GTP_WRS-Online Event 128 : You Know Nothin', Jon Snow - Oval Sprints - July 2 & 6

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 24 comments

Gravitron

GTP WRS Race Admin
United States
Seattle
GTP_Gravitron
WRS-OE_3D3_Online-Events-3_zps7a9eb742.png

You Know Nothin', Jon Snow - Oval Sprints

Online Races LOOSELY based on GT6 Week 128 Time Trial

IMG

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Saturday July 2nd, 2016

Worldwide Weekend Time Slot
4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific / 20:00 GMT / Check Local

Wednesday July 6th, 2016

European Time Slot
3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 19:00 GMT / Check Local

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT / Check Local

2000 Ford Falcon XR8 @ Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

car_australia_ford_2000_ford_falcon_xr8.jpg
Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway (w).jpg

Stewards Notes:

Last edited:
Apologies for the late and unfinished thread, just wanted to alert people we are oval racing the Vette (or whatever comes out of tonight's session :)) at the normal race times.

If you don't see the normal Registration post #2 above, just leave us a post below which races you plan to make.

Last edited:
After doing a bunch of tests last night with the Falcon at the oval, it is alot of fun. We did a few sprints, where everyone was within a second. This one takes only a few laps to get up to speed, so if you want some fun racing, jump in today and do some oval racing.

We tried the Jon Snow combo, but you just can't see anything if you are behind someone.

Last edited:
After doing a bunch of tests last night with the Falcon at the oval, it is alot of fun. We did a few sprints, where everyone was within a second. This one takes only a few laps to get up to speed, so if you want some fun racing, jump in today and do some oval racing.

We tried the Jon Snow combo, but you just can't see anything if you are behind someone.

Tuned not tuned ??? WTF....

You guys switch stuff up WAY too much just before race day.. It's BS !!!

To my understanding it's all stock except the oil change and BB. Controller users will use RH/SM tires while wheels will use SS/SS. Just racing for fun this week draft will be on 'light' to help keep the pack together. Don't sweat it too much just enjoy the change of environment, oval racing is really close, intense, and fun.

I probably won't make it today, going out with family tonight.

We tried to keep the snow combo, but we decided that it would not make for a good race, with the visibility issues. We then went oval as the Daytona 400 race is this week, and thought oval would make for a good change of pace. I can't think of any other races, where we waited this late to make a decision, and as noted Lucas did apologize earlier for the switch. Busy week for many this week, and thus the late change. We chose this as no prep is really needed to get up to speed, and after testing where we had great races, decided to go with this.

edit I am in for the race today.

A combo with no grip and low vis is where I do best, and normally can keep up with anyone..
Tarmac not so much, unless I'm feeling good enough to practice two hours prior..

Dissapointed.. interesting there's no more Rallycross around here..
Those stopped around the time I entered the last real series and won..;)

...and hand'nt had a smoke in nearly 24 hours, that fixed that then..

Around here meaning: GTP in general not WRS specificly.. WRS is not a multi surface culture.
Not often I can do my thing anymore, and have accepted that.. Someone has to be last in racing, it's just a fact of life in racing.. I can deal with it, just not very well..

Last edited:
We tried to keep the snow combo, but we decided that it would not make for a good race, with the visibility issues. We then went oval as the Daytona 400 race is this week, and thought oval would make for a good change of pace. I can't think of any other races, where we waited this late to make a decision, and as noted Lucas did apologize earlier for the switch. Busy week for many this week, and thus the late change. We chose this as no prep is really needed to get up to speed, and after testing where we had great races, decided to go with this.

edit I am in for the race today.

Understand and agreed.. No problem..

We just finished the first or the 3 scheduled races at Motegi Oval, and if you want to have some fun, then enter. We had 8 cars for 3 20 lap sprints, swap places, at times you were in last and a few lap later in first. The racers out there, ran hard but clean, no real spins in 3 sprints. I had a grin on my face the whole time, swapping a bit of paint, overtaking, and being passed out of nowhere. One race we had 8 cars within one second, you never knew where you would end up at the finish line. The last race we had 3 cars within .03 at the line.

sorry missed due to the nonnormal thread. Now watching here as well. In for both on Wednesday

Ok :confused:

I managed to get the free time this evening to run in the EU. I'm I right in thinking the Falcon with SS/SS since I'm using a wheel ?

Please don't make it anymore confusing my brain isn't working, completely wrecked after a 12hr shift with only 4hrs sleep.

EDIT: Can we do a rerun of the falcon at barthurst (unsure of spelling). :lol: Honestly this does seem like a nice combo

Last edited:
Max says room up in a few minutes. Unrelated question...does the club mainpage Club Lobby button showing active rooms automatically refresh?

Max says room up in a few minutes. Unrelated question...does the club mainpage Club Lobby button showing active rooms automatically refresh?
As far as I know you have to manually refresh it via. re-selecting that option in the menu. I don't think I'll be racing today, too much going on at home unfortunately. Best of luck to everyone.

Guys that EU race was some fun everyone I think led a couple of laps. 2 wide then 3 then 4 wide on some of them corner's. Sorry for any bumps just couldn't help it sometimes cars everywhere.

Can we do something like that again maybe a Nascar race. And I ain't a big fan of Nascar

Back