GTP_Sjaak - 2:14.371
GTP_w-g-e - 2:15.177
GTP_chupacabrito - 2:15.707
GTP_Mafiaboy - 2:17.410
GTP_Pyxen - 2:19.335

Thank you, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Nice to see I was much more competitive in the second race. I lowered the car to the max, and it made a huge difference. It was fun to race with you guys who are so much faster than I am!

Here is the report for the 2/3 pm GMT+7 races of this fine evening.

Race one lineup: Rutter200, Crispy74, W-G-E, Burr_UK, NielsG62, PASM, Sjaak, Fastas, NIZZY, Mafiaboy, Neenor, CaptainRoh, BlaqueJack and cicua.

Rutter was first all along, but Crispy and PASM had a great battle for second place during most of the race. Most cars had tyre wear trouble after lap 11, but apparently the better drivers conserve their tires better than the slower ones.

Outcome, race 1:

1. Rutter200
2. PASM
3. Crispy74

Race two lineup: CaptainRoh, Animera, Crispy74, Rutter200, PASM, Burr_UK, Neenor, alexi, BlaqueJack and NIZZY.

At first CaptainRoh and Animera had a nice battle for first spot. Soon Rutter overtook CaptainRoh tho. Ian crashed at the end of lap 7 in a curious thingy with Bart. In the final lap Neenor overtook Crispy to gain the bronze podium.

Outcome, race 2:

1. 33'52 Rutter200
2. 34'01 CaptainRoh
3. 34'19 Neenor (Crispy 4th by just 2 seconds)

Well done everybody, looked like clean racing both instances. Hope next month will be exactly like this one 👍

EDIT oh and thank you Ian for removing the white blocks from the road after your final chicane messup with Bart :D

Last edited:
I am impressed with you guys who did without a pit stop. I started losing seconds after 7-8 laps. Watching the replay I see you have a minimum of tyre squeal and skidding, and still manage to pull 2.14'ish laps at the end.

This was good racing, and infinitely more fun than seeking out random lobbies. Thanks to the hosts, and thanks to everyone else. 👍

I hope we can do this more now! I really enjoyed the racing.. Especially that people actually moved over for faster racers. Can we get division listed after names by chance? I'd be interested in seeing which divs I was up against...

race result from my session 1.

1. GTP_PASM 33:52.791
2. GTP_Neenor 33:55.227
3. GTP_Egghead 33:59.253
4. GTP_Ren_Tec 34:07.064
5. GTp_Barra 34:37:967
6. GTP_PK_090 33:08.879

Thanks to Jerome for organising the OMRS,you are doing a great job, and thanks to the guys who hosted a race.👍

The combo was very challenging but therefore so much fun. :)
I did three races and it was a pleasure to race with so many GTP racers.
The 2PM (GMT/7) race had even a full grid with 15 Tags at the start.

The OMRS has a lot of potential and it was nice to see so many people are interested to compete online.

So again , 👍 to everyone who was racing last night.

At first CaptainRoh and Animera had a nice battle for first spot. Soon Rutter overtook CaptainRoh tho. Ian crashed at the end of lap 7 in a curious thingy with Bart. In the final lap Neenor overtook Crispy to gain the bronze podium.

:lol: You make it sound so uninteresting!

It was a VERY hard race for me. I started second in the second race and got into first for the first corner. Animera was right on my chuff for the first three laps, but I managed to pull a little gap. I kept the gap pretty much constant too, then I noticed Rutter take second half way through lap four. I lost my nerve a little and mistakes started to creep in. By lap 7 Rutter was close enough to strike, and he did. Honestly the way you brake so late is just astonishing. I had no chance. I cant put my finger on it either. Better pedal set? Machine gunning the gears? Either way I lost a lot of time in the braking zones :lol: Anyway on the same lap coming onto the back straight I tried a move around the outside of Rutter. I got a nose ahead but Rutter was on the apex and the tinyest of taps had me on the grass almost losing it completely. I re entered the track and pulled over to allow PASM and Animera to pass. PASM either made a failed dive up the inside or missed his braking point massively but he plowed into Animera at the final chicane and I was able to breeze back past. Rutter had slowed for me on the pit straight and let me go infront for the first corner. My tyres were shot but we went bumper to bumper almost till lap ten. Unfortunately on that lap I got a little wide in the Schumacher S. I got a big slide on coming out of the right hander and almost lost it. Rutter pulled the gap and sprinted to victory. I came second by 9 seconds in the end.

