GTP WTAC Week 85 : American Muscle

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 29 comments
GTP WTAC Week 85 : American Muscle

*** The Chevelle SS 454 is a prototypical American musclecar - heavy with it's all steel construction and featuring a ridiculously overpowered motor (overpowered in that these cars were only meant for street driving and not racetracks). The 1971 'Cuda is actually a bit tamer than the earlier models, but it still has some pep under the hood. It's lighter weight helps to make up for it's lack of horsepower. We all should expect a fair amount of 'fishtailing' and smoking tires in this challenge! ***

1. Track : El Capitan (reverse)
elcapitan.png

picture.php

2. Cars : Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 ’70 & Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack ’71

chevellew.jpg
l
cuda.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday January 2nd 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday January 9th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday January 9th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08######l15###(tied for 1st)
1st #l-l Dan360#####$15#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 1st)
3rd #l-l Detroitbb####)12
4th #l-l vaughan#####$5

----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Got a lap time of 2'16.0xx with the Cuda, it's quite hard getting used to the car. I still haven't found the Chevy, though.

Found the Chevy, and it's a lot faster than the Cuda. I did a 2'09.3xx with stock settings, but I don't think it's fast. Does anyone have a reference time for this?

^Welcome to the TAC!

First times with default tunes:

2'08.xxx
2'06.xxx

Right now I can't remember which car had the faster time. :dunce:

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack ’71: 2'06.3xx (stock)

You need to shift early with this car, don't let it red line. The car will accelerate faster and should reach a higher top speed on the straights.

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack ’71: 2'06.3xx (stock)

You need to shift early with this car, don't let it red line. The car will accelerate faster and should reach a higher top speed on the straights.

Wow, that's a very fast lap! 👍

Strangely enough, it does reach a higher top speed. Back on my first lap I hit 185kmh just as I was about to brake, but shifting earlier, I hit 185kmh just after entering the yellow strips area.

Still need to work on the lines though, I can't really find the braking point for some corners, plus I don't know whether it's better to come in grip or sliding the car in some corners.

Great job guys! Keeping the flame alive!! nice!!

anastasis14, Petrolhead1, and Antares26
welcome to WTAC, and hope you guys enjoy the ride.

Antares26! Keep our flag up there! Mabuhay ang Pinoy! The Filipino Rocks!!
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I have to submit my times early as I don't think I be able to do so tomorrow afternoon.

Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 ’70: 2'04.197

04197.jpg

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack ’71: 2'06.479

06479.jpg

combined time: 4'10.676

We'll be hopping across the Atlantic for our next challenge!

👍

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8CF0B12A00.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8CF0B12A01.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 7
Gonna submit my times now, just to avoid rushing for it tomorrow.

Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70: 2'07.231
PCT2000.jpg

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71: 2'09.752
PCT2001.jpg

Overall combined time: 4'16.983

Not really what you call as fast time, I had a 2'06.1xx for the Chevelle and a 2'08.6xx for the Cuda but it was in all ways unclean as the car was sliding all over the place and kept drifting over the sand :ouch:

See you on the next challenge, though! :)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8CF0B12A01.zip
    55.6 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8CF0B12A00.zip
    56 KB · Views: 7
Chevy Chevelle - 2'01.303
ChevyChevelle.jpg

Plymouth Cuda - 2'02.112
PlymouthCuda.jpg

Combined time: 4'03.415

Attachments

• Plymouth Cuda.zip
    55.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Chevy Chevelle.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 8
I can't see your replays driving, anything I'm doing wrong?

Submitting time.

Last edited:
I can't see your replays driving, anything I'm doing wrong?

Submitting time.

If you can't watch the someone else's ghost replay files on your PSP, it's likely because their version of the game is different then your version.

For instance, I use the North American version (UCUS). I can't watch replay files from someone using the European copy of GT PSP (UCES), the Japanese version (UCJS), or the Asian version (UCAS). I do have someone that reviews the European ghost replay files for me - they are an ex-WTAC competitor and very familiar with the rules.

Chevy: 2'03.539
sdc12015r.jpg

Plymouth Cuda: 2'04.954
sdc12014s.jpg

There was something more into it :grumpy:

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B8CF0B12A00.zip
    111.6 KB · Views: 9
My second session with the Plymouth Cuda was a tough challenge cause I got obsessed trying to reach a time of 2'01.xxx with it. I didn't run the Chevelle in the whole week but what I learned with the Cuda translated well to the Chevelle. A time under 2 minutes is possible with the Chevelle but I only had some minutes with it.

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71: 2'01.801
screen2qrh.jpg

Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70: 2'00.735
screen1kt.jpg

Total Time: 4'02.536

👍

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    106.5 KB · Views: 8
WTAC Week 85
Great times for everyone!
as for me....
Nope! I didn't make it on time.

Best I can do after 10 laps for each car.
My times:
El Capitan-Reverse
Barracuda
2'09.838
barracudan.jpg

Chevy
2'05.846
chevyh.jpg

Combined Time:
4'15.684

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8CF0B12A00.rar
    53 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8CF0B12A01.rar
    52.9 KB · Views: 7
So close, Red!

If you would have PM'ed me, I would have allowed a time extension. That goes for any competitor - just let me know before the deadline and I'll grant a temporary extension to allow you to upload the ghost replay files and photos.

C'est la vie! There is always next week!

MVR08, after losing to Dan360 in last week's challenge, wrestled the top spot back and regained his sole-occupation of 1st place in the overall points standings. MVR08 won the challenge by less than a second in a pretty tight fight to decide 1st and 2nd place. Congrats to you both!

Winning the bronze this challenge is first-time competitor, anastasis14! He was the only other sub-4'10 finishers (along with MVR and Dan) with a very nice 4'08.493. Nice job and what a good way to enter the WTAC! Congratulations, anastasis14!

Antares26 was the other new racer joining the WTAC for the first time and we're very glad to have some new competitors. Antares26 and I both didn't make the podium this week... but, speaking for myself, I had a lot of fun in this challenge. Our very own veteran, red ice, unfortunately submitted his time too late. But it was nice to see him laying down laps in the WTAC again.

Petrolhead1 should be joining us for Week 86's challenge at the Sarthe Circuit, so be on the lookout for another car in the track! And, maybe if we're lucky, vaughan will join us for the next challenge!

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08####. (4'02.536)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Dan360###$ (4'03.415)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - anastasis14#l (4'08.493)###[6 pts]

### 4th - Detroitbb##lll (4'10.676)###[5 pts]

### 5th - Antares26##l (4'16.983)###[4 pts]

*Honorable Mention goes out to red ice