GTP_WGT3RS Week 13: FINAL RESULTS! BAD NEWS FOR THE SERIES!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eric Demory
  • 8 comments
  • 1,378 views

Eric Demory

Formerly “Crooooooow”
Premium
Messages
6,695
United States
Frederick, MD
af12.png



cce1.png



{GTP_Weekly Gran Turismo 3 Race Series}


capturewm.png




Week XIII
img0002_2.jpg




Time Trial in Arcade Mode
Elise_motorsport.jpg


Seattle Circuit - Forward

seattle.gif



Driving​
lotusmotorsportelise200.jpg

Lotus Motor Sport Elise
​



​
Race Details:​


  • Mode: Arcade Mode/Time Trial
  • Track: Seattle Circuit
  • Manufacture: Lotus
  • Model: Motor Sport Elise

57b4.png




Vehicle Specifications:
​


  • Power: Maximum 340hp
  • Weight: No change after purchase.
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tuning: Tuning is available
  • Tires: sports
car-lotus2.jpg


Something you should know about the horsepower!!!:
Some racers and I have recently noticed a little issue with the hp. For example: If you tune your car up to 591hp, then when you enter the time trial, the hp will show up with a bit higher amount of power. Do not worry about what the time trial says about the hp, just worry about the hp when you are in the tune shop.



Race Specifications:


Your Run must be completely clean at all times.
{Stay on the track}
{No more than 2 wheels on the grass/dirt, with the other wheel(s) on the rumbles or the track}
5d2e1.png





Standard Clean OLR Rules:


* 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
* Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
* Runoff areas are not part of the track
* No contact with walls, objects and non-gravel terrain (with all 4 wheels), visible or invisible
* If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
* No hybrids
* No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races
* Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules




Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):


* Lap time
* Any information which can be used to infer laptime





The following information can be discussed in this thread :


* Any Settings Discussion
* T1 and T2 times

seattle.jpg



Submission: All times must be sent to me by Private Message (Subject title: GTP_WGT3RS Week 13 Submission)


* You can submit only once
* Please include in your submission PM your division, final lap time
* The deadline is November 14th 1:59am GMT
* If you are unsure of the deadline try this site



Why is GMT important?

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the center of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Good Luck to everyone, and have fun!

:cheers:
:gtplanet: :gtpflag:


WEEK 13: FINAL TIMES!

1. 1'31.817 - MadMax86
2. 1'35.916 - apemax
3. 1'36.304 - Crooooooow
 
Last edited:
time submitted.

it can be a fairly loose car. not to bad though.
 
Everyone still has enough time to submit their times.
 
I planned to submit on wednesday , but I wasn't pleased with my laptime yet.
For next week I will tune and submit early.


Submitted with splits:

T1 30.193
T2 1'12.161

The setup I used:

Parts to buy: (for a fully broken in car)
(I ran out of seattle on seattle reverse and had gears set for F2.500 and then auto all the way to right. Once out of track I jammed the X button and let the car accelerate till it had enought mileage done)

FC (fully customisable) suspension
Sports brakes
Brake balance controller
SR (semi racing) Muffler
Sports ROM
port polish
engine balancing
Stage 2 Turbo
FC transmission
triple clutch
RC flywheel
FC LSD
sports tyres

Suspension
8.7/7.9
110/100
2/1
2/3
0.6/1.0
0.0/0.0
3/2

Brakes
5/4

LSD
14
22
8

Transmission (first move final gear to 2.500 and then auto setting to 26)
4.623
3.269
2.673
2.145
1.773
1.519
Final 2.540

ASM 0
TCS 0

Shift up at 7500-7900 rpm . Manual shifting preferred.
Feather/control throttle on corner turn in and then floor it.
The car has exactly 340 BHP when broken in.
The car can do a lap sub 1'40.000 relatively easy.



MadMax
 
Week 13 is closed.

I have decided to close the GTP_WGT3RS. Since all the rush over GT5 is going on more than ever, and people not wanting to race in GT3.
So, I am closing the series for quite some time. Until sometime next year.
Sorry for the bad news everyone, but we are not getting hardly any racers for this week and won't be for the next week probably.
 
ah ok then. no problem.:)
 
Even thought I was ready to tune another car , I agree that putting the series to a halt is the right thing to do.

I've enjoyed the chance to use GT3 for weekly competing. Something I had missed.



MadMax
 
Ditto what MM said. I enjoyed the chance to play a game that I had unfortunately passed over on my way to GT4.
 
I will continue the series sometime next Summer, after GT5 has been out for a while and people may want to revisit the GT classics.
 
Back