Race one was great. Started 13th but finished fifth. I've rambled enough though so I wont bore you with the details :lol:

Exceptional first OMRS experience for me. Stellar job on the combo from Jerome and many thanks to Steven for hosting, Cant wait for next month! I'll see you all then 👍

I'm absolutely at a loss as to how WD ran 2'12s in the M3.. I had to tune it up and put a wing on it to get down to 2'11.... still used sport softs, too, but wtf!!

So much fun :)

race result from my session 1.

1. GTP_PASM 33:52.791
2. GTP_Neenor 33:55.227
3. GTP_Egghead 33:59.253
4. GTP_Ren_Tec 34:07.064
5. GTp_Barra 34:37:967
6. GTP_PK_090 33:08.879

Was fun but a bit of a struggle as I had no setup time and no even 1 warm up lap before the race. I found my gearbox was way out and blow my tyres early on with these fast three baring down on me lol. Only found the event by change, hadn't realised a month had passed already after month 1, yikes.

I'm absolutely at a loss as to how WD ran 2'12s in the M3.. I had to tune it up and put a wing on it to get down to 2'11.... still used sport softs, too, but wtf!!

So much fun :)

PASM was running 11s in our attempt at a race with Fryz. Couldn't go below 12.4 and seemed to be losing most of it in T1, which I couldn't work out!

That was my first taste of the OMRS and I have to say it was great fun! I wasn't planning on participating then I noticed Wes in the lobby from my friends list so I thought may as well have a go. I quickly got this thread up on my phone to see the combo rules etc. There was some connection issues but in the end Stevens room was stable.

Got a good few laps in when waiting for the lobby to fill up etc. Got to up to speed quite quickly. In the first race I was on pole and was able to make a break but Crispy was certainly keeping me honest. Think I set a 2.11.1 while trying to pull a gap. I could see Bart was coming through the field so I just tried to get a good gap so I could relax a little near the end.

2nd race was fun battling through the pack. There was some lagg so I was quite cautious when trying to overtake but at same time was hoping the front guys wouldn't pull too big a gap. Myself and Bart were closing in bit by bit and eventually we arrived with the 3 guys at front. Got past Crispy then Animera and slowly caught up with Captain. We had nice battle swapping position but unfortunately Captain make a mistake and I was able to get a good gap.

Thanks to all you guys who put this on and off course the participants 👍

Dang! My fastest lap and personal best was a 2'12.229 in race two. No draft. Great car the M3. Again, massively enjoyed this weekend 👍

PS: Jerome, will you be updating the opening post with offical results like your own lobbys? Obviously it would require a bit of cooperation from the hosts but I'm sure they knew what they were signing up for. Would be nice to be able to compare 👍

Also, and sorry to end on a low note, but it really annoys me that so many people competed in and enjoyed OMRS yet they dont even post to show their appreciation. The threads deserve better! It only takes a second 👍

PPS: 👍 lol

Yea normally if they had what's known as an "internet connection" they would post their race results and fast laps and such in this thread :lol:

Hopefully next month will be a bit smoother in that regard.

Jerome

Thanks to Jerome for hosting and it was my first time into the OMRS and be sure that I'll be there next month. :cheers:

It was great fun in Stevens room; and nice sized grids. 👍:)

Even though I was amongst the not as quick group I had loads of fun. :)

Talk about presssure when starting the 2nd race on the poll! Notice the off (s)!

Hats off to Jerome for organizing; the various room hosts, and all the GTP_ drivers. 👍

Thanks for the kind words guys 👍 We really appreciate the support and I'm hoping to have something special planned for next month :sly:

Jerome

:lol: No, and it's not the SambaBus either :lol:

Jerome

Back