to drive, does not have much torque at low revs but if you can keep the car at high revs it got very good acceleration.

I had a lot of fun driving this car. So much fun that I plan to keep the Mazda Furai in 'my favorites' so I can drive it anytime I want!

Grand Valley East (reverse): 0'59.523

59523.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca: 1'21.922

21922.jpg

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC6260E9200.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BCBA0CF9A00.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 6
I had a lot of fun driving this car.

Me too!!! I had lot of fun driving this car on both tracks. Now I know what car to use for a semi-enduro race on Spa in GT5's arcade mode.💡

Laguna Seca is one of my favorite tracks ever, but is a track that I have never feel like that I can do a 'perfect' lap there. I can't say that I have master it or that I extracted every second I could out of a lap. I think that I left about .4 to .5 seconds there.

This car and track work very well together, Why would it be?:sly::)

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca: 1'19.794
screen1pw.jpg

Grand Valley East (reverse): 0'57.583
screen2de.jpg

Total Time: 2'17.377

👍

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    105.4 KB · Views: 6
Course: Grand Valley East / Reverse
Vehicle: Mazda Furai Concept '08
Time: 1'02.990

pic.php

Course: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca / Forward
Vehicle: Mazda Furai Concept '08
Time: 1'27.383

pic.php

Combined time: 2'30.373

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BCBA0CF9A04.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BC6260E9204.zip
    52.9 KB · Views: 6
The current racing session is over (we've hit the 48 point threshold)!

I just want to thank all the competitors for keeping the WTAC alive and for keeping it fun!

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08####. (2'17.377)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Detroitbb#$.l (2'21.445)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - vaughan###. (2'30.373)###[6 pts]

Current session points leaders: