GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 42 : Lefty Goes to England

• Thread starter EDK
  • 175 comments
New splits found the purple yellow kart fastest for me:)

Last edited:
Hey Vince_Fiero, I had same cone experence, and the next cone down the line, very good times, gone!

Here is a clean run.

The culmination of about 5 hours of work.

Sometimes I wonder whether it's worth it.

Sorry to hear that Energiserrr.

New splits found the purple yellow kart fastest for me:)

:eek: Man, Paul, you deserve the D3/D2 gold with those times! I'll probably have to submit with my current lap. Early congrats, those are amazing. 👍

This is it for me. It was fun but man I feel like I just played a couple of hours with a vacuum cleaner at full blast next to me! Ears are still ringing!

T1: 33.435
T2: 20.747

A little more, submitting with these splits.

T1 33.891
T2 20.972

Submitted with these splits

T1: 34.411
T2: 21.007

I'll add my standard room-entry message: 'I got dibs on last place' :) That's where I'll probably end up. Had fun doing this combo though, so I may stick around for a while :)

Nice to see you back in here, Bart. Alwayns good to see some of the old GT4 crowd around, you should join us for some 3D3 action while you're at it. 👍

New Splits

Took a decent amount off my overall lap as well so I think this about the best lap I'm going to be able to string together.

You are at your division podium at the splits this time 👍 Worth it I guess

That's true. I was in a melancholy mood last night. Especially after reading of Energizerrr's woes. Hopefully he has the energy to try again.

Although I've been knocked off the podium spot that's it for me this week. Submitted the time on the board. Going to start breaking in that Golf tonight.

Submitting with these splits:

Very enjoyable combo this one, especially since it is the last of my requests.. Thanks Kev I think we have done one of everything now 👍

EDK
Nice to see you back in here, Bart. Alwayns good to see some of the old GT4 crowd around, you should join us for some 3D3 action while you're at it. 👍

Thanks for the heads up, Kevin. I know Philip started something like this way back. Has 3D3 grown out of that perhaps? Anyway, I'll give it go for sure, only not this week. Nascar isn't my cup of tea, really :scared:

Well after a week that I really wanted to put a lot of effort into My time was quickly sucked up with Wedding and house planning again. I managed to scrape in a couple of hours tonight for a Last ditch effort to try to drag my self off of the bottom of the Ladder. Fingers crossed this was enough to do it. I can see where I am loosing another .5 at least but its time for some ZZZZZ's I have Submitted with these splits. I still cant work out how you are all so damn fast. Especially those of us who like me are still using a controller.

Thanks For the Fantastic Event EDK I do love My go-Karts even if they are on the wrong surface (Bitumen not dirt) and I cant work these Button things very well. Hopefully by the time the next Karting event comes around I will have worked out the trick to these controller things.

T1: 33.182
T2: 20.545
And a rubbish last sector..

I've throwed away all my .7 T2's so far.:yuck:

A little more, submitting with these splits.

T1/T2: 🤬

While just being pushed off the D4-podium with otxjto's splits (at least while talking about the combined T1 and T2), and not enough time to do any about it, I just hope that my T3 will prove slighty better than the other D4-contestants....

Submitting with current splits..

Real close race in the D4-top.. :sly: 👍

:eek: Man, Paul, you deserve the D3/D2 gold with those times! I'll probably have to submit with my current lap. Early congrats, those are amazing. 👍

Cheers for the compliment lucas

Its the most time I have had available this week to do the WRS and enjoyed the karts, I have a faster time but I dont think its clean its touch and go on the last corner so Iam submitting with my current splits.

Looking forward to see how people were getting under 33.3 couldnt do it all

Great 1st sector Wes 👍 I've seen a few 33.1s but failed to capitalise on them.

I think I'm done -- set 2 faster laps but both too close to the wire to be comfortable. The gain is miniscule anyway so I reckon I've left about 0.15 out there from my best sectors. Pretty happy though and submitted with current splits.

Good luck everyone still running. :cheers:

I tried this last night, did about 30 laps - barely got under 34 in T1, wasn't much better in T2....gave up.

I dunno how you guys do it.

I was even using D for chicago and D for hammerhead!

On the plus side, I worked out zrodegreesklvn's name and how you say it - I thought it was Russian or something :D

Last edited:
T1: 33.251
T2: 20.490

Unclean by me and Mad's standards but clean by WRS standards. I didn't want to do this but I've been trying to get a good lap all day and I only crossed the white line by 15 cm or so. I could care less now.:lol:
Even got a .669 T2 and a whole bunch of other good T2's that I all messed up at the last corner.👎

So glad I can say goodbye to this WRS.:)

Was hoping to get more time on this one over the weekend, but no!
Submitting with a time that I am less than happy with.
Normally i would squeeze it til i have all i can get, i see the target but i cannot hit it no matter how hard i try.
This one has evaded me for sure!

On to Week 43!!

That's true. I was in a melancholy mood last night. Especially after reading of Energizerrr's woes. Hopefully he has the energy to try again.

Although I've been knocked off the podium spot that's it for me this week. Submitted the time on the board. Going to start breaking in that Golf tonight.

!!

After 2 days of not touching this event after the accident I had a go at this and after 4 minutes I beat my time!

Very happy, not the best lap but at the nick of time I managed to recover.

E

No, no drifting.:)

Thanks, but I was doomed anyway... I didn't spend enough time on it. Beat my OT by over 0,2s, but dirty at the last possible moment... :ouch:

Back