GTP XCLSV: TT PAL Hands-on: First Update

• Thread starter amar212
  • 5 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
Tourist Trophy PAL - 1st official Hands-On, as always exclusively for this small community :D.

Tha breakdown:

No new bikes in the fiirst grid, no new brands, no new courses, no new championsips, no new game modes - all the same as in Japanese and US NTSC. I expect PAL community to make a official objection to PD because of this :).

However, something maybe opens during gameplay, I'll track it down and put any possible news in days to come. Thank God, the weekend is ahead.

No 60Hz mode to choose, but high-res is truly staggering in this PAL edition. No progressive scan or any HD, but 16:9 is here, as well as Dolby Pro Logic II. Pretty much the same as in GT4 PAL .

Graphics seems somehow more detailed then Japanese NTSC, but I have to do some futher testing to prove it.

The true viewpoint change when crouching in FP mode (pro setting) as seen in NTSC US is here. The US controller set-up: normal, semi-pro and pro - is here.

Have driven few tests and there are some changes from the japanese version.

Times for licence tests have changed as always, been comparing Novice tests - for example, japanese 1st test is 0:28:270 while PAL is 0:27:649. At least famous "European hard" is back. Nice. Here is the novice gold-time beakdown:

1. 27.649
2. 18.318
3. 40.656
4. 35.743
5. 18.912
6. 14.768
7. 32.478
8. 24.498
9. 34.404
F. 46.260

Have high hopes for Nurb in Super Licence, but I guess I'll know more about it tomorrow.

Done a brief overview of challenges, Autumn Ring Mini is still the track we'll drive the most on :).

There are 93 bikes listed in the beggining of the Challenge mode. The structure itself didn't change.

5 Euro languages to choose from and colonial-2-metric choice is there.

That is pretty much it, the PhotoMode is still replay-only and that's all basically.

Game is out from 26th as I know, so be prepared. If any in-game news occurs I'll post an update. Feel free to ask Q's and I'll try to cover them as I'll be in chance.

### Morning Update: did Novice Licence late evening, the prize list looks prety much the same (didn't really bother comparing), except for the Polyphony Digital Gloves (pale beige) which I can't remember from Japanese game.

amar212
No 60Hz mode to choose, but high-res is truly staggering in this PAL edition. No progressive scan or any HD, but 16:9 is here, as well as Dolby Pro Logic II. Pretty much the same as in GT4 PAL .
I'm a bit confused. I'd say "high-res" means 1080i, but the rest looks like there is no HDTV mode. So, do we get 1080i, or not? :confused:

(My guess: no) :yuck:

EDIT: I just saw you said "no hd". Soooooooooooorryyyyyyyyyy! :ill:

Thanks!
the Interceptor

You know what I just thought ? That amar212 is in fact japanese, working for Polyphony...hiding his true identity...like a friendly spy..... :D Oh well I guess I should go to bed now ^^.... Then again...honestly... you are so well informed and always so early... are you working for a game magazine then ? We will never know ;) And if you tell me you would have to kill me :D .... oh well, thanks for the info though... I should play TT again.... I kind of stopped a few weeks ago because I had a lot of work and didn't begin again...for no good reason....

I find it frustratingly far away.
Even if it isn't, i just can't wait to play it

Max_DC
... you are so well informed and always so early... are you working for a game magazine then ? We will never know
Yes, he works for a game magazine, and we do know, cause he told us some time ago. :sly:

Regards
the Interceptor

Back