GTP WTAC Week 80 : Dueling Spoons

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 11 comments
GTP WTAC Week 80 : Dueling Spoons

*** Spoon Sports was formed in 1988 in Tokyo, Japan. It is a specialty tuner of Honda automobiles and also makes specialty aftermarket parts available to the general public. The company is named for the infamous 'spoon' corner at Suzuka Circuit and has a rich, if short, history in worldwide automotive racing. We'll be using two Spoon tuned cars: an Integra Type R and an S2000. The twist on this challenge is that the Integra is front-wheel drive and the S2000 is rear-wheel drive. This will make both cars handle quite differently from one another. ***

1. Track : Deep Forest (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : Spoon INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) ’99 & Spoon S2000 Race Car ’00

integrag.jpg
l
s2000r.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday November 28th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday December 5th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday December 5th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08######l24
2nd #-l Detroitbb####)20
3rd #l-l vaughan####.ll12
4th #l-l Dan360######.7

----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I made an unclean 1'25.7xx (Integra) and I'll be posting my initial times tonight after I run a session with both cars.

After a session of around 20 laps I made a time of 1'24.8xx with the Integra. Maybe tomorow I put my hands on the S2000.

I'm sorry that I didn't share my times this week. :dunce:

Spoon S2000 Race Car - 1'17.619
S2000-1.jpg

Spoon Integra Type R - 1'25.363
Integra.jpg

Combined time: 2'42.982

Point of interest: I noticed two lap times from a previous challenge (Enzo + Zonda) then compared it to the S2000's time. The supercars may be twice as powerful but the S2000 was faster around the track by 2 seconds. :crazy:

Attachments

• S2000.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Integra.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 6
Point of interest: I noticed two lap times from a previous challenge (Enzo + Zonda) then compared it to the S2000's time. The supercars may be twice as powerful but the S2000 was faster around the track by 2 seconds. :crazy:

'Supercar Killer'

:)

The gear ratios in the S2000 were so close together that it seemed like the engine was always redlining!

Spoon Integra: 1'26.501

26501.jpg

Spoon S2000: 1'19.262

19262.jpg

combined time: 2'45.763

Next stop: Midfield Raceway!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B44C258CD00.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B44C258CD01.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 6
I could not run again the Integra because of sickness (Too much rain and cold the entire week) and this morning was when I grabbed the S2000 for a first and only session.

My entry...

Spoon Integra Type R: 1'24.827
screen2eqd.jpg

Spoon S2000 Race Car: 1'17.437
screen1mmj.jpg

Total Time: 2'42.264

:) 👍

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    104.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
MVR08 wins this event by about seven tenths of a second over Dan360. Congratulations to you both for making this challenge competitive!

We missed vaughan for the second week in a row (I'm sure he's just busy with work/school/family - we've all had those type of time constraints). We've also been without red ice for about the past four weeks. But considering that he has to borrow a PSP to even be able to compete with us, his absence isn't too shocking. In any event, I hope to see the both of them back in the action sometime soon!

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08###.ll (2'42.264)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Dan360###. (2'42.982)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - Detroitbb#$.l (2'45.763)###[6 pts]

Current session points leaders